Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default fun Sun day

Thanks Fred and the Tamiya crew for throwing another great race event. My 415MSX ran great all day thanks to Kevin Smith for the Icon batteries. Also good job on the Bandai body Roger. And good run to Kevin Cole for his outstanding performance. You've really improved throughout the years. Also great job to all the winners!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:45 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GTRtuned
Thanks Fred and the Tamiya crew for throwing another great race event. My 415MSX ran great all day thanks to Kevin Smith for the Icon batteries. Also good job on the Bandai body Roger. And good run to Kevin Cole for his outstanding performance. You've really improved throughout the years. Also great job to all the winners!
No problem Wally. Heres a pic Ron snapped yesterday of you and I in the chicane. Confucius says, "Best looking TCS bodies, are not always the best working bodies." (Insert gong sound)

Old 03-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

This weekend was one of the best tamiya regional TCS's i have been to yet.... It was alot of fun.. racing was good.. familiar faces, and the reuniting of team TAOB.. All in all it was a great event

Special thanks to:

The whole tamiya crew: without your patience we wouldn't have gotten through the day and the mains

Kevin Niino, Max Valles, Don/Lee Passehl, Dave bird, and anyone i have left out.. thank you for the prepped race surface none of this racing wouldn't have existed with out you guys.

Steve Villanueva sorry about the spelling if its wrong, thanks for the tech support, and batteries

Tom Kahl: Thank you for the body and for helping me with both f1's i am in great debt to you.. you have helped me so much and i am forever thankful for that.

Marcos: Thank you for letting me borrow your car without it I was unable to run the class and maybe wouldn't at all have raced the f103 just wasn't working.

And last but not least everyone that made the TCS the series that it is, many people run the series for that chance to get to Japan and win there(no doubt that's some of the reason that I do it) but the biggest reason for me that i do it, is that it is a very well ran race. The tamiya crew will stick it out and everyone lends a helping hand no matter how much they know each other, that is why i think this series is also such a big success, because it is a big family atomsphere, win or lose everyone leaves happy it is a unique experience and I hope for many more to come in the near future.

P.S Congrats to all the winner and your amazing eyesight to be able to see at 6-7pm it was super dark last

Last edited by Serpent_Gordo; 03-03-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

WOW what a crazy weekend - Rain, RPM limits (awesome), computer problems , Night racing , it was a TCS event for the record books. Mike good job you ran good even though I stuck a nice pass on you in the second lap to take the lead but the darkness prevailed. The finish between mike and I was less then 8 tenths of a second now thats great racing. No real motor rpm issues this weekend for the exception of one guy in mini but he can't drive anyways so it didnt really matter - just kidding with you. I beleive the top 6 in mini qualified with in about 8 seconds of each other. The track was great and very clean from the rain my car was da da da dialed in the main. Funny to see GT1 & 2 (cant tell the diff in speed) running at night with two stand up hallogens and 4 vehicles providing light. Charlie Barnes had a finish that I beleive was within a hundreth of a second both cars were door to door past the finish. Good job Charlie nice to see you again. Thanks to all the Tamiya Guys for putting on another memorable experience at Tamiya. BTW is there a chance we can start just a tad earlier in May One more shout out to Grandpa your the best, John Christiansen thanks for the help with the tires for Chris Lims Mini, Rob D for nothin really, Lee and Don Passel for running mini and having a good time doing it, and last but not least all the girls at Olympic Gardens in Las Vegas, NV for all of their support and putting up with the "hard" times during the TCS season.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
WOW what a crazy weekend - Rain, RPM limits (awesome), computer problems , Night racing , it was a TCS event for the record books. Mike good job you ran good even though I stuck a nice pass on you in the second lap to take the lead but the darkness prevailed. The finish between mike and I was less then 8 tenths of a second now thats great racing. No real motor rpm issues this weekend for the exception of one guy in mini but he can't drive anyways so it didnt really matter - just kidding with you. I beleive the top 6 in mini qualified with in about 8 seconds of each other. The track was great and very clean from the rain my car was da da da dialed in the main. Funny to see GT1 & 2 (cant tell the diff in speed) running at night with two stand up hallogens and 4 vehicles providing light. Charlie Barnes had a finish that I beleive was within a hundreth of a second both cars were door to door past the finish. Good job Charlie nice to see you again. Thanks to all the Tamiya Guys for putting on another memorable experience at Tamiya. BTW is there a chance we can start just a tad earlier in May One more shout out to Grandpa your the best, John Christiansen thanks for the help with the tires for Chris Lims Mini, Rob D for nothin really, Lee and Don Passel for running mini and having a good time doing it, and last but not least all the girls at Olympic Gardens in Las Vegas, NV for all of their support and putting up with the "hard" times during the TCS season.
Oh no you didn't just said the girls in OG at LV.... Many many years ago....I can not either deny or confirm that I had my bachelor party there... Good times...good times

Steve
Old 03-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can i run F1 at the Coliseum tcs race. Not sure who i should talk to about it.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
Fred Medel at Tamiya could answer that definitively, but this may help ?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/rules.php#gen

2010 Rules Driver Eligibility
All radio control car-racing hobbyists are welcome to join the series. Whether you're new to the sport or a seasoned racing hobbyist we invite you to participate in the Tamiya Championship Series. Fun and fair competitive racing is our top priority. We have a class for everyone depending on your budget and your need for competitive racing. Look at the classes below to see which class best suites you.

Note: Full factory sponsored and professional drivers should read below, as they are not eligible to participate in the TCS series.

"Factory Team" drivers (drivers who are, or have ever been, employed or supported by a factory, manufacture or distributor as part of a factory racing team) are not allowed to compete for prizes or awards. This includes drivers that received sponsorship entailing a monthly salary from a factory and received paid airfare/accommodations to racing events. The host site will determine if sponsored or semi sponsored drivers will take away the spirit of the event being for the average hobbyist. If the host site deems it necessary, they may also bar these types of drivers from participating. It is further at the discretion of the host site to determine which racers fall under these criteria. Tamiya America cannot possibly know every individuals claims of being a sponsored or factory driver and therefore needs the judgment and discretion of the host site to weed out the factory sponsored driver that does not meet the average hobbyist criteria.

Host sites must be careful not to confuse racers who get a deal from their friends that are employed or work for "motors R us" or a fly by night battery matcher as being sponsored. There will always be racers who will try and get a deal of some kind. Tamiya America strives for balanced conditions wherever possible.

The hardcore factory sponsored driver may not participate. An example of a racer that Tamiya America would not allow to compete would be the Ryan Lutz's and David Jun's of the RC industry. These types of drivers are clearly supported by a factory and would not be eligible to compete as Tamiya America supports their racing careers in all of the above mentioned points.

Racers that have won the "GRAND" prize (a.k.a. TCS National title) ARE eligible to participate in regular season TCS races. They are also eligible to win the first place trophy, however they are not eligible to win prizes that are associated with first place. In turn, we ask past champions to donate their first place prize to any participant or spectator of their choice.

All former TCS national title winners that won the trip to Japan are eligible to participate at the TCS North American Finals under the "Past Champions" grudge match class and any special classes. National title winners that did not win a trip to Japan are eligible to compete again at the Nationals in a trip winning class.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Swift.
That was Charlie and I duking it out in the GT2 B-Main
It was a helluva race, and I may have benefited from some traffic, and a slight edge on acceleration, but never the less, that was a nice way to come back to TCS racing.

B is a true competitor and a class act, we were both pretty stoked on the battle !
Old 03-03-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
Jeff, send an email to Casey Castleman aka mojoman, he the race director at the C and he is running the TCS race this weekend as well....
Old 03-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

So when are they going to do the Raffle? How about making the May race a two day event. Sat Practice and one run of quals. Sunday two more quals and single A mains. Come on Fred it will be fun
Old 03-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I think one day event is more practical. Many may not be able to make a two day event. If lunchtime can be shorter, the program can end when there are still daylight.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
So when are they going to do the Raffle? How about making the May race a two day event. Sat Practice and one run of quals. Sunday two more quals and single A mains. Come on Fred it will be fun
that was kinda the plan last weekend. but the Rain changed that..
it was supposed to be qualifing on Saterday and the mains on sunday.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
TCS Regional announcements for Aliso Viejo event:

1. There will be no practice on Friday. The only thing going on Friday will be set up and clean up.

2. Saturday there will be controlled practice by class. We will have a posted timeline on the drivers stand.

3. Two rounds of qualifying followed by single mains on Sunday.

4. Everyone must have fun and make new friends.

5. Brandon: Bring cash. We have a few left over Orion 3400's for sale. NIB

FM
JasonC, it looks like you didn't get the memo, or read the TCS schedule. Was allways planned to be a one day, Sunday race.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
I think one day event is more practical. Many may not be able to make a two day event. If lunchtime can be shorter, the program can end when there are still daylight.
Plus, May is during Daylight saving time so we "spring forward" which means it will be light out much later.

I like two day events with triple A mains but agree there are people who work Saturdays that could not make the event (like my brother who missed all of 2009 racing and had a blast making this event) plus that is two days of personal time / comp time for Tamiya staff. I would rather see the credits for those hours go towards the Nationals in August.

If we run at Aliso next February, I am going to for sure install LED lights. I had them with me and joked about using them. My fault for not installing them on my GT-1 and GT-2 cars. Plus, and most importantly, it's just a Regional where we are supposed to have fun. Nationals is when it all gets serious.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Plus, May is during Daylight saving time so we "spring forward" which means it will be light out much later.
With Daylight Savings and a bit of a tip to the earths axis, a quick internet search reveals:

Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
May 16th, 2010
Sunset: 7:47pm

I'm thinking with a staggered lunch break, and no intermission, three qualifiers could be possible...... lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.