Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
If they are "not eligible" to win the prize, why should they be "eligible" to give away the prize ? Enjoy twisting that comment around to justify your position.
From the TCS rules: "we ask past champions to donate their first place prize to any participant or spectator of their choice."

I feel nothing was twisted. Your coments seem a bit like "sour grapes" to me and not at all in the spirit of the event I and my family attended.

Keith.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

OK You heard it here first I will put money that Tamiya will make the Tamiya Brushless system a spec for GT2 next year as well as the new FF03 chassis will become the GT3 class chassis for next year. I also spoke with a certain individual employee of tamiya and that the M06 which has yet to release the renderings will be allowed at the 2010 TCS NA Finals. The new in board suspension design and graphite chassis will make for a huge suprise for all those who are not able to afford the $387.00 price tag. This new rear wheel M chassis by Tamiya ( M06 ) is certainly one of a kind. Take a look at tamiyamchassisyuganda.com for further details.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
OK You heard it here first I will put money that Tamiya will make the Tamiya Brushless system a spec for GT2 next year as well as the new FF03 chassis will become the GT3 class chassis for next year. I also spoke with a certain individual employee of tamiya and that the M06 which has yet to release the renderings will be allowed at the 2010 TCS NA Finals. The new in board suspension design and graphite chassis will make for a huge suprise for all those who are not able to afford the $387.00 price tag. This new rear wheel M chassis by Tamiya ( M06 ) is certainly one of a kind. Take a look at tamiyamchassisyuganda.com for further details.
that's suggest at a website don't work - or a similar this cannot be found
Old 04-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
that's suggest at a website don't work - or a similar this cannot be found
Gotcha!!!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 06:21 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

seems like rctech's server got reset again so i'll try once more.

just picked up a fantom dyno however the laptop was damaged in shipping so i'm now out the software needed. does any1 have the software that could help me out? mertes? thx.

2nd, would a 6wheeler be allowed at the local tcs?

R
Old 04-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
seems like rctech's server got reset again so i'll try once more.

just picked up a fantom dyno however the laptop was damaged in shipping so i'm now out the software needed. does any1 have the software that could help me out? mertes? thx.

2nd, would a 6wheeler be allowed at the local tcs?

R
Stormer Hobbies used to sell the software. It wasn't very expensive.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kghills
From the TCS rules: "we ask past champions to donate their first place prize to any participant or spectator of their choice."

I feel nothing was twisted. Your coments seem a bit like "sour grapes" to me and not at all in the spirit of the event I and my family attended.

Keith.
Sour grapes ? No. Spirit of the event ? Isn't that rewarding the hard working competitors who compete and excel over the others ? I know it makes for better warm and fuzziness to say "what a great guy, he gave it to the kid". When was the last time someone on RC Tech typed out "what a great guy, he gave it to the competitor who would have one if the past champ had not competed". If you question my TCS spirit, just ask the many TCS competitiors I have raced against and supplied them parts so they could get back on the track and compete against me.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Everyone needs to get over the prizes and quit whinning. It's over and the prizes are in the hands of kids (where they should be). Don't like it, tell Fred or Gary, but don't come on the forum and spread anger of what anyone does with thier prizes. The racing is free and if you don't like the way it is run, take it up with Tamiya, Or the track owners that make no money on this deal after they take out the time needed to run this event, or stay home. Tamiya has done a great job with what is in place.

Last edited by C5R01; 04-18-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default my thoughts

This isn't "sour grapes." If a racer isn't eligible for a prize, the prize should go to 2nd place. If you are talking about an eligible racer giving the prize away, that's one thing. But someone who isn't eligible can't get the prize, and since they can't get the prize, they can't give away what isn't their's.

Let's take this to an extreme. What if Paul Lemieux showed up at a tcs and ran gt1 and gt2, do you think he wouldn't win both? The same people who are saying "sour grapes" would be yelling the loudest that "it isn't fair."

In my opinion, once you win a kit in a class, you shouldn't be able to win another kit in that class, EVER. You can still get the medal, the bragging rights, but not the kit. That way, if in the A main, the 1-5 drivers have all won a kit, then the 6th place gets the kit. That is a true "family atmosphere." Plus, if tcs was all about "family racing," there would be a lot more newbie classes, and the racers wouldn't be as serious.

The worst thing is when racers win the kit and then sell it. They obviously didn't need or even want the kit, so why did they take it?

TCS is the best race series, and it's free. But all of this "sour grapes" talk isn't accurate.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This has been going on for years and now there are problems. When bruce Hickman won a few races after his national win no one said anything, DID THEY! Why you ask. Because Bruce gave the cars to the the kids who didn't have a chance to win. You want a kit then BEAT THE GUY WHO WON IT! Again if you have problems with the rules, call Tamiya and quit crying.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:14 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

good grief it got ugly in here.

back to racing. really toying with flushing out some of my offroad stuff and pickin up a f103 (and perhaps a p.34) and runnin out on the club plot.

looks like bob (stormer) doesnt sell the fantom facts software anymore. :/

R
Old 04-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I ordered one of those Tamiya ESC / Motor combos... LHS sold for $135, great price and hopefully a quality/reliable piece!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Fred if you are listening to this discussion on Past champions being able to give their kit away - I vote you keep it as is - I would much rather see a kit go to a young future racer, then to another racer in the field.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tsquare
Fred if you are listening to this discussion on Past champions being able to give their kit away - I vote you keep it as is - I would much rather see a kit go to a young future racer, then to another racer in the field.

Totally agree! +1
Old 04-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Kit distribution when former nats champ wins class = TOTAL NON-ISSUE.

Ryan, give me a shout at [email protected]. I have the software you are looking for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.