Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default The sauce

The spray is a mix of pancake syrup and water. Syrup could be purchased in 1 gallon jugs for about $4-$5 at the grocery store and it takes at least 2-3 gallons for a decent coat.

Btw...this iPoo'd rocks
Old 05-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
The spray is a mix of pancake syrup and water. Syrup could be purchased in 1 gallon jugs for about $4-$5 at the grocery store and it takes at least 2-3 gallons for a decent coat.

Btw...this iPoo'd rocks
Is that what they've used at Tamiya Aliso?

Do you like it? (not to eat)

I've only heard of drink syrups, grape, cherry, coke... and recently sno cone syrup.
I guess it's in the mixing?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The trick is to use snow cone syrup cherry I beleive is the best. You dilute 1:1 with water but the trick was we used big old towels and they were damp with water and I put them on a broom and we tack ragged the track surface to remove fine dust or dirt of course the track was blown off real good first. After we sprayed we worked in the lightly sprayed mixture with a broom let dry for 30 minutes and it works perfect everytime and its consistent. Sorry Grandpa it is consistent!! I know cuz I helped Charlie Barnes do this at La Mirada and they are both slurry coated finishes. I will discuss this with Fred and all other parties on Saturday at the track and in fact I will purchase the syrup myself and if people want to donate then fine if not no biggy. The track needs to be sprayed it really does. Remember I run mini so it doesn't matter to me either way but for F-1 and the GT classes I think it would make for more enjoyable racing. NO ONE CAN DISAGREE WITH THAT IF YOU DO YOU PAY
Old 05-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default I always pay when I race

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
The trick is to use snow cone syrup cherry I beleive is the best. You dilute 1:1 with water but the trick was we used big old towels and they were damp with water and I put them on a broom and we tack ragged the track surface to remove fine dust or dirt of course the track was blown off real good first. After we sprayed we worked in the lightly sprayed mixture with a broom let dry for 30 minutes and it works perfect everytime and its consistent. Sorry Grandpa it is consistent!! I know cuz I helped Charlie Barnes do this at La Mirada and they are both slurry coated finishes. I will discuss this with Fred and all other parties on Saturday at the track and in fact I will purchase the syrup myself and if people want to donate then fine if not no biggy. The track needs to be sprayed it really does. Remember I run mini so it doesn't matter to me either way but for F-1 and the GT classes I think it would make for more enjoyable racing. NO ONE CAN DISAGREE WITH THAT IF YOU DO YOU PAY
Hey B. Missed you at West Coast on Tues; or at least I would have if I hadn't given up on running the main after both Minis developed an embarrassing habit. BTW, can you be sure and bring me my motor tester? I need to break in a couple of motors. Gratzie.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default Ageism

Originally Posted by 240Z
In the interest of team spirit I would like to invite novice/experienced drivers to form 2 person teams for a challenge at the TCS race May 16.
  • Novice driver must fit the qualifications as a novice and drive in the spec/novice class
  • Experienced driver would run GT3
  • Both team members would drive the same car that meets the eligibility requirements for the spec class
  • Only the A main times+laps of both team members would be added to determine the challenge winner

This is only for fun and is not an official TCS thing, so don't expect any Tamiya stuff if you win. I know a few Dads/Uncles of novice drivers already run GT3, so if we have enough interest, Fred may be persuaded to let us run a single "sportsman spec" A main race.

In the spirit of promoting participation by a younger generation, maximum age of Novice+Experienced driver should be less than 55 years.

Anybody want a piece of the action?
Crapp, that would mean I'd have to find an 8-year-old with mad skills. Ah well, another class I can't keep up in.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Crapp, that would mean I'd have to find an 8-year-old with mad skills. Ah well, another class I can't keep up in.
Look at the bright side Tom. I would need to find a 6 year old to team with who could drive like Mark Rheinhard.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default NEW STUFF FROM THE PAINTLAB

Guys,
Here are the latest from the Paintlab!!
There are more shots on the website.
Also I enabled the comments feature on the site, so feel free to comment,
We are also now on Facebook, just search F1PAINTLAB
Another big thank you to Dish for the awsome images of the cars
And now on with the show

Old 05-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Guys,
Here are the latest from the Paintlab!!
There are more shots on the website.
Also I enabled the comments feature on the site, so feel free to comment,
We are also now on Facebook, just search F1PAINTLAB
Another big thank you to Dish for the awsome images of the cars
And now on with the show

thats freaking siiiick! great stuff.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Please forgive this, but I saw some chatter on the Mini thread that Tekin has some sort of boost program for the Fx esc. Now the Fx is for brushed motors and the impression I had was these types of programs did not work on brushed motors. I know Zippo about the new technology and someone told me it had to do with some sort of sensor. It was way over my level of comprehension, but I pretended to understand. It was reassuring to hear that we wouldn't need a lap top computer and/or a degree in computer science or electrical engineering to operate a Silvercan motor.

Another thing I saw, was a comment that it would also work on the Tekin RS. Does anyone know about this or is this just some more BS??? Maybe it is time to go to a spec brushless system.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Please forgive this, but I saw some chatter on the Mini thread that Tekin has some sort of boost program for the Fx esc. Now the Fx is for brushed motors and the impression I had was these types of programs did not work on brushed motors. I know Zippo about the new technology and someone told me it had to do with some sort of sensor. It was way over my level of comprehension, but I pretended to understand. It was reassuring to hear that we wouldn't need a lap top computer and/or a degree in computer science or electrical engineering to operate a Silvercan motor.

Another thing I saw, was a comment that it would also work on the Tekin RS. Does anyone know about this or is this just some more BS??? Maybe it is time to go to a spec brushless system.
Granpa - I'd ask this question over in one of the Tekin threads

Personally, i think it is BS since I've been told several times that they technology that allows for the turbo/boosting of BL motors is not available on the brushed side of things...also, there has never been a senor for a brushed motor - so not really sure what that is about either...

I know I am not a 'top level' driver or even one of the R&D drivers for Tekin, but I've never heard of this, so not sure what to make of it...I have even asked Randy Pike, the team manager, about this and am still waiting on a response
Old 05-10-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The Hotwire, which is used to program the RS, can be used to program all Tekin products, IIRC. That does not mean they all have the same parameters.

Even in the last days of brush ESCs, the top of the line like LRP, KO, Novak and others could not advance timing. At most, they varied the frequency to provide the best feel and/or motor life.

Sounds like the guy telling you about this didn't know what he was talking about
Old 05-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
The Hotwire, which is used to program the RS, can be used to program all Tekin products, IIRC. That does not mean they all have the same parameters.

Even in the last days of brush ESCs, the top of the line like LRP, KO, Novak and others could not advance timing. At most, they varied the frequency to provide the best feel and/or motor life.

Sounds like the guy telling you about this didn't know what he was talking about
Actually, I was told something similar to what you're saying, I think. I've avoided brushless systems for cost and complexity reasons. Where I saw this was in the Mini forum. I got the impression, one of the posters had something to do with the program.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Actually, I was told something similar to what you're saying, I think. I've avoided brushless systems for cost and complexity reasons. Where I saw this was in the Mini forum. I got the impression, one of the posters had something to do with the program.
Ko had a 32(??) step frequency controller, LRP had several different programs, and on and on. They did not make the motor faster as a BL controller does now with timing. A brush motor cannot be made to change how it fires outside of physically changing the timing, magnet orientation or brush shape, as I;m sure you know.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default finals rules

if these products come to market in time, do we think they will be incorporated into the rules for GT2 at the finals?

roar announcement
Old 05-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have talked to Tekin in the past and they said it was not possible. Boost is for the AC/BL system only. I have had a FX for over a year and there were no real updates to it, most the work went into the RS. There is a throttle curve that you can mod, torque type control and other basic adjustments in the FX.

Although the RS has been over designed, who knows maybe the FX has been too?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.