Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-05-2010, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RAL
In honor of Kevin's latest creation! Some old skool German DTM action...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

They never offered a Audi A8 V8 body... I think Tamiya once upon a time offered a Sierra Cosworth body. I agree that was the golden age, but the ITC the precursor to the current cars wasn't bad until Uncle Bernie screw it up...
Old 05-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks for the tips.. tried the heating approach for the second time but industrial strength. kinda felt like i was baking bread for a sec.. didnt want to have to go to that extreme prior cause now i have TAMIYA SeaFoamGreaan parts..
Old 05-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
Any chance of some traction spray on the track for May 16? It may not be too big of a deal for 4WD or mini, but F1 could use a little help just to get around the track.
The noticeable lack of traction even effects the sedan cars. In GT-1, the tire / body / track condition atthe February Regional was not capable of taking the power of the GT-1 cars. Practicing GT-1 at the Aliso track lately with B3's is great for drifting.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Not sure what traction compounds were being tried and disliked lately but surely (Shirley?) one of the syrup mixes used with success at several of the other tracks will get it done.

Charlie B had us pretty good at the HB parking lot race last Sunday after sweepin and blowin then double sprayin his secret sno cone sauce.

When I ran Camarillo at their Ultimate round months back it was also very good and that was grape (I think) something.

BCR has been dialed in the past too.

Sticky is good for everyone, we can get it right and have a blast goin all out, no peddlin.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I agree...

Definately need to go back to spraying the track.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Long Wheel base!

Hey guys,

Does anybody knows who has the "Long" mini body for sale. I need one for the next regional and Tamiya is all out right now!
Thanks in advance!
Max
Old 05-05-2010, 06:40 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
The noticeable lack of traction even effects the sedan cars. In GT-1, the tire / body / track condition atthe February Regional was not capable of taking the power of the GT-1 cars. Practicing GT-1 at the Aliso track lately with B3's is great for drifting.
Yeah....but man were those tires sanded ohhhh so smooth! Wait wheelspin is bad? Ok, next round we'll go for "maximum angle" in the sweeper...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

SPRAY the TRACK FRED !! Also does anyone know if NorCal has thought about a silver can RPM limit or is it the good ol lame arse no limit again. I say 12,500 -13,500 max. Maybe the "Race Director" can shine some light on this question.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

PLEASE DO NOT SPRAY THE DAMNED TRACK. It's perfect!!!!!! Leave it alone. When the track is sprayed, it's inconsistant from one time to the other and from corner to corner. It's also a lot of work for the volunteers who maintain the track and that spray stuff costs $$$$$$.

I've been remiss too lately, but am wondering if any of the spray advocates have contributed any $$$ to the track Maintenance fund. If you don't know who to give the money to, Kevin Nino will gladly take charge of your contribution.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Ask Kevin who is a regular with the $.
He even told me I was good to go for a while and to put it away.

I pay and I say we could use the spray, sorry.
(wow, that rhymes)

With the right ingredients the sprayed tracks are awesome, hit up one of the other tracks that get it right and you will see.

BCR and Camarillo get it right.
Not sure if it's like getting secrets to silvercan wizardry but I would hope one of the sticky stuff "gooroos" would kick with a recipe.

Hell, even the parking lot last weekend was really nice, all day.

Asked around and heard no complaints.

Those for it,
say aye.

Those opposed?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

SPRAY please Timmy does a good job.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
SPRAY please Timmy does a good job.
+1
Old 05-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Spec Novice/Sportsman team race @ TCS

In the interest of team spirit I would like to invite novice/experienced drivers to form 2 person teams for a challenge at the TCS race May 16.
  • Novice driver must fit the qualifications as a novice and drive in the spec/novice class
  • Experienced driver would run GT3
  • Both team members would drive the same car that meets the eligibility requirements for the spec class
  • Only the A main times+laps of both team members would be added to determine the challenge winner

This is only for fun and is not an official TCS thing, so don't expect any Tamiya stuff if you win. I know a few Dads/Uncles of novice drivers already run GT3, so if we have enough interest, Fred may be persuaded to let us run a single "sportsman spec" A main race.

In the spirit of promoting participation by a younger generation, maximum age of Novice+Experienced driver should be less than 55 years.

Anybody want a piece of the action?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
In the interest of team spirit I would like to invite novice/experienced drivers to form 2 person teams for a challenge at the TCS race May 16.
  • Novice driver must fit the qualifications as a novice and drive in the spec/novice class
  • Experienced driver would run GT3
  • Both team members would drive the same car that meets the eligibility requirements for the spec class
  • Only the A main times+laps of both team members would be added to determine the challenge winner

This is only for fun and is not an official TCS thing, so don't expect any Tamiya stuff if you win. I know a few Dads/Uncles of novice drivers already run GT3, so if we have enough interest, Fred may be persuaded to let us run a single "sportsman spec" A main race.

In the spirit of promoting participation by a younger generation, maximum age of Novice+Experienced driver should be less than 55 years.

Anybody want a piece of the action?
need clarification..... so the spec car has to be run in GT3?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
need clarification..... so the spec car has to be run in GT3?
Yes. The TT-01 is a GT3 legal car so the sportsman team member would run it in GT3. The novice would run the same TT-01 in the novice class.

My thought was that the sportsman driver would run in the GT3 class if we could not get Fred to run a single main for the sportsman/spec. Or just create a D main in GT3 for the sportsman/spec drivers. That way the sportsman driver does not have to give up his regular GT3 ride. In the interest of time, the sportsman drivers would not run any qualifiers. They would grid in the opposite order of the novice finish order.

It is just one of my crazy ideas that might get some of the experienced drivers to drag in some more novice drivers and make it interesting.

How 'bout it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.