Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-20-2010, 08:29 PM
  #13006  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KELVIN KHNG
Guys, any idea what tires and inserts are suitAble for the gt2 class at the tamiya circuit later this year?
Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Bill J and Doc, one thing I totally agree with you both and it is never said enough, the "fast guys" are usually the ones that practice their skills and willing to spend their time and money to test differentr set-ups, body types, tire and insert combo's etc. to see what is faster for them (and that is related to speed, cornering and suiting their driving style). Then you will always have people to post "hey, what is the best body, tire, insert, chassis set-up, gear ratio, etc. to use ?" My answer to them is very simple..... go spend your money and your time to try different things to see what works best for you, just like the rest of us do.
thats "ironic" your post came after the "insert" question.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 12:43 AM
  #13007  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
thats "ironic" your post came after the "insert" question.
Only because I was too lazy to say it after the "what's the best body for GT-1" questions last month. Trust me, I have been wanting to say it for a long time. Just finally did. Maybe I should post a price list for answers ? Don't worry, wrong answers will be discounted 50%.
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 02:31 PM
  #13008  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Only because I was too lazy to say it after the "what's the best body for GT-1" questions last month. Trust me, I have been wanting to say it for a long time. Just finally did. Maybe I should post a price list for answers ? Don't worry, wrong answers will be discounted 50%.
im on a "racing budget"..... so i dont use any inserts!
Hebiki is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 05:59 PM
  #13009  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
414MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 989
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
im on a "racing budget"..... so i dont use any inserts!
THAT, explains allot Chris........
414MPH is offline  
Old 03-21-2010, 07:21 PM
  #13010  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
SirSwiftAlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SOCAL the fastest mini cooper guys in the nation
Posts: 862
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I would just like to point out the finish of the Mini A mains when you have the 12,500 rule vs. 15,000. Mike and I crossed the finish line in under a second of each other. If the rules were set at 15,000 I am 100% sure that the finish would not have been that close. The new rule that obviously has not been followed by other regional events so far has really brought the racing closer to a driver and setup battle. Ray K is a great driver and not to take anything away from that but the truth of the matter is that when you can provide a rule that allows everyone to be competitive then thats when the real fun begins. I would also like to add that this year the only thing I have done is purchase a new lipo and body and if I choose to get an M05 most likely alot of my parts from my M03 will be going into that car. A set of tires for a mini will last 5 times longer then that of a GT1 or GT2 car not to mention replacing bearings as they wear out more quickly and new Speed controllers and Motors
to stay fast. Just my 5 cents and no I dont need change.
SirSwiftAlot is offline  
Old 03-22-2010, 04:18 AM
  #13011  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
rccardr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Secret Underground Laboratory
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

The new rule that obviously has not been followed by other regional events so far has really brought the racing closer to a driver and setup battle.
Glad that it works for you guys, but was there anyone in the A who would otherwise not have been there? I thought not.

Which might lead one to the conclusion that the entrants who participate in events other than Aliso might not agree with you. Everyone I talked to after Omaha & at the Frederick event felt that the racing was fun, fair and competitive. Didn't hear about anyone at those events who would have been at the front but for a crappy motor, and I can tell you that the silver can winners at Frederick were nowhere near the 15K limit.

Only one other regional event (SF) intends to use the 12.5K RPM rule. From that, perhaps we can extrapolate how racing communities around the country see such a rule impacting the quality of their event.

Last edited by rccardr; 03-22-2010 at 09:48 AM.
rccardr is offline  
Old 03-22-2010, 12:43 PM
  #13012  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Just looking for a little bit of help -

1. A good TA05 IFS setup for the Tamiya Track.

2. What is a good GT2 class body to use (something neutral preferred)?

3. What gearing should I use for my 17.5 brushless motor and Tekin ESC?

4. What tire inserts should I use in my Tamiya B3's in the GT2 class?

5. Any other suggestions you think can make my TA05 IFS faster in GT2 - so I can save money experimenting and beat you the next time I race would would be greatly appreciated.
Tsquare is offline  
Old 03-22-2010, 04:27 PM
  #13013  
Tech Master
iTrader: (65)
 
billjacobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,415
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default a little bit of help

Can I borrow someone's mini which is already set up. I need the correct tires, inserts, a good red dot silver can and a new lipo battery. I already have a radio, so can you remove your receiver from the car before I get it?

Now that's cost controlled racing!!
billjacobs is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 11:07 AM
  #13014  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tsquare
Just looking for a little bit of help -

1. A good TA05 IFS setup for the Tamiya Track.

2. What is a good GT2 class body to use (something neutral preferred)?

3. What gearing should I use for my 17.5 brushless motor and Tekin ESC?

4. What tire inserts should I use in my Tamiya B3's in the GT2 class?

5. Any other suggestions you think can make my TA05 IFS faster in GT2 - so I can save money experimenting and beat you the next time I race would would be greatly appreciated.
You forgot to ask for the Tekin profile and what is the "fastest color" to paint the new body that will be recommended. Would you like all that gift wrapped to go or in a plain brown bag ?
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 11:48 AM
  #13015  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

some people just dont 'get it'

OSherman is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 12:01 PM
  #13016  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OSherman
some people just dont 'get it'

where u at man? havent seen you on BC2.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 12:34 PM
  #13017  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
im on a "racing budget"..... so i dont use any inserts!
With your new kid, not only are you too poor to afford inserts, I bet one morning around 4:00 AM, you will be so tired you will be filling the babies bottle with water and water dipping Mabuchi motors in baby formula.
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 12:36 PM
  #13018  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Richwhat??
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Wow I didn't realize asking a question about bodies or whatever the case is was frowned apon around here.

Thats definetly not a good attitude.

When someone asks me what I'm running, I tell them. But thats just me I guess. I'd rather beat a guy staright up then lie to him or not answer his questions.

I recall giving advice to a guy at the Nats in August and letting another racer(these guys were in my class by the way) take my car and look it over. Answered his questions as to why I was running my set-up the way I was ect. Both said thanks and it helped them out.

I guess I should put a blanket over my car and keep my mouth shut next time. I didn't realize we were racing for the greatest in the world title, I thought we were racing toy cars.
JoeGlover is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 12:54 PM
  #13019  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,908
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
You forgot to ask for the Tekin profile and what is the "fastest color" to paint the new body that will be recommended. Would you like all that gift wrapped to go or in a plain brown bag ?

Nah, don't wrap it, I'll eat it here.

You know if you give up that kinda info, this guy could pass by everyone and he wouldn't have had to do all the R & D.

Or we'd have introduced a new guy to the hobby by lettin him get close without all the extra expense.

Then again, me and Marty were dicin pretty good during practice before the Ultimate F1 race last year and he thought my saucin idea was workin a little better than his that day so I shared that tip.
He then proceeded to kick my ass for the rest of that day AND the next day during the qualifiers and mains!
He thanked me tho.

Hey Marty, I have new parts ready to be returned to you when you come out next.
Guess it won't be in March or will it? Saturday the 27th is still March.
Thanks again for the support!
'cuda
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 03-23-2010, 01:40 PM
  #13020  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,202
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
Wow I didn't realize asking a question about bodies or whatever the case is was frowned apon around here.

Thats definetly not a good attitude.

When someone asks me what I'm running, I tell them. But thats just me I guess. I'd rather beat a guy staright up then lie to him or not answer his questions.

I recall giving advice to a guy at the Nats in August and letting another racer(these guys were in my class by the way) take my car and look it over. Answered his questions as to why I was running my set-up the way I was ect. Both said thanks and it helped them out.

I guess I should put a blanket over my car and keep my mouth shut next time. I didn't realize we were racing for the greatest in the world title, I thought we were racing toy cars.
It's Tamiya racing.

You need to cover your car with a Tamiya towel, though.

Really, a little basic info is too much to ask?
robk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.