Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree824Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For inserts not sure but try to find the past set-ups to get a feel. Also the track carpet is absolute virgin the first runs on the track will be BAD the car will be horrible. By the 3rd round the carpet is starting to groove. It will not be like the carpet you are used to here in the US. Just learn the track for the first rounds of practice.

The weird thing I passed on for info especially in the later stages of the racing. The worse the tires grip for regular racing, the better the grip on the track. I had M-grip on the rear with push. I tried A's and was having a huge expo unfortunately this was down the front straight.

As for batteries we had hand-outs(02), 03 had batteries they had to purchase. I would assume 04 is going to be the same. Won;t know until the 04 rules package is released. I think Aus is the last series to run next weekend? So there will be a 4-5 week lag before the rules come out.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Exactly what Dan said with the battery situation. Contrary to what Dan stated about tires, I found that fresh sets work best with GT1 cars so don't be hesitant to ask your Pit Benifactor to help glue tires, get motors, parts, etc. You'll need it during some of those thrash and dash periods. Also, I know some of you guys think this is a no-no but keep in mind that negative steering exponential can help on this surface. If or when you guys get to play on the outdoor asphault tracks, don't forget to turn your expo back to normal

As for the Y1000 thing, my tv remote control stopped working the first night so I never got to watch tv while we were in Shizouka. I did get my free five or so minutes though haha. Besides, there were better things to do than watch tv...like cruising the trains tation for stuff, and checking out other things like the pachinko bar accross the street, etc...
Old 09-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

I suppose the best thing is bring as much as you can tote. The dash and thrash to the bullet train is the only determining factor for what I am bringing.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
I suppose the best thing is bring as much as you can tote. The dash and thrash to the bullet train is the only determining factor for what I am bringing.
Maybe you could hire a cute Geisha girl to double as a pack mule...
Old 09-12-2004, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

If I hire a geisha girl, it wouldn't be for a pack mule. j/k
Old 09-12-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

If I hire a geisha girl, it wouldn't be for a pack mule. j/k
I did say Double...
Old 09-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

I know, but I couldn't see myself having her haul around my rc gear.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yeah that part of the trip is brutal. Poor Steve had a huge r/c hauler w/ out wheels he had to carry all the way.... ouch. We hit the mall before we returned to the States and found him a hand cart.

Don't forget to bring a 7 turn for the Kakigawa (sp) and some big pinions... imagine California speedway but with left and right turns. Will probably be the most fun you have driving rc cars that week Don't worry about batteries either, they have them laying around ready to be borrowed.
Lastly, bring jackets, gloves and the works! Us California types were freezing out there.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Mike we got to go to Shizuoka circuit Rainbow10 is about 1 apt building away.

Kakegawa would have been fun that circuit is huge.

BTW where were you for Chumps this year we missed you.

Pete and I raced together this last weekend he has issued the first Smacktalk for the 05 race and said that Martin is going down. He is personally responsible for making sure there is no 3peat
Old 09-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wish I could have gone to Has Beens Nationals but work was huge that month and also that Saturday If the Nats are a couple weeks later next year then that would help me greatly but we'll see. We have a huge convention we get ready for every year.

Wonder what the chassis will be next year though? Is the 04 getting a little long in the gums? Were the spec tires Take Off? If so that's a definite plus for me next year

That reminds me. You future Past Chumps should save your money for RC Champ and not Rainbow 10. RC Champ had way more stuff and good discounts too
Old 09-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah we ran the CS-27 for tires. Fred talked of changing up the chassis for next year but not sure right now.

Your right Champ was alot better for pricing and selection.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by MikeR
That reminds me. You future Past Chumps should save your money for RC Champ and not Rainbow 10. RC Champ had way more stuff and good discounts too
RC Champ? Hmmmm, better than Rainbow Ten? Good enough for me. Is there a website?
Old 09-13-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Peter Robinson

Hey Peter....

Bring it baby!!

))))

I hope to see you there next year!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

RC Champ? Hmmmm, better than Rainbow Ten? Good enough for me. Is there a website?
http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/

try here Neil... lotsa stuff, good prices. from what i hear, if you order from here, tho... high shipping. shouldnt be a prob while you are there!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.