Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree826Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Last Sunday was my very first RC car and TCS race ever, and I have to say that I had an amazing time. I just want to thank Fred and everyone at Tamiya for putting on a great race keep up the good work guys.

I also would like to thank some of the Saturday regulars that have helped me along the way. These guys are true RC car hobbyists they saw a new guy at the track and tried to help out with everything from equipment to set-up and all. Thanks to all of you Max Valles, Tony Tam, Oliver Clipper, Chris Lim, Brandon Koslosky, Kevin Niino, Jung Yu, Don and Lee Passehl and many more that Iím sure that Iím forgetting.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default Where's my soapbox?

Hey youse, wanted to throw in.
Fred, thanks again for the great show, all considered. I promise not to ask for any crazy computer changes again next time. Thanks also to all the gang in tech for letting me slip all those shady mods through...
Kevin CBR, can't remember if I thanked you enough for the loan of the Orion 3400 for GT3. Thanks to you I was able to eliminate another variable. Now if I could get some driving lessons...
Serpent Gordo, warmest congrats. Nothing like getting spanked by friends. Now if I could get you to come out and run more in the next two months so I could figure out what I did wrong!
SirSwift, Mike, Granpa and all the Mini Yakuza, can I come play in May? As usual your class was the closest and most fun to watch.
Heibiki, you and Kevin and Oliver and Dave B. and Orlando and Charlie have me convinced I should stay away from GT2 awhile, only because all the money in the world I could throw at my GT2 wouldn't mean I could keep up.
RedBullFIXX, thanks for pitting near me to keep me sane.
Mark H, thanks again for the Thunder Boat Grease Slapper. I think it helped having a tri-color car after dark, so I could see it. So could everyone else who hit me too, but that's another story.
And I'm building a GT1 for May, so I can get my ass waxed REALLY FAST.
Can't wait!
Old 03-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if anyone in here might have the body shell of these two cars that would like to sell for a reasonable price. If you do PM me thanks.

Last edited by tiko; 11-09-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey Slick
Thanks for the HD wing, it really transformed the Suby
Had fun pitting with you, and being back at a TCS after soo many years
Old 03-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey all, forgot to post this yesterday but Part 2 of my interview with Fred is now live on the site. I think that guys like F1Larry will really want to hear it as we discuss the current ESC Controversy in a pretty good depth. Check it out

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Podcasts/
Old 03-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Hey youse, wanted to throw in.
Fred, thanks again for the great show, all considered. I promise not to ask for any crazy computer changes again next time. Thanks also to all the gang in tech for letting me slip all those shady mods through...
Kevin CBR, can't remember if I thanked you enough for the loan of the Orion 3400 for GT3. Thanks to you I was able to eliminate another variable. Now if I could get some driving lessons...
Serpent Gordo, warmest congrats. Nothing like getting spanked by friends. Now if I could get you to come out and run more in the next two months so I could figure out what I did wrong!
SirSwift, Mike, Granpa and all the Mini Yakuza, can I come play in May? As usual your class was the closest and most fun to watch.
Heibiki, you and Kevin and Oliver and Dave B. and Orlando and Charlie have me convinced I should stay away from GT2 awhile, only because all the money in the world I could throw at my GT2 wouldn't mean I could keep up.
RedBullFIXX, thanks for pitting near me to keep me sane.
Mark H, thanks again for the Thunder Boat Grease Slapper. I think it helped having a tri-color car after dark, so I could see it. So could everyone else who hit me too, but that's another story.
And I'm building a GT1 for May, so I can get my ass waxed REALLY FAST.
Can't wait!
Hey Tom - battery rental is free. Driving lessons will cost you a lunch from Ken's liquor store across the street.

Tiko - unfortunately those two body sets and the word "reasonable" do not go in the same sentence. Both are well out of production and the Accord was really popular. Either body set would be probably $ 60.00 + if you can find them and unfortunately my PIAA Accord body is in my que to get painted up as soon as I finish restoring a carbon chassis TA03-R and build up the FF01 chassis I got the last parts needed to build.

Marty - If you still have the PIAA Nakajima Reynard F1 body set, please shoot me a PM on a price and I will cringe latter. I checked and I already have the PIAA Porsche built, found the PIAA Accord body and located the PIAA / Mpbol 1 NSX so might as well have quintuplets.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So whats the verdict for body choice in GT1? Which one seems to handle the best?

Any insight greatly appreciated
Old 03-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=Kevin CBR;7096792]Tiko - unfortunately those two body sets and the word "reasonable" do not go in the same sentence. Both are well out of production and the Accord was really popular. Either body set would be probably $ 60.00 + if you can find them and unfortunately my PIAA Accord body is in my que to get painted up as soon as I finish restoring a carbon chassis TA03-R and build up the FF01 chassis I got the last parts needed to build.

Kevin I know that both of these bodies are very old and hard to find but you never know. I did find that Toyota GT-One TS020 body that I was looking for at a very reasonable price $40. I have the PIAA Accord body but itís used. As for the Ford Mondeo that was my first R/C car so it got beat-up quite a bit so I had to toss it.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
So whats the verdict for body choice in GT1? Which one seems to handle the best?

Any insight greatly appreciated
The Real Question is which body can handel the power and speed of the new speedo's and a 13.5

i found out last weekend that the ORC Amemiya SGC-7 Body is very tail happy with the setup i ran with the NSX body.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default True touring car action?

Originally Posted by tiko
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if anyone in here might have the body shell of these two cars that would like to sell for a reasonable price. If you do PM me thanks.
Hmm, a Mondeo and an Accord, both former great Tamiya bodies for the old FF01. Now what are you up to, Sir RedBull?
Old 03-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Days-ed and confused

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Hmm, a Mondeo and an Accord, both former great Tamiya bodies for the old FF01. Now what are you up to, Sir RedBull?
Sorry, RB, just realized the post was from one of our new TA gang. TiKo, I'll keep an ear peeled. And Kevin, I have a used PIAA Reynard, maybe I should show you and we should talk.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonC
The Real Question is which body can handel the power and speed of the new speedo's and a 13.5

i found out last weekend that the ORC Amemiya SGC-7 Body is very tail happy with the setup i ran with the NSX body.
Are you able to put the racing wing set on that body? Might help if you can. I know the rule says the holes must line up.

Thats the one I was leaning toward.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:45 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

best of luck to rayk, king karl, and austinV this sunday!

R
Old 03-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default body

I have the Ford body and wheels that go with it. The only thing it is painted. It was done for concorse several years ago for the Memphis TCS race and was the winner in the Spec Class you can see body on past results for 2005 TCS standing up second on right will let body and wheels go for $50.00
RT
Old 03-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
Are you able to put the racing wing set on that body? Might help if you can. I know the rule says the holes must line up.

Thats the one I was leaning toward.
I used the carbon fiber low downforce wing because it was the only one I had a high downforce wing will help it alot I have a clople of set up changes that I think will help also as long as it does not rain next weekend I'll get to test them out

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.