Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool "Body of choice"

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
I never said "give me I'm entitled". We up here don't have the same body rules you guys have so I was looking for a little direction if/when I can make it back to Cali for the big show. I've gone twice and really struggled the first time, better the second but not my best races of 2009 thats for sure.

If I was down there racing at the Tamiya track every week I would know what body works best, but I'm not and neither are some others who are on this thread trying to get a little education to help them on/off the track.

I have a few of the bodies so I'm not saying hey "spend your money and tell me whats the best" either. I'm not affriad to try things, I was looking for other opinions as well and maybe everyone could benefit from that.

But maybe I'm just way off my rocker
No, your not off your rocker. i would say for Gt-1 Fred has really made it tough to figure out what body works best. Today at the track I've seen Skylines, Axions, lexus,NSX's and Mercedes bodies. I don't think the verdict is in just yet but I can say for sure is everyone is not set on what is the best body. I think it's all about if you need a more free body, or pushie body or neutral body to determine what is best for you. If I hear or see any one body that is being used the most I will pass this info on to you.
Max
Old 03-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Can anyone give me a good FDR range for a 12,000 - 13.500 RPM Silver can motor at Trackside. I can never tell what is a good gearing range for a GT3 car.

See everyone in 2 WEEKS

Thanks,
Larry
Old 03-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Larry, for your motors probably around 5 flat. Keep an eye on motor temp and you should be fine.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Kevin lets do it I would love to see some topless glazed Tetons. Oh Mama !!!
Brings a whole new meaning to "creme filled donuts" and "cinnabuns".

Disclaimer on Max's report on RC bodies. Any body he see's me run will probably NOT be the body I will use for the races just for disinformation purposes. Unless it is the third Saturday on the month prior to the race. Then it wil be the body I race. However, If I am overseas at that time, then it will be whatever body I show up with Sunday morning of the race. (Max - did I miss anything ?)
Old 03-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I never said "give me I'm entitled". We up here don't have the same body rules you guys have so I was looking for a little direction if/when I can make it back to Cali for the big show. I've gone twice and really struggled the first time, better the second but not my best races of 2009 thats for sure.

If I was down there racing at the Tamiya track every week I would know what body works best, but I'm not and neither are some others who are on this thread trying to get a little education to help them on/off the track.

I have a few of the bodies so I'm not saying hey "spend your money and tell me whats the best" either. I'm not affriad to try things, I was looking for other opinions as well and maybe everyone could benefit from that.

But maybe I'm just way off my rocker

I have always run NSX body's (2007 bodyset currently) Through the past seasons, these bodysets seem to be a solid choice - I do not believe running this body will put you at any competitive disadvantage - IMHO.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tsquare
I have always run NSX body's (2007 bodyset currently) Through the past seasons, these bodysets seem to be a solid choice - I do not believe running this body will put you at any competitive disadvantage - IMHO.
nope it'll just get you disqualified since the NSX isnt legal in GT1 this year (dont worry i posted the same thing when i forgot about the specific body rules for GT1)
Old 03-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

I don't fully understand why a body that has been run for years in this class is now unusable.(scratching my head)

Are they out of production?
Old 03-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I don't fully understand why a body that has been run for years in this class is now unusable.(scratching my head)

Are they out of production?
No, they are still in production, I think Fred was trying to add a little challenge to the class, and differentiate it from the other 2. Besides the GT1 rules have been pretty much the same for a long time, it needed something to keep it fresh IMO
Old 03-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

By the way, speaking of bodies, if anyone needs one I have an F60 painted, ready for delivery, well almost, I need to paint and decal the helmet. Check out the pics below, chassis not included. If you need it for Trackside I can save the shipping and deliver it right to the track. If more than one F60 is needed I will paint them to order PM me for details.
Delivered to the track the price is $160 , if I ship it it will be $175

Old 03-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy RE: "Disclaimer on the Disclaimer"

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Brings a whole new meaning to "creme filled donuts" and "cinnabuns".

Disclaimer on Max's report on RC bodies. Any body he see's me run will probably NOT be the body I will use for the races just for disinformation purposes. Unless it is the third Saturday on the month prior to the race. Then it wil be the body I race. However, If I am overseas at that time, then it will be whatever body I show up with Sunday morning of the race. (Max - did I miss anything ?)
Wow!

Kevin,
I didn't think you would be running GT-1 I thought Gt-2 was your class of choice! Being that you can only run one at the Finals I assumed that's what you'll be running, so I didn't think letting Joe know whats what for bodies wouldn't be a problem. I guess I should keep my mouth shut!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
nope it'll just get you disqualified since the NSX isnt legal in GT1 this year (dont worry i posted the same thing when i forgot about the specific body rules for GT1)
Sorry for the mis-post - I should have had a "V8"

Next time I will read the rules - "You know the old saying of when you "Ass-u-me".
Old 03-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by maxepower
Wow!

Kevin,
I didn't think you would be running GT-1 I thought Gt-2 was your class of choice! Being that you can only run one at the Finals I assumed that's what you'll be running, so I didn't think letting Joe know whats what for bodies wouldn't be a problem. I guess I should keep my mouth shut!
Max - After all these years, you still have not figured out my warped and twisted sense of humor ? All is good. As for Nationals, I still have not decided between GT-1 and GT-2. I am having fun in both classes (when it is not pitch dark and I can see the track). I will probably make my absolute decision the week of the Nats.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

my GT2 car body is ready!

Old 04-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Looking forward to our first TCS

Jason is ready for GT1, Buggy and Rally.

See everyone soon, Keith and Jason.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can anyone tell me what the race in Norcal is setting the RPM limit at?
12,500? 13,000? 13,500? Anything (Please No)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.