Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray k
"In a America we speak American" LOL
You're right this is the USA, speak spanish and vietnamese like everyone else.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
Uhmm.. Didn't we used to run Tamiya Black-Cans and StickPacks on GT2; before the Brushless/LiPo revolution? All the tweaked-brushed-motor tricks and Super-Cells was left to the GT1 guys with their 19t-silver brush-FUKUYAMA antics.. , if I remember rite.. Lol
Back in 2004 ? Try 27T brushed motors tweaked by tuners and the highest voltage matched Nimh packs available for GT-2 Regionals. Black cans and stick packs was Nationals only.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yeah.. i remember.. black-cans were wonderful at Nationals

even with the 27t brushed the spread wasn't near as broad as what we see today. don't understand why some people can't seem to see this..
I think what people are seeing is that GT-2 has been for some time a costly class with full hopped up tub cars and the latest equipment to get that "competitive edge". What I can't see is why people can spend $ 240.00 just before Nationals to get an SPX esc to gain an advantage and that is "racing" but then complain when someone else comes out with something better later and that it is suddenly "out of control".

Just as people keep complaining about "all the changes". Lets see, changes for GT-2 from '09 to '10. Can't run dish rims. Dang, that is a class killer. Can actually run more motors that are currently available. Seems good but I guess really bad because that means people will spend more money to get the latest fastet motor.

For as many calls out today for a "spec class" that is not for novice and "cost effective" (a very vague term actually) racing, talk to Fred about turning GT-3 into that type of spec class.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
For as many calls out today for a "spec class" that is not for novice and "cost effective" (a very vague term actually) racing, talk to Fred about turning GT-3 into that type of spec class.
Although changing GT3 into a "spec class" will just piss more people off.

I would consider making "spec" a totally box stock class, like Trackside has done with rally. Make the esc the Tamiya TEU one and put a "done" stamp on it.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Old 02-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Back in 2004 ? Try 27T brushed motors tweaked by tuners and the highest voltage matched Nimh packs available for GT-2 Regionals. Black cans and stick packs was Nationals only.
I think what people are seeing is that GT-2 has been for some time a costly class with full hopped up tub cars and the latest equipment to get that "competitive edge". What I can't see is why people can spend $ 240.00 just before Nationals to get an SPX esc to gain an advantage and that is "racing" but then complain when someone else comes out with something better later and that it is suddenly "out of control".

Just as people keep complaining about "all the changes". Lets see, changes for GT-2 from '09 to '10. Can't run dish rims. Dang, that is a class killer. Can actually run more motors that are currently available. Seems good but I guess really bad because that means people will spend more money to get the latest fastet motor.

yeah...uhmmmm.. im not complaining about hopped up tubs and all that yadda yadda yadda.. (i have been using the same blue aluminum shocks for the last 5 years on my plastic tub chassis(s), with plastic bulkheads and stock magnesium motor mounts).... its about an 'even playing field that is cost effective'... what GT2 is supposed to be.. there is nothing 'even' when it comes to pitting any of the new 'fancy speedos' against anything pre-SPX. hell, the SPX doesnt even compare.. yeah, i bought an SPX last year, not to get an advantage, but simply to try and keep up. only 3 months after buying the previous speedo (of which i bought too, just so i could stay competetive)... now 6 month later i gotta buy another ESC (plus black-box $$ and laptop$$. if you wanna get the full potential out of it) just to keep up again?? in a cost effective class?? yeah rite. why wait til Fianls to nip it in the butt (go to black-cans, or set a speedo spec) Nip it now.. will just help everyone in the end... and save a few bucks in the process...

but oh well, thats just wishful thinking i guess.

Last edited by OSherman; 02-12-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

yeah...uhmmmm.. im not complaining about hopped up tubs and all that yadda yadda yadda.. (i have been using the same blue aluminum shocks for the last 5 years on my plastic tub chassis(s), with plastic bulkheads and stock magnesium motor mounts).... its about an 'even playing field that is cost effective'... what GT2 is supposed to be.. there is nothing 'even' when it comes to pitting any of the new 'fancy speedos' against anything pre-SPX. hell, the SPX doesnt even compare.. yeah, i bought an SPX last year, not to get an advantage, but simply to try and keep up. only 3 months after buying the previous speedo (of which i bought too, just so i could stay competetive)... now 6 month later i gotta buy another ESC (plus black-box $$ and laptop$$. if you wanna get the full potential out of it) just to keep up again?? in a cost effective class?? yeah rite. why wait til Fianls to nip it in the butt (go to black-cans, or set a speedo spec) Nip it now.. will just help everyone in the end... and save a few bucks in the process...

but oh well, thats just wishful thinking i guess.
"its not cheating.. its part of the game. PATCH IT!"

- johnnyrocket

Old 02-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hebiki
"its not cheating.. its part of the game. PATCH IT!"

- johnnyrocket

CLASSIC
Old 02-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

A Tekin hopup option for non-Tekin RS users. . .
If I make it to Cali I will save my complimentary one for Orlando. . .
Old 02-13-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by A-Ko

Yummm!! Milk.. Bring me some Chocolate CHEERIOS to go with it? Thanks FRIEND!!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

They have Chocolate Cheerios?
Old 02-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

That aint milk, FRIEND!
Old 02-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I wanted to say thank you to the gracious people at the Aliso Viejo track this afternoon. I've brought my 6 yr old nephew twice to the track to prepare him for the upcomming spec race, and I've been nervous about having him on the track with other cars. I know it's fustrating to drive around a slow car randomly weaving through the track, but people allowed him some track time and spoke encouragingly to him.

Special thanks to Lee Passehl who both weeks spent time with him on the drivers stand and gently coached him.

He has been so excited each time we went; it would be easy to complain and discourage him, thank you for making it a very positive experience for him.

Jeff Smith
Old 02-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko

Runnin brushless are we?
Thought you were out to be king of the silver cans
Old 02-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceBucks
I wanted to say thank you to the gracious people at the Aliso Viejo track this afternoon. I've brought my 6 yr old nephew twice to the track to prepare him for the upcomming spec race, and I've been nervous about having him on the track with other cars. I know it's fustrating to drive around a slow car randomly weaving through the track, but people allowed him some track time and spoke encouragingly to him.

Special thanks to Lee Passehl who both weeks spent time with him on the drivers stand and gently coached him.

He has been so excited each time we went; it would be easy to complain and discourage him, thank you for making it a very positive experience for him.

Jeff Smith
Future TCS Champion

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.