Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I always thought it interesting what Japan does in regards to qualifying in going by fast time and not laps and time. I think how cool it might be to really make a distinct seperation from qualifying to the mains and have a running clock where you are just trying to turn fast times. Where with IFMAR some people still have it in their heads it is racing.
The Ultimate F1 racing we have been doin is just this.

Split the field of our regular 15 or so racers, (rubber and foam run together lately with rubber outnumbering the foam entries).

Then run 2-10 minute (Super) qualifiers IFMAR style starts, then we try to lay down the single fastest lap to establish the order for the first set of A and B mains.
You can run as long as you want during the 10 minutes, pull your car, go back to the pits, resauce, tweek/tune and come back out and try again.
Just like the real F1 qualifying.

Last Sunday I layed down my quickest lap, heard my times slowing, went back to the pits and tweeked a couple things, came back and gained a couple tenths of a second.

Now on to the mains.

B main runs, times are set then A mains are run.

Guys that are quick in the B will bump out the slower guys in the A after the resort, each round.

DNF the A and you go automatically to the next round B main and have to race your way back up(my first round went this way).

End of the day points are awarded for positions and TQ to determine the days winners.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
The Ultimate F1 racing we have been doin is just this.

Split the field of our regular 15 or so racers, (rubber and foam run together lately with rubber outnumbering the foam entries).

Then run 2-10 minute (Super) qualifiers IFMAR style starts, then we try to lay down the single fastest lap to establish the order for the first set of A and B mains.
You can run as long as you want during the 10 minutes, pull your car, go back to the pits, resauce, tweek/tune and come back out and try again.
Just like the real F1 qualifying.

Last Sunday I layed down my quickest lap, heard my times slowing, went back to the pits and tweeked a couple things, came back and gained a couple tenths of a second.

Now on to the mains.

B main runs, times are set then A mains are run.

Guys that are quick in the B will bump out the slower guys in the A after the resort, each round.

DNF the A and you go automatically to the next round B main and have to race your way back up(my first round went this way).

End of the day points are awarded for positions and TQ to determine the days winners.
Is there a website that has the rules?
I like that concept of the Super qualifiers. To me that makes sense and adds quite a bit more fun to the event. What happens if there are a bigger number like 30 guys in the class? Do you lengthen the super qualifier and have limits to the number on the track? Also the concept of losing your lower A-main spot seems pretty exciting and gives guys in the B a chance. Unlike nascar they have the race for the chase where 12 guys are locked in for 10 races. Many of those guys seem to fall asleep and should be able to get knocked out which your series allows for.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It was kinda lame that Dave couldn't bump into the A main for the final. I love the format otherwise though, maybe we add the special "for Dave only" bump rule for final rounds.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

By the way , just noticed the picture with your post. Would that be Frank"Killer" Killam waxing poetic?
That McLaren on the stand looks bitchin' and at the same time familiar
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
B.
If you're bringing RedBull Bodies you will be my bestest friend, and I would be happy to have you as a team mate.

Seriously, the UF1 races are a blast.
10min timed sessions, and triple mains, with bump up and downs.

Lots of different F1 teamed bodies
Lots of Comp
Cool gang to hang with...
Come on out !

Old 04-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

UF1 Rules

I'm all for the "Dave Rule" but I have to admit, having mechanical dnf's adds to the realism, and that trumps A-Mains

I wish all of the F1 drivers out there could experience what is going on in SoCal with the UF1 series, it's pretty cool.

Ah yes that is Frank, good to see him playing with electrics again.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

nevermind
Old 04-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Is there a website that has the rules?
I like that concept of the Super qualifiers. To me that makes sense and adds quite a bit more fun to the event. What happens if there are a bigger number like 30 guys in the class? Do you lengthen the super qualifier and have limits to the number on the track? Also the concept of losing your lower A-main spot seems pretty exciting and gives guys in the B a chance. Unlike nascar they have the race for the chase where 12 guys are locked in for 10 races. Many of those guys seem to fall asleep and should be able to get knocked out which your series allows for.
If you have any questions about the format, jump on over to the So Cal F1 thread. I would hate to take up valuable TCS thread space that could be put to better use discussing silver can rules.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

Touche'
Old 04-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by downtempo
It was kinda lame that Dave couldn't bump into the A main for the final. I love the format otherwise though, maybe we add the special "for Dave only" bump rule for final rounds.
I've been hit by the DNF in the A main a couple times.
Last Sunday I was able to "resort" into the A since the DNF was in round 1 which left round 2 to do well enough to resort/bump up for the round 3 A main.
When the DNF hits you in round 2, the only place to go is the B main in round 3 with no way to "instant bump" into the same round 3 A main.

Some feel that an "instant bump" should not be an option,
i.e. win the B and get into the A in the same round.

I get why, reliability and consistency is key in F1 but on the other hand, having been on the other end (like Dave was), an instant bump for winning the B seems to be a reasonable option worth considering?
I would have loved to be able to get into the A3 main after winning the B3 main a couple events ago.
I also think it would have been cool to have Dave in the A3 main last Sunday after he won his B3 main.

Ouch! Ow! Yeeeouch! Hey, that hurts. OK, ok.

Not even a vote?
Just sayin.

Bump ups are common in RC racing, a nice reward for winning a lower main.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

FIRST OF ALL a past champ in my awesome opinion should not be allowed to run a regional in the same class that they won. Hence for the dumb people out there if you won MINI then next year you would only be able to run GT1, 2 , 3 . If you then won a regional then your prize would go to a non profit organization to benefit kids that dont have the means to purchase such toys in fact here is a link to a website where they can send there prizes
http://www.givebrandonyourcarkitssoh...oneyonebay.com

This is an amazinig program and I highly suggest you guys research it ASAP. And one more thing................ Quit the bitchin everyone
Old 04-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
FIRST OF ALL a past champ in my awesome opinion should not be allowed to run a regional in the same class that they won. Hence for the dumb people out there if you won MINI then next year you would only be able to run GT1, 2 , 3 . If you then won a regional then your prize would go to a non profit organization to benefit kids that dont have the means to purchase such toys in fact here is a link to a website where they can send there prizes
http://www.givebrandonyourcarkitssoh...oneyonebay.com

This is an amazinig program and I highly suggest you guys research it ASAP. And one more thing................ Quit the bitchin everyone
Not to be confused with the government stimulus package Tamiya's for Lapdances, or more simply put Kits 4 Ti*s
Old 04-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Not to be confused with the government stimulus package Tamiya's for Lapdances, or more simply put Kits 4 Ti*s
So if I save my 1$ bills I can get a lap dance from a TT-01?

I could use a TT dance.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
I would hate to take up valuable TCS thread space that could be put to better use discussing silver can rules.
I don't care about that.
If I did, I would suggest 13,000 to 13,500 for the RPM Limit.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
So if I save my 1$ bills I can get a lap dance from a TT-01?

I could use a TT dance.
That kit will only get you the fat chicks
a 416 will get you into the VIP room
Old 04-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Paging...

Paging Tom Kahl.... please pick up a white courtesy telephone....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.