Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default 416 bodies

Question: What current legal GT1 bodies will fit on the 416?

*Any Skyline body
*Cusco Suburu Dunlop
*Lexus SC 430
*Mazda RX-7 ORC Amemiya

Tamiya doesn't list the 416 as a chassis for either of these.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigRon
Question: What current legal GT1 bodies will fit on the 416?

*Any Skyline body
*Cusco Suburu Dunlop
*Lexus SC 430
*Mazda RX-7 ORC Amemiya

Tamiya doesn't list the 416 as a chassis for either of these.

Thanks
all of the above will fit tge 416 series the only issue is the mounting hole markers (aka dimples) are not marked for the rear bodie mounts

Last edited by JasonC; 05-23-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Double post

Last edited by JasonC; 05-23-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 05-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Can you post the date on the website?
I think the date is on the link and the entry forum. We will add it to the page too. Sorry I thought it was already there. The date is Saturday, July 17th 2010.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Ok here are the pics of the track next to the Vallerjo Gas station where they plan on running. I am told that there is absolutley no way a sedan or F1 car can run on this surface. Will someone please get to the bottom of this and let some of the racers who are planning on traveling in from out of town know if this track surface will be acceptable so that it doesnt make for a bad weekend. PLEASE!! Fred ? Norcal People? Someone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Brandon,
I hope this is a joke???? I was planning on flying in from the East Coast but if this were we are going to race I will stay home!!!!
How about Nor Cal in Union City F1 would be dialed on that beautiful track!!!
I hope there can be a alternative area in that Parking Lot? That lot is huge I would think something could be worked out???

Please advise on what you here in regards to this unfortunate situation?

Steve
Old 05-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Those pics I posted are not a joke my brother lives in Norcal and was working about 30 min away. I called to confirm with hobbytown and the guy on the phone told me next to the vallerjo gas station. Call Hobbytown in Freemont to confirm yourself. Unless I get some sort of answer from Tamiya that says Hobbytown is holding it else were maybe in a diff parking lot or track then I will not be attending. Those conditions are not what a TCS regional race should be held on. Someone from Norcal can you please respond so that us Socal guys can plan.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have raced my xray 008 at that area and had to extend my shocks to get 8 mm ride hieght in just to clear the bumps. I planed to run mini but I know I can not get my car that high off the ground to be able to have a good car and I will not even work on building a car for my brother to run as if will be no fun for him at all As it's the only race he will run once a year. Now if it was at target like last year it would be ok buy I will not go to the new area I might come and just hang out . I went last week but no one was their for the club race they all went to norcal to run. Why can't we have it there? the 1st I ran tcs was at norcal and they had 125+ entries and last year they had like 90 more people would show up at norcal
Old 05-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Rookie

I live around the corner from this location and can attest that those pictures Brandon posted are no joke. Being this close and I'm thinking twice about running there, I feel sorry for those who have to travel from far away to race in such poor condition. Plus there are not handicapped ramp that are ADA compliant. Not sure if this is legal since this is not a club race but rather a business so I'm pretty sure that it has to be ADA compliant.

I hope that Tamiya would consider moving it else where like Norcal Hobbies since they have a great track and a handicapped driver stand. There are few of us including myself who are in a wheelchairs that would like to participate but consider the amount of money and time invested to support this race, we'd like to be able to see the entire track like everyone else. Plus I don't think any one would be psyched about running on a track surface that will do damage to their cars when there's a phenominal track just a few miles away.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

It's unfortunate that the parking lot at Target is no longer available.It has always been a good surface to run on.It is what it is.The pics posted are indeed similar pics to what the surface looks like in the area that the race track will be setup.Unfortunately there is no other option on the property. The call would have to be made by Tamiya on what if any other options are available. I hope things work out in the racers favor.Will be great to see all you TCS travelers again!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Crap....I was gonna try to visit my brother and run tcs.... With that crappy asphalt...I wouldn't even put my tub cars on it let alone a $500 416.

Fremont hobbytown...FAIL. Non ADA compliant... Fail again. Fred please move it to norcal hobbies.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Fred do you see a pattern here cuz I do and I am not that smheart. Just ask Chris Lim. Ok jokes aside I think this issue should really be discussed between Tamiya TCS Director (Fred) and Hobbytown. I understand the support Hobbytown gives and thats great for them, tamiya, and local guys who need parts. With that said I think it would be there main goal which is to make the racers ( the guys who buy the parts) happy. I am done beating this dead horse I would hope that atleast a call would be made and the specifics discussed rather then trust that everything will be ok. If I have to buy tennis shoes and spend gas/hotel money then get up there and the track is undriveable I am gonna be one unhappy son of a swift.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default mini bodies

Hey Guys, I just built a Mo5 for the enduro race but I'm not too sure what body to run. I did like the way the Red bull mini looked. What were the bodies used that placed in the top 3 last week?
Old 05-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Swift Swift and Guess what Swift Yeah Boy Its Swift Mania here. That seems to be the most popular body next to that I think alot of guys run the Mini cooper short wheel base then the mini cooper long. Good Ruck to wuu

Well glad to see everyone concerned about the Norcal Race and what Track conditions are like. Typical .......... Nevermind I will hold the rant for a later day maybe even a "I Told You So"
Old 05-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Swift Swift and Guess what Swift Yeah Boy Its Swift Mania here. That seems to be the most popular body next to that I think alot of guys run the Mini cooper short wheel base then the mini cooper long. Good Ruck to wuu

Well glad to see everyone concerned about the Norcal Race and what Track conditions are like. Typical .......... Nevermind I will hold the rant for a later day maybe even a "I Told You So"
Come on Brandon, do spill. I love to see your rants
Old 05-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just had a great race at NorCal Hobbies yesterday. Man! What a nice facility. Really World Class. Surface like a billiard table. Not a bump in the place and after the Reedy Race of Champions this weekend at NorCal Hobbies, the traction will be off the hook.

NorCal Hobbies is only about ten miles north of Hobby Town, Fremont in Union City. No one would have to change flight reservations or even hotel reservations. All Fred would have to do is call Eric or Kevin and ask. And if you raced there at the TCS in 2008 and you thought it was good. Wait until you see it now!!!

Look at the arial shots of the facility.

http://www.norcal-hobbies.com/galler.../aerials2.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.