Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
Not only did he give away his top prize... Erik gave away BOTH TOP PRIZES!

That's is what Good Sportsmanship is about. Helping others and having fun.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Not only did he give away his top prize... Erik gave away BOTH TOP PRIZES!
Maybe because Past Champions are not eligible for prizes, just the medals, under TCS rules.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Maybe because Past Champions are not eligible for prizes, just the medals, under TCS rules.
Yes, that is what Scotty anounced. I believe in the spririt of TCS it is a true demonstration of good sportsmanship and I am sure left a lasting impression on the young people present.

Keith.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All this talk about the kids -yet no one mentioned the fact that the spectator raffle was won by -yup a true kid - actually a pre kid -he had to be about 12 months old just starting to walk! Everyone got a good laugh about that, and who knows maybe he'll be driving in spec class next year! Hopefully Snowy can post a picture soon.

And while I have no intention of hanging up the radio, the torch has definitely been past in our house to the kid -I can't keep up with him anymore. Now if I could figure out what to do to give Nathan a mini setup that would have a prayer of keeping up with Whippler! Both mini and gt2was a race for who could capture 2nd -whippler was in a different zip code. But the race for second in mini was amazing - I swear that carl Seils should have had CO poisoning from running about an inch from nathan's tailpipe for many laps without even a love tap.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ray's motor post run was JUST over the 13500 limit, and I'm very sure it was just the risk he chose to take with having a prerace motor that was close to but under the limit. With the second through at least 6th place qualifiers within a tenth or so, it was a risk that you had to take. Scotty tech'd rays motor quite a few times to see if it had to be disqualified in the hope it was a dyno error or something. Ray also took the news of the heat DQ like a man and with no complaint. Ray deserves a congrat, not any criticism, for his actions. He raced fair and clean all weekend. Way to go Ray.

Originally Posted by Ray k
If you have this much interest in What?,Where?, When? ,Who? of the Mini TCS race . You could ask me or any of the mini racers there for three days ,instead of pointing a mystery finger on the thread.

My motor in the second Q' heat dyno'ed at 13,700 rpm by Scotty himself and that reading was only shown to me . I told everyone at the tech table the reading ,which included most of the racers in my heat . That heat was DQ'ed . Yes limits are pushed to the edge in these Spec classes to win . That same motor dyno'ed at 12,900 the race before!

As far as custom made parts , please point that finger somewhere else . I'm far to cheap to have any of that kind of stuff!!!LOL I even have all steel kit screws in my car.

Anyway, had a great time ! There was a lot of great talent in the house ,Carl put the pressure on me for my third place finish . Nathan and I have had some great mini battles the last couple years,he got me for second this time . Mr. Whippler in his own zip code ,keeps us all looking for faster setup.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Thanks!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kghills
Yes, that is what Scotty anounced. I believe in the spririt of TCS it is a true demonstration of good sportsmanship and I am sure left a lasting impression on the young people present.

Keith.
Always nice to feel warm and fuzzy when giving the 1st place prize to a kid. However, I don't understand why it does not go to the person that deserves it, dare I say "earned" it, the most, the person who finished second.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Always nice to feel warm and fuzzy when giving the 1st place prize to a kid. However, I don't understand why it does not go to the person that deserves it, dare I say "earned" it, the most, the person who finished second.
When this rule popped up that used to happen.

I remember soundly beating Whippler (past champ) in a rally carpet main only to get taken out by a lap car when I slowed to not take the lap car ahead of me out. Whippler got by me and won the race. The kit went to 2nd place me that time, which was around the beginning of that rule. To me anytime you can beat a past champ or come close to it, that can be something special, assuming you have little luck on your side.

Another time in Cincinatti and Glen Burnie I remember the top 3 did not want the kit and so it was given to somebody else.

Basically the difference is past champs cannot claim a kit, so why can they claim it to give it away? They already get a medal, which I don't have a problem with. Then if a regular wins a kit (not past champ), he should be able to claim it or give it away, which some do. I would think 2nd place to a past champ should be able to claim it or pass it on, at least be given that choice.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whippler should have a choice. He won and Scotty asked did he want to give it to a young racer (witch he did) and he gave the other to th topfinishing rookie. Scotty also said the could be put into a drawing along with the other door prizes.
On another note: Bruce Hickman was the first to give his winning kit to rookie racer and a young racer and I think it should be that way, but it's up to Tamiya.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C5R01
Whippler should have a choice. He won and Scotty asked did he want to give it to a young racer (witch he did) and he gave the other to th topfinishing rookie. Scotty also said the could be put into a drawing along with the other door prizes.
On another note: Bruce Hickman was the first to give his winning kit to rookie racer and a young racer and I think it should be that way, but it's up to Tamiya.
+1
Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default TCS GT2 question

Hey Guys,

I'm new to brushless and wanted to race GT 2 class. Can anyone recommend a competitive Brushless and Speedcontrol that is TCS Legal?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fx35rc
Hey Guys,

I'm new to brushless and wanted to race GT 2 class. Can anyone recommend a competitive Brushless and Speedcontrol that is TCS Legal?

Thanks
The "Flavor of the Day" is the Tekin RS line ESC and any of the spec'ed motors (see the rules). I believe it is TCS-legal as of now. There are talks of a spec BL ESC for next year, but only a few know what that might be.

If you do opt for the Tekin, you will need to do your homework or phone a friend to get the right setup for Aliso. Too much of a good thing will start to fry motors.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
The "Flavor of the Day" is the Tekin RS line ESC and any of the spec'ed motors (see the rules). I believe it is TCS-legal as of now. There are talks of a spec BL ESC for next year, but only a few know what that might be.

If you do opt for the Tekin, you will need to do your homework or phone a friend to get the right setup for Aliso. Too much of a good thing will start to fry motors.

I am really curious about the spec speedo... Any guesses? Havoc Pros? Or will it be 2-3 speedo choices?

Last edited by Chris Furman; 04-16-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I am really curious about the spec speedo... Any guesses? Havoc Pros? Or will it be 2-3 speedo choices?

To get it down to the brass tax SPEC class that many want it to be, I cannot see how you can do anything but spec ONE speedo and ONE motor. Any options creates added expense in the "well, I think brand X is faster" frenzy that we have today. So my opinion is keep it ONE BRAND SPEC, or keep the doors wide open for all brands.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003

Thanks Minimadman. I appreciate it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.