Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I tried to stay as long as I could but had to leave since I live far. It was a fun race and met a lot of nice people. I was there on saturday at 8:30 waiting for the gate top open with Kevin, Chuck and Danny. I sat next to Cuda on the pit, he tried to talk me into staying while waiting for the computer glitch on sunday...but my drive home is too far. I love racing minis...all the guys are nice and helpfull. I can't wait for the next race. Many thanks to Fred and the tamiya crew for putting a great race!

Danny R
Old 03-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fx35rc
I tried to stay as long as I could but had to leave since I live far. It was a fun race and met a lot of nice people. I was there on saturday at 8:30 waiting for the gate top open with Kevin, Chuck and Danny. I sat next to Cuda on the pit, he tried to talk me into staying while waiting for the computer glitch on sunday...but my drive home is too far. I love racing minis...all the guys are nice and helpfull. I can't wait for the next race. Many thanks to Fred and the tamiya crew for putting a great race!

Danny R
That's you?
Nice to meet you and hang out Danny.

Shoulda stayed, racing in the dark was fun.

Come out and hang out on Saturdays, the gang here is very cool.

Fred said stay tuned for info on the raffle prizes.

He's gonna draw names, post the winners online and mail the prizes!

How friggin cool is that.

Fred, you're alright!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Cuda,

I'll be there on saturdays..as long as I don't have to work. I was out of rc for a long time and now I'm back. You guys made the hobby fun. I think Tamiya owes you guys...since I'll be buying more tamiya parts...hahaha!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey Cuda,

I'll be there on saturdays..as long as I don't have to work. I was out of rc for a long time and now I'm back. You guys made the hobby fun. I think Tamiya owes you guys...since I'll be buying more tamiya parts...hahaha!
You pitted next to Cuda all day? Aw man, I feel your pain...that's not how you're suppose to be introduced to TCS racing... (Cuda I'm j/k, don't hammer me next time on the off-road track )

Good times yesterday, and thanks to Fred and the Tamiya crew for seeing the program through all the way to the end.

GT-3 racing was fun...and I finally figured out how to get some speed out of these things

See you all in May!

Steve
Old 03-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by teamstrc
You pitted next to Cuda all day? Aw man, I feel your pain...that's not how you're suppose to be introduced to TCS racing... (Cuda I'm j/k, don't hammer me next time on the off-road track )

Good times yesterday, and thanks to Fred and the Tamiya crew for seeing the program through all the way to the end.

GT-3 racing was fun...and I finally figured out how to get some speed out of these things

See you all in May!

Steve
hahaha..hey steve, we met a long time ago. I'm Carl Feltro's friend. You helped with my mini through tech last may. Remember me?..before last may's TCS I was at ocrc and you also help me set my mini. I was there with Tavis, Carl and Paul Dabao.

Danny
Old 03-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

hahaha..hey steve, we met a long time ago. I'm Carl Feltro's friend. You helped with my mini through tech last may. Remember me?..before last may's TCS I was at ocrc and you also help me set my mini. I was there with Tavis, Carl and Paul Dabao.

Danny
Ah Yes, I thought that was you (wasn't sure) and I saw you were still running the "Lakers" paint scheme on your Mini right? I'm a little rusty at recognizing some faces as I'm a bit of a stranger now through the gates of the Tamiya track (haven't had the opportunity to go since Nats last year)....you know you are considered a stranger when someone straight out told you move on the driverstand cuz you're in "their spot" (that was hilarious )

good seeing you again Danny...hopefully I'll make it out there a few more Saturdays before May

Steve
Old 03-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Ah Yes, I thought that was you (wasn't sure) and I saw you were still running the "Lakers" paint scheme on your Mini right? I'm a little rusty at recognizing some faces as I'm a bit of a stranger now through the gates of the Tamiya track (haven't had the opportunity to go since Nats last year)....you know you are considered a stranger when someone straight out told you move on the driverstand cuz you're in "their spot" (that was hilarious )

good seeing you again Danny...hopefully I'll make it out there a few more Saturdays before May

Steve
Yeap I still have the same body since last year. I have problem remembering names myself. Too bad my driving skill doesn't reflect the Lakers championsip skill..hahaha. I just picked up a Blitz..I'm gonna start buying your strc parts. I'll probably go see Jeff this week sometimes. Someone told you to move?..how rude..LOL

See you around Steve
Old 03-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default TCS

Thanks Fred, for staying with it through the glitches. Fun to watch the races after the sun set.

Last edited by 240Z; 03-01-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: posted in the wrong thread ;(
Old 03-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Kudo's to all the competitiors for running very clean in both races.
your eye sight is REALLY BAD..... the GT2 race was HORRIBLE. someone spun out Oliver in front of me..and i had no where to go.. so i slammed him pretty bad. then someone else hit Orlando (i know it was him cus of the glowing orange paint scheme) so hard i think he jumped over my car.

then coming out of esses someone spun me out so hard (i wont mention any names)..... i was pointed back in the right direction again. this was all ON THE FIRST LAP!

ooo gotta go.. the wah-bulance is here to pick me up.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Thanks for a fun day Fred..

That was the funnest race I have ever participated in the dark. What a challenge and trying to race from Memory.
Racing cars at night with headlights is awsome. We had a few RCGT races last summer around here that were run at night under low light conditions and with the head lights on the cars you would be shocked how much you see on the track. Not to metion how cool the cars look flying around the track. Maybe something fun to add to the another race or just do at your local race its a blast.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

First of all thanks to fred, george, gary, rodger & lauren for putting on another great event. You hung in there despite the computer gliches which are rare for this event.
It was great to see old faces....Dave Berger, the Hickmans, Danny Oliveres. Good times.
Thanks to Tom "i'm on slicks with no grip" Kahl and Marcos for their help this weekend and to all the guys we raced with in F-1 rubber. We had a lot of fun and hopefully we can be back for the next race. Congrats to all the winners in all the classes.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
your eye sight is REALLY BAD..... the GT2 race was HORRIBLE. someone spun out Oliver in front of me..and i had no where to go.. so i slammed him pretty bad. then someone else hit Orlando (i know it was him cus of the glowing orange paint scheme) so hard i think he jumped over my car.

then coming out of esses someone spun me out so hard (i wont mention any names)..... i was pointed back in the right direction again. this was all ON THE FIRST LAP!

ooo gotta go.. the wah-bulance is here to pick me up.
Yes Chris, that shows how bad my eyesight is. I was lucky to get cleanly to the 180 in first and was just trying to see my car that I missed all the "action" going on behind. From then it was point and pray driving and I was fortunate to recover from my one roll to get back up to third. I could not see my car at all from the exit of the sweeper until the 180, and then the back esses were pretty blind due to the glare from some car headlights. I knew I should have run the Corolla body with the LED lights.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Another one in the books...

Another fun event put on by Fred and the TAMIYA Crew.. Bravo!! Good turnout of peeps in the classes.. Good racing by all participants.

Cant wait for the next event..
Old 03-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by F1Jet
For next week's race at TCS at The Coliseum in Maryland the F104's guys want to run on foam as the rubber isn't working. But not with the F103 guys. Opinions on that?

Did anyone run F104 rubber in Omaha?
I ran my F104 on foams with the F103's. My setup was for med/high grip and the low grip conditions in Omaha had me down on pace. I'll be ready for trackside .

Jimmy
Old 03-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Default TCS #150

Fred, Any chance we can get the results posted soon?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.