Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray k
My motor in the second Q' heat dyno'ed at 13,700 rpm by Scotty himself and that reading was only shown to me . I told everyone at the tech table the reading ,which included most of the racers in my heat . That heat was DQ'ed . Yes limits are pushed to the edge in these Spec classes to win . That same motor dyno'ed at 12,900 the race before!
I did have that problem too. After being raced, the numbers were still fine. After a proper cleaning, one of my motors I used and one Todd borrowed did jump up beyond 13,500. All my motors I ran at 13,000 to give possible wiggle room if they might mysteriously go up. The best thing to do is check after every race.

If guys were caught with 15k motors at a 13,5k event, pretty blatant. A few hundred over, that is the chance everyone takes.

As previously stated regardless of the RPM limits, the fast guys will always be faster.
I still will never run a red dot.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Wanted to thank Trackside and TamiyaUSA for the great race and all the great racers who turned out in Milwaukee. Jason can't stop talking about how much fun he had at this event. I think he really enjoyed the number of kids that were racing along with the adults.

He was proud to TQ and win Rally. He was also happy with how he placed in Buggy and GT1. But most of all I can tell you he had fun. Thank you to all who have helped in his first year of RC racing and first TCS. We are honored to be involved with such a great group of people.

The gold medal is off for 2nd grade show and tell tomorrow.

Keith and Jason.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Ray- no mystery finger here.. I actually had no idea who it was, I just heard from other racers talking about it. No poking fun at you or anything like that. Actually I believe someone before my post starting talking about illegal M04 parts or something like that, I was just asking an honest question. I wanted to talk about it because I Do run it locally and was about to run Mini at TCS and love the level of competition in that class. Everyone does have to push the limits if you want to be in contention to win. Sorry if it seems like I offended you, no intention of that.

BP - you should know me better than that. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Ray k
If you have this much interest in What?,Where?, When? ,Who? of the Mini TCS race . You could ask me or any of the mini racers there for three days ,instead of pointing a mystery finger on the thread.

My motor in the second Q' heat dyno'ed at 13,700 rpm by Scotty himself and that reading was only shown to me . I told everyone at the tech table the reading ,which included most of the racers in my heat . That heat was DQ'ed . Yes limits are pushed to the edge in these Spec classes to win . That same motor dyno'ed at 12,900 the race before!

As far as custom made parts , please point that finger somewhere else . I'm far to cheap to have any of that kind of stuff!!!LOL I even have all steel kit screws in my car.

Anyway, had a great time ! There was a lot of great talent in the house ,Carl put the pressure on me for my third place finish . Nathan and I have had some great mini battles the last couple years,he got me for second this time . Mr. Whippler in his own zip code ,keeps us all looking for faster setup.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

No foul!! Just wanted to keep the lid on the can ,before the worms spill on the floor!!! lol

Mr. Whippler shoot me a PM if you need those decals we talked about!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I did have that problem too. After being raced, the numbers were still fine. After a proper cleaning, one of my motors I used and one Todd borrowed did jump up beyond 13,500. All my motors I ran at 13,000 to give possible wiggle room if they might mysteriously go up. The best thing to do is check after every race.

If guys were caught with 15k motors at a 13,5k event, pretty blatant. A few hundred over, that is the chance everyone takes.

As previously stated regardless of the RPM limits, the fast guys will always be faster.
I still will never run a red dot.
Jeff I still don't get why you have to go there every time about Doc's Red Dot Motors. Your post was right on point but then you have to take a dig at Red Dot Motors. It is totally unecessary to take a dig at Doc and anyone else who buys red dot motors every time you talk about RPM limits on Silver can motors. Let it go already.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

For those few questioning the Red Dot Motors.

The motor that I have run for the past 2-3 years for club racing peaked out at 13,700 this past weekend. This was with normal break in and cleaning, I did nothing else to it. Needless to say, I did not use that motor. I purchased a Red Dot weeks before the race and put it in my mini the morning before qualifying. After the first run the motor peaked at 13,300, second at 12,900.

The point I'm trying to make is that, my club motor was to hot for the TCS. Red Dots kept me in the competition and I did pretty well with a good motor and a great set up. To bad I choked in A3, that's my fault. I guess I'll put the Red Dot away in the box until next year.

Thanks goes out to Doc for keeping me legal all weekend.

(should I clean it now???)

Mr. Whippler could you shoot me a PM also about those decals we talked about!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
Ray- no mystery finger here.. I actually had no idea who it was, I just heard from other racers talking about it. No poking fun at you or anything like that. Actually I believe someone before my post starting talking about illegal M04 parts or something like that, I was just asking an honest question. I wanted to talk about it because I Do run it locally and was about to run Mini at TCS and love the level of competition in that class. Everyone does have to push the limits if you want to be in contention to win. Sorry if it seems like I offended you, no intention of that.

BP - you should know me better than that. Thanks.
Chris,
Your post just had an antagonistic tone to it. My response was not completely directed at you, it was more of a general request. I feel that if someones gonna get called out for a DQ or questionable legality that the person pointing the finger or making the insinuation should have the facts straight. Remember, most of the time there are two sides to the story
Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks to all the participants that made it out to TrackSide Hobbies for the largest TCS event so far this year! I'm sorry I was unable to attend and see all my old and new friends. I hope to be in a better position to make it next year. I'm glad to see a ton of new kids enter the series. The series is intended for both young and the young at heart =)

For you Mini guys, I have a announcement. Just announced today: Yes my friends! Tamiya is re-releasing this as a body set only! Rejoice!

item # 84125 1/10 R/C Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Body Parts Set
Old 04-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Chris,
Your post just had an antagonistic tone to it. My response was not completely directed at you, it was more of a general request. I feel that if someones gonna get called out for a DQ or questionable legality that the person pointing the finger or making the insinuation should have the facts straight. Remember, most of the time there are two sides to the story

"antagonistic"? You definately read that "tone" wrong. Ray and I have already discussed and moved on............

Fred - really wish you were there, I wanted to meet one of the 'Tamiya Team.' Hopefully next year.. Scottie definately puts on quite a show! Does the re-release of this body mean the M04 will still be legal next year? Thanks again Trackside and Tamiya for these great products and events!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

Good seeing everyong at trackside again this year - I missed out last year on Family vacaion to FL. Scottie, as always, put a great show.

M04 will probably be banned, but the Miata, Alfa, Alpine, S800 (all RWD bodies) will fit on the M05 so expect to see them around for a while. Could be another "Wippler" rule to added to the 2011 rule books. F103 probably will go bye-bye as well. Tamiya wants to make money selling car kits and tires and can't do that with cars no longer for sale.

CSeils and Ray K,
I will send you a PM shortly.

Erik
Old 04-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
"antagonistic"? You definately read that "tone" wrong. Ray and I have already discussed and moved on............

Fred - really wish you were there, I wanted to meet one of the 'Tamiya Team.' Hopefully next year.. Scottie definately puts on quite a show! Does the re-release of this body mean the M04 will still be legal next year? Thanks again Trackside and Tamiya for these great products and events!
Well that happens from time to time, and I will no longer kick the horse, it is dead
Old 04-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
For you Mini guys, I have a announcement. Just announced today: Yes my friends! Tamiya is re-releasing this as a body set only! Rejoice!

woohoo, Fred - you're gonna make a LOT of mini guys HAPPY!!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by f1larry
Jeff I still don't get why you have to go there every time about Doc's Red Dot Motors. Your post was right on point but then you have to take a dig at Red Dot Motors. It is totally unecessary to take a dig at Doc and anyone else who buys red dot motors every time you talk about RPM limits on Silver can motors. Let it go already.
First time I mentioned it, really thought it is ridiculous sale. It took a class that is kinda like spec and turned it expensive like brushless. Is it a personal attack on Doc, nope, just the business of selling cheap ancient design of a motor as a latest and greatest motor. It could be anybody even my best friend and I would have the same opinion.

Two main fixtures in the hobby & TCS racing one said the sale of these motors is "lame". The other got upset saying it is A reason why tracks and hobbyshops close around the country and continued on to why. No, I will not share who said what. Although if you got upset for them saying those things and blasted them, you may have wished you did not.

This time, for me it is just a pride thing in saying I no longer would have a need for them, that is all. The gains I made between Omaha and Trackside in my motor department are legal and beyond expectations. Perhaps I could have phrased it differently so nobody gets upset, which I supposed I should have 20 people read my posts and see who gets upset, if nobody does, then I should post.

Everybody has an opinion, 12,5 - 13,0 - 13,5 - 15,0 - open, does it really matter? The people that have the knowledge will be faster and those that don't will continue to seek those that do for the faster motors. I spent over 3 years and many motors later to find this knowledge.

Perhaps I should offer an affordable cleaning service for those with "any dot" type of motor and bring them back from mediocrity. I know that was my problem in Omaha, as well as others like Core Creations. At Trackside some motors that Todd and I ran did go mediocre after the races and then came back with some TLC.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FMW
Sweeet!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FMW
Thanks to all the participants that made it out to TrackSide Hobbies for the largest TCS event so far this year! I'm sorry I was unable to attend and see all my old and new friends. I hope to be in a better position to make it next year. I'm glad to see a ton of new kids enter the series. The series is intended for both young and the young at heart =)

So much for selling my brand new Alfa M04M kit at home for a million bucks!! Haha!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.