Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
If you question my TCS spirit, just ask the many TCS competitiors I have raced against and supplied them parts so they could get back on the track and compete against me.
Yeh, you are the same guy that wrote this when someone asked about bodies.

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
go spend your money and your time to try different things to see what works best for you, just like the rest of us do.
Great spirit. I remembered being glad I did not get that kind of response and decided this thread was not a good place to ask questions.

Originally Posted by billjacobs
What if Paul Lemieux showed up at a tcs and ran gt1 and gt2, do you think he wouldn't win both? The same people who are saying "sour grapes" would be yelling the loudest that "it isn't fair."
Paul did show up, he just did not race, but if he could and won, I know he would give his kit to a young racer without hesitation. He has a thread under electric on road. You should post your position on this matter there. I am sure he would be happy to give you his opinion.

Originally Posted by billjacobs
In my opinion, once you win a kit in a class, you shouldn't be able to win another kit in that class, EVER.
I'll make sure I tell Jason and Dana.

From what I see everything besides the medals are gifts and Tamiya requests they go to younger new drivers when possible to help promote the hobby. If you really felt this was an issue at the TCS held at Trackside I urge you to contact Scotty there. I am sure he would be happy to refund your entry fee.

Keith.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Switzerland here
Gonna try to be neutral and objective.
First off I agree with the idea of giving the prizes to the kids when the winner is ineligible.
At the same time I can see an argument for the prize going to the runner up.
IMO and it is only an opinion, past champs should only be running in GT1 no matter what class they won their title in. And at the risk of pissing off a whole nother group (GT1 drivers) it should be a non prize class.
What is the rationale for this madness?
The skill level in TCS as a whole has elevated to damn near pro level racing, and im talking in the A mains.
GT1 being the top dog class is about as close to pro level that you can get.
If you are a past national champ, you are good enough to get a sponsor, you are on another level.
This has nothing to do with who the person that won was, I have raced with Erik for a long time and he has his act together. If it was Bruce, Dave Weir,Lee Passehl, Dave Berger, etc. it doesnt matter. There arent usually enough past champs to run a Past champs class at most races , so again IMO GT1 is the next best thing.
Let the rock throwing commence, I am stepping off the soapbox.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default more popcorn

who's popping more popcorn?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Switzerland here
Gonna try to be neutral and objective...
...And at the risk of pissing off a whole nother group (GT1 drivers) it should be a non prize class.
What is the rationale for this madness?
The skill level in TCS as a whole has elevated to damn near pro level racing, and im talking in the A mains.
GT1 being the top dog class is about as close to pro level that you can get.
Great, now I have to tell my 8 year old son he should not run in GT1 anymore and if he wins he will not get a prize.

Originally Posted by Hebiki
who's popping more popcorn?
Your right, this is a bit dramatic even for me. Until next year guys.

Keith and Jason.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

IMO GT1 is the next best thing.
No thanks, I prefer F1.
But I am thinking about entering GT3 with my IFS.

What do you think about that B-Rad
Old 04-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
No thanks, I prefer F1.
But I am thinking about entering GT3 with my IFS.

What do you think about that B-Rad
I think no Red Dot for you!!!!!!
Yes it has happened, I am the silvercan Nazi
Old 04-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kghills
Great, now I have to tell my 8 year old son he should not run in GT1 anymore and if he wins he will not get a prize.

Your right, this is a bit dramatic even for me. Until next year guys.

Keith and Jason.
It was just my opinion, I dont know that there is a good solution to the issue, so maybe they should just leave it the way it is
Old 04-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default touchy, touchy

Wow, you write your opinion, people take things out of context, and then the flames start. I wasn't saying if Paul L showed up and won, he would keep the prizes (he would obviously give the kit away, besides he is ineligible anyway based on tcs rules- factory driver, etc.) I was trying to say if someone of his ability won, the tune of many posters would change.

How about this idea- you can only win 1 kit per season, and past national champions are ineligible to win kits. (my EVER idea was too harsh.)

And I also think that tcs has gotten much more serious in the last 4 or 5 years, I guess that's the nature of competition.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
Welp, I sure hope they pick the Havoc Pro... Nice, reliable and most importantly inexpensive ESC in my opinion.
I sure hope they will pick Speed Passion Spec class speedo/motor combo. Speedo has zero ajustment except forward/brake adjustment. Motor are sealed type and cannot adjust timing. It is brushless, it is small, it is affordable, probably cheaper then the Novak combo. And it is suppose to be this year IIC handout speedo/motor combo for the handout spec class...
Old 04-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

As far as kits being awarded to first place, I think everything should be left as is. A past national champion knows they can not win the prize so the host track lets them pick the person (a kid in the crowd, future racers) to give the prize to. I don't think 2nd place should get the kit. If you want the kit win, put the time and effort into becoming a better driver and beat everyone to earn your kit. I think if you keep winning you should get to keep winning the kits. Most of the whining on here saying to limit the amount of kits you can win and give the kit to 2nd place because first place has won already are those that continue to come up short. Everyone needs to remember this is a no cost fun event. I think everyone should be able to run what ever class they want (except if you don't belong in Novice/spec) no matter how many times you win. Only at Nationals should a past winner be placed in a specific class.

If you pay attention to how scotty presents the winner In the case of Wippler he says that because he is not eligible to win the kit for winning the class I am going to have him pick whoever he wants to get the kit. I think it is great that a kid gets it every time, the face on the kid is worth seeing everytime it happens, and that is what the TCS is truly about.

Everyone just needs to let this topic go, it is just fine the way it is.

My 1/2 cent.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

We should just be thankful Tamiya is giving kits away to the winners this year. Last year I beat a past National Champion at a regional race and first prize was only a body set. In my case I needed the body more than another kit, but that doesn't hold true for everyone.

Last edited by minimadman2003; 04-19-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

I think no Red Dot for you!!!!!!
Yes it has happened, I am the silvercan Nazi
Wouldn't run that cheater motor if you gave it to me for free.
I prefer the old school way, out of the box, gear to flavor
Old 04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One thing I have been thinking about is with the advent of incredible batteries, ESC's and motors, we are still doing pretty much the same things in the past 20 or so years. Other than changing heads up to IFMAR and going from 4 min to 5 min races, well in some cases 8 min, things are pretty much the same.

With IFMAR if there is no pre-sort you are stuck at the mercey of luck for 1st round hoping you can re-sort better the next round. Then if you run 3-4 rounds of qualifying, it becomes a nightmare when people not used to racing all of a sudden are racing in a heads up main. Maybe on a professional level this is no issue but with the average racer/TCS racer it seems like it can be an issue.

I know my past racing at the Nats I always felt it might be better to do round 1 IFMAR then the rest heads up or all of it heads up so people are used to that 1st turn start.

I always thought it interesting what Japan does in regards to qualifying in going by fast time and not laps and time. I think how cool it might be to really make a distinct seperation from qualifying to the mains and have a running clock where you are just trying to turn fast times. Where with IFMAR some people still have it in their heads it is racing.

Has there been other systems on an RC level that seems to work better or best? Not that I expect this to change the TCS series but you never know it might create interest, even if it is just the local level. I would suppose it has its limits with software, of which I have not used yet on the race organizer side.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Wouldn't run that cheater motor if you gave it to me for free.
I prefer the old school way, out of the box, gear to flavor
OK so im opening myself up to a barrage of crap from the insane clown posse ( Marty , Katzer, etc) but oh well, they will get me sooner or later
I could strap a rocket to my car, and you would still kick my ass, just like back in the days of the FORCE.
Im thinking of coming out for the Ultimate F1 race, maybe I should team up with you, I can be Webber to your Vettel. And of course I would paint the bodies.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

OK so im opening myself up to a barrage of crap from the insane clown posse ( Marty , Katzer, etc) but oh well, they will get me sooner or later
I could strap a rocket to my car, and you would still kick my ass, just like back in the days of the FORCE.
Im thinking of coming out for the Ultimate F1 race, maybe I should team up with you, I can be Webber to your Vettel. And of course I would paint the bodies.
B.
If you're bringing RedBull Bodies you will be my bestest friend, and I would be happy to have you as a team mate.

Seriously, the UF1 races are a blast.
10min timed sessions, and triple mains, with bump up and downs.

Lots of different F1 teamed bodies
Lots of Comp
Cool gang to hang with...
Come on out !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.