Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrod
Hey there guys, I usually don't get envolved with posting my opinions but I wanted to say that when everyone here talks about the cost of racing and that certain speed controls should be banned because of the price of them I kind of find that a little rediculous. I hear things like speed control of the month and other catch phrases and I have to ask myself what are they really talking about. When the debate between the novak gtb and lrp speed control was out everyone said you have to get the lrp because it is faster, so people went out and bought it for the advantage, the same goes for the lrp spx. Since it was faster then the tekin at that time people went out and bought it for 200.00. I personally went with the tekin which was 165.00. The great thing about the tekin was that the software updates are free, and guess what? I still have the same 165.00 speed control I bought last year. If you really want to talk about the cost of racing why don't we limit the amount of tires you can run at an event. I don't seem to be hearing guys complaining about the cost of running one run tires to keep the advantage.

Just my 2 cents worth.
So in essence, you're saying the folks who looked past instant gratification, for a more forward up-datable design, aren't the ones crying now
Old 02-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yes I guess I am saying that. I have been around tcs racing for quite a while and I have seen people spend tons of money on things like one run tires, and expensive hop ups, and new cars every year and now I see all of this complaining about a speed control. Now I am not saying that the speeds are getting faster because they definately are. However if Gt1 wasn't watered down like it has been getting every year, we probably wouldn't have these issuse.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tires are and always will be an issue.. Brought up in the past and dealt with.. There was a time in GT2 where you could get 4-5 runs from tires.. Today actually (speaking for my self) I am using tires from last seasone to practice with.. No big deal there.. I buy tire once a YEAR.. and they last me the entire year..

GTB vs LRP back in the day was about one had better brakes than the other.. Not a substantial speed/turbo advantage.. SPX, definitely a speed advantage, but not quite as big a jump as today.. Poeple spoke up about it at the time, this I know for sure.. Maybe not as loud, but it was talked about..

I don't think anyone here is really knocking the advancement in the speedos.. I for one think it's great.. But there is a time and place for everything.. GT2 is a unique class.. The debate originally started to save a certain class, not dispute the technology..
Old 02-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs

one other thing to ponder is at nationals you have a spec battery so that also plays into it.A regionals you can run any roar approved lipo and as far as speed controls go if your car is set up right you will be just find.If the rpm limit fred sets for regional races is posted why do not other regional races stick to them?yes it is great to not have any rpm limit but also it makes people want to spend money for a tuned 540 or work on there one that they have and if that does not work for the person then they go out and buy more motors.just my thoughts flame me if you want.rember we are racing toy cars for bowling trophies.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! I bought a Tekin RS, the Hotwire adapter, and loaded the v203 software......BUT I'M STILL GETTING OUT-DRIVEN!!! I thought the Tekin GUARANTEED you a win???

Having fun here in Omaha! The race is going smooth, and there hasn't been any cheese and WHINE that I can find.

Please step away from the keyboard and grab a radio. That is the best therapy I can recommend for ESC and silvercan envy.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

doty... post some results from omaha when u get a chance.

for the Tekin RS.. go to "advanced" settings.. push up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B.. then start.

you'll win no matter what!

brandon is my mini and 12,499 silver can ready for next week?
Old 02-21-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Qualifying results are on LiveRC and I have them on our website.

Tim Ski
Old 02-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 2010 TCS Rules...

For those of you who are planning to run your F-104 at this years USA TCS events just a "heads-up".

You MUST, i repeat, MUST run the electrical equipment mounting "trays" installed on the posts as per the assembly instructions. I received this information and confirmed directly with Fred Friday.

I only bring this up because I don't want anyone to be turned away from a TCS race because they do not have all the parts installed on their chassis that are now required to be deamed legal to race. The trays also dictate what batteries will fit as no lightening or material removal is allowed.

ALSO, have you read the silver can 540-J rules posted 2-17-10?

There are draconian RPM & Amp Draw limits for the 540-J's. read them @ http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln...PM%20rules.pdf

Last edited by 414MPH; 02-21-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki

for the Tekin RS.. go to "advanced" settings.. push up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B.. then start.

Gotcha Chris !! I need you to bring an exrtra receiver or remote with you. I will dial your motor and car in for you. Do you want to run the SMX Lowdown wood panel wagon I have or the Fiat Body that Lee was running. Do you have any of those Orion Green Lipo or 2400 batterys if not no big deal.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Gotcha Chris !! I need you to bring an exrtra receiver or remote with you. I will dial your motor and car in for you. Do you want to run the SMX Lowdown wood panel wagon I have or the Fiat Body that Lee was running. Do you have any of those Orion Green Lipo or 2400 batterys if not no big deal.
fiat please. i can have a GT2 car ready for you if you like
Old 02-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Final results are on LiveRC and up on our website.

Congrats to the winners:

Mini - Eric Wippler
GT1 - Kevin Kane
GT2 - Eric Wippler
GT3 - Jimmie Folsom
F1 - Rob King

Thanks to all who made the race, hope too see you all next year!!

Tim Ski
Old 02-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki

Looks like Tim already hooked you up with the link for race bits and results. I proved once again that carpet is NOT my friend when running mini!

I'd like to thank Tim and the crew at the Hobbyplex for a really smooth TCS event to kick off the 2010 season. Good racing, easy pace, triple A-mains, and we still ended at a reasonable hour on Sunday.

Now what else is there to do in Omaha????
Old 02-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

WOw.

Congrats to Eric "I'm Baaaaccck" Wippler (we love ya, dude- you are The Standard of Mini Excellence), Jimmie "I ride with Charlie but whup his butt" Folsom (two years in a ROW- you are Da Man!), Rob "Nobody beats me in F1" King, and the five guys who went to Omaha for GT1.

Next up: Frederick!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Congrats Eric! Just like you never left home! LOL

Originally Posted by HobbyPLEX
Final results are on LiveRC and up on our website.

Congrats to the winners:

Mini - Eric Wippler
GT1 - Kevin Kane
GT2 - Eric Wippler
GT3 - Jimmie Folsom
F1 - Rob King

Thanks to all who made the race, hope too see you all next year!!

Tim Ski
Old 02-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 414MPH
For those of you who are planning to run your F-104 at this years USA TCS events just a "heads-up".

You MUST, i repeat, MUST run the electrical equipment mounting "trays" installed on the posts as per the assembly instructions. I received this information and confirmed directly with Fred Friday.

I only bring this up because I don't want anyone to be turned away from a TCS race because they do not have all the parts installed on their chassis that are now required to be deamed legal to race. The trays also dictate what batteries will fit as no lightening or material removal is allowed.

ALSO, have you read the silver can 540-J rules posted 2-17-10?

There are draconian RPM & Amp Draw limits for the 540-J's. read them @ http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln...PM%20rules.pdf
Uhh.. thats why they are there marty.... you cant place electronics anywere else. and why did you have to remove them?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.