Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah, GT1/2 not so well attended. Full heat of GT3. Mini was the biggest class, followed by the Senior Spec guys. I think a little over 100 entries total.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
I have a video of the A-Main Mini race. All I can say is that Trackside's Mini race is going to turn the TCS Mini racing scene upside down.

There is a fellow here in Maryland that has been working on something very special. The locals racers have seen it in action as it goes whizzing by.

Send PM and paypal funds to get access to video footage and other detailed information.
I'd have to 2nd that.

WoW!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
I'd have to 2nd that.

WoW!!!
5 weeks till the next race and the smack is already starting
A lot of big league mini guys in Milwaukee, whatever it is, it better be loaded for bear
Old 03-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Hey youse, wanted to throw in.
Fred, thanks again for the great show, all considered. I promise not to ask for any crazy computer changes again next time. Thanks also to all the gang in tech for letting me slip all those shady mods through...
Kevin CBR, can't remember if I thanked you enough for the loan of the Orion 3400 for GT3. Thanks to you I was able to eliminate another variable. Now if I could get some driving lessons...
Serpent Gordo, warmest congrats. Nothing like getting spanked by friends. Now if I could get you to come out and run more in the next two months so I could figure out what I did wrong!
SirSwift, Mike, Granpa and all the Mini Yakuza, can I come play in May? As usual your class was the closest and most fun to watch.
Heibiki, you and Kevin and Oliver and Dave B. and Orlando and Charlie have me convinced I should stay away from GT2 awhile, only because all the money in the world I could throw at my GT2 wouldn't mean I could keep up.
RedBullFIXX, thanks for pitting near me to keep me sane.
Mark H, thanks again for the Thunder Boat Grease Slapper. I think it helped having a tri-color car after dark, so I could see it. So could everyone else who hit me too, but that's another story.
And I'm building a GT1 for May, so I can get my ass waxed REALLY FAST.
Can't wait!

Hey Slick

The snake and I will be back soon to work out what went wrong with the scuderias team car once we have the car back form marenello. The tifosi needed it back but were working on a car as we speak. Thanks again for the help and no worries will make it a 1-2 on the grid for the next race.....
Old 03-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
There were more for GT1, another contender had to go home, and a couple others just decided not to run the main (cars too out to lunch).

GT2/3 Were blowouts. Austin also ran GT2, TQ'd and ran away with it, and Mr. Red Dot himself, Doc TQ'd and ran away with GT3
I don't know Gee... Doc did have a pretty good lead, but from my perspective GT-3 was a close race. Please forgive me. This was my first TCS podium finish. I'm still feeling a little giddy.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-main-gt-3.jpg  
Old 03-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Geppetto
I don't know Gee... Doc did have a pretty good lead, but from my perspective GT-3 was a close race. Please forgive me. This was my first TCS podium finish. I'm still feeling a little giddy.
Hey Larry, way to go. It was tight racing there at the end I had to drive tight to fight you off. Are you going to Wisconsin?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geppetto

Your right, that was closer than I thought (6 sec is good bit for silvercans though), I just looked on the track and didnt see anyone near doc so I thought he was walking away with it. Good Job! Your F1 looked great as well
Old 03-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL
Hey Larry, way to go. It was tight racing there at the end I had to drive tight to fight you off. Are you going to Wisconsin?
Thanks Todd. No. I don't do the out of state thing.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Your right, that was closer than I thought (6 sec is good bit for silvercans though), I just looked on the track and didnt see anyone near doc so I thought he was walking away with it. Good Job! Your F1 looked great as well
Hey Mike, Doc was probably way out in front. I shamelessly used your comment as an opportunity post the results, and bask in the glow.

BTW, I owe some of my success to you. You, Ray and Doc provided valuable setup help. My car felt so easy to drive I could hardly believe it!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Thanx for the e-mails. Let's just say it was serious, scary as hell, and put me in the hospital for 6 days. However, it shouldn't keep me from returning to racing our little "toy" cars.

So again Thank You for the concern and hope to see yall soon.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking " Grandpa" ( when you call him everybody know who it is!)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Thanx for the e-mails. Let's just say it was serious, scary as hell, and put me in the hospital for 6 days. However, it shouldn't keep me from returning to racing our little "toy" cars.

I was worried there for a minute, I hope your doing better, looking forward to seeing you on the weekend! Yes, hospitals can be a scary thing. You know full of sick people and all. I know I was one once for about a week also. So, take your time and come back when your ready. We will be glad to see your smiling face at the track! Weather should be nice this weekend!
Max
Old 03-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa

Hey Bob - hope all is going better now. Take your time and we will see you back when you are ready. Looking forward to goofing off with the Mini's with you soon.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I spoke to Grandpa this morning he said he is doing well and is getting rest. He did bitch about how the nurse would not give his 540J a sponge bath and that the doctor limited him to only 4 hours of Dyno Testing and Body Painting a day in the hospital

Hope you get better soon and can't wait to see you at the track , if there is anything we can do to help out let me know.

Best Wishes
Rob & Brandon
Old 03-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'm curious what 26mm rims are still available for the Spec class. All I have found so far are the Tamiya 51263 FXX 4mm offset rims. Do they still make/sell other 26mm rims? If so, what are the part numbers? I had a few sets laying around, but need a few more to set my daughter up for Memphis.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:05 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Here are two Tamiya 26mm wheels and Tower has these, but one is on order. One in pairs and one in a set of four.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.