Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-27-2010, 10:50 PM
  #13051  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool "Body of choice"

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
I never said "give me I'm entitled". We up here don't have the same body rules you guys have so I was looking for a little direction if/when I can make it back to Cali for the big show. I've gone twice and really struggled the first time, better the second but not my best races of 2009 thats for sure.

If I was down there racing at the Tamiya track every week I would know what body works best, but I'm not and neither are some others who are on this thread trying to get a little education to help them on/off the track.

I have a few of the bodies so I'm not saying hey "spend your money and tell me whats the best" either. I'm not affriad to try things, I was looking for other opinions as well and maybe everyone could benefit from that.

But maybe I'm just way off my rocker
No, your not off your rocker. i would say for Gt-1 Fred has really made it tough to figure out what body works best. Today at the track I've seen Skylines, Axions, lexus,NSX's and Mercedes bodies. I don't think the verdict is in just yet but I can say for sure is everyone is not set on what is the best body. I think it's all about if you need a more free body, or pushie body or neutral body to determine what is best for you. If I hear or see any one body that is being used the most I will pass this info on to you.
Max
maxepower is offline  
Old 03-28-2010, 06:37 AM
  #13052  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (22)
 
f1larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,269
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone give me a good FDR range for a 12,000 - 13.500 RPM Silver can motor at Trackside. I can never tell what is a good gearing range for a GT3 car.

See everyone in 2 WEEKS

Thanks,
Larry
f1larry is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 09:38 AM
  #13053  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Larry, for your motors probably around 5 flat. Keep an eye on motor temp and you should be fine.
rccardr is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
  #13054  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Kevin lets do it I would love to see some topless glazed Tetons. Oh Mama !!!
Brings a whole new meaning to "creme filled donuts" and "cinnabuns".

Disclaimer on Max's report on RC bodies. Any body he see's me run will probably NOT be the body I will use for the races just for disinformation purposes. Unless it is the third Saturday on the month prior to the race. Then it wil be the body I race. However, If I am overseas at that time, then it will be whatever body I show up with Sunday morning of the race. (Max - did I miss anything ?)
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:23 PM
  #13055  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
I never said "give me I'm entitled". We up here don't have the same body rules you guys have so I was looking for a little direction if/when I can make it back to Cali for the big show. I've gone twice and really struggled the first time, better the second but not my best races of 2009 thats for sure.

If I was down there racing at the Tamiya track every week I would know what body works best, but I'm not and neither are some others who are on this thread trying to get a little education to help them on/off the track.

I have a few of the bodies so I'm not saying hey "spend your money and tell me whats the best" either. I'm not affriad to try things, I was looking for other opinions as well and maybe everyone could benefit from that.

But maybe I'm just way off my rocker

I have always run NSX body's (2007 bodyset currently) Through the past seasons, these bodysets seem to be a solid choice - I do not believe running this body will put you at any competitive disadvantage - IMHO.
Tsquare is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 03:47 PM
  #13056  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tsquare
I have always run NSX body's (2007 bodyset currently) Through the past seasons, these bodysets seem to be a solid choice - I do not believe running this body will put you at any competitive disadvantage - IMHO.
nope it'll just get you disqualified since the NSX isnt legal in GT1 this year (dont worry i posted the same thing when i forgot about the specific body rules for GT1)
Hebiki is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 04:48 PM
  #13057  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I don't fully understand why a body that has been run for years in this class is now unusable.(scratching my head)

Are they out of production?
JoeGlover is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 06:45 PM
  #13058  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
I don't fully understand why a body that has been run for years in this class is now unusable.(scratching my head)

Are they out of production?
No, they are still in production, I think Fred was trying to add a little challenge to the class, and differentiate it from the other 2. Besides the GT1 rules have been pretty much the same for a long time, it needed something to keep it fresh IMO
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 07:08 PM
  #13059  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

By the way, speaking of bodies, if anyone needs one I have an F60 painted, ready for delivery, well almost, I need to paint and decal the helmet. Check out the pics below, chassis not included. If you need it for Trackside I can save the shipping and deliver it right to the track. If more than one F60 is needed I will paint them to order PM me for details.
Delivered to the track the price is $160 , if I ship it it will be $175


BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:18 PM
  #13060  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy RE: "Disclaimer on the Disclaimer"

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Brings a whole new meaning to "creme filled donuts" and "cinnabuns".

Disclaimer on Max's report on RC bodies. Any body he see's me run will probably NOT be the body I will use for the races just for disinformation purposes. Unless it is the third Saturday on the month prior to the race. Then it wil be the body I race. However, If I am overseas at that time, then it will be whatever body I show up with Sunday morning of the race. (Max - did I miss anything ?)
Wow!

Kevin,
I didn't think you would be running GT-1 I thought Gt-2 was your class of choice! Being that you can only run one at the Finals I assumed that's what you'll be running, so I didn't think letting Joe know whats what for bodies wouldn't be a problem. I guess I should keep my mouth shut!
maxepower is offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 09:11 AM
  #13061  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
nope it'll just get you disqualified since the NSX isnt legal in GT1 this year (dont worry i posted the same thing when i forgot about the specific body rules for GT1)
Sorry for the mis-post - I should have had a "V8"

Next time I will read the rules - "You know the old saying of when you "Ass-u-me".
Tsquare is offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 03:37 PM
  #13062  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by maxepower
Wow!

Kevin,
I didn't think you would be running GT-1 I thought Gt-2 was your class of choice! Being that you can only run one at the Finals I assumed that's what you'll be running, so I didn't think letting Joe know whats what for bodies wouldn't be a problem. I guess I should keep my mouth shut!
Max - After all these years, you still have not figured out my warped and twisted sense of humor ? All is good. As for Nationals, I still have not decided between GT-1 and GT-2. I am having fun in both classes (when it is not pitch dark and I can see the track). I will probably make my absolute decision the week of the Nats.
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 04-03-2010, 06:18 PM
  #13063  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (118)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,265
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

my GT2 car body is ready!


Chris Furman is offline  
Old 04-04-2010, 12:00 PM
  #13064  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
kghills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brooklyn, WI
Posts: 1,475
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Looking forward to our first TCS

Jason is ready for GT1, Buggy and Rally.

See everyone soon, Keith and Jason.
kghills is offline  
Old 04-05-2010, 11:40 AM
  #13065  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
SirSwiftAlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SOCAL the fastest mini cooper guys in the nation
Posts: 862
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone tell me what the race in Norcal is setting the RPM limit at?
12,500? 13,000? 13,500? Anything (Please No)
SirSwiftAlot is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.