Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-11-2010, 10:28 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Here's the address for the host entry form.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/host.php
Old 02-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tarheel
How do you get a TCS race at your track? Been trying for years.

Its easy just suck at announcing get fired from a local track work for a hobby shop and have your relatives win the raffle oh yeah be female. Oh by the way did I mention I wont be attending the NorCal Race as I have done for the last three years. That is ridiculous when people express concern regarding the poor organization and outlandish announcing and taking sides with racers from that area and were talking several different complaints from several different people but they decide to let the same people host the race thats BS.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Its easy just suck at announcing get fired from a local track work for a hobby shop and have your relatives win the raffle oh yeah be female. Oh by the way did I mention I wont be attending the NorCal Race as I have done for the last three years. That is ridiculous when people express concern regarding the poor organization and outlandish announcing and taking sides with racers from that area and were talking several different complaints from several different people but they decide to let the same people host the race thats BS.
Tell us how you really feel
Old 02-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by robk
Tell us how you really feel
If you haven't been to that race then I suggest you experience it for yourself. Thats all I am saying. I am not the only one who feels that way but I am probably the only one who will voice it.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you haven't been to that race then I suggest you experience it for yourself. Thats all I am saying. I am not the only one who feels that way but I am probably the only one who will voice it.
crying cause you didnt get your way at the race??... Just like im crying cause i think GT2 should be kept the way GT2 was supposed to be??

Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
crying cause you didnt get your way at the race??... Just like im crying cause i think GT2 should be kept the way GT2 was supposed to be??

"There's no crying in RC" - Tom Hanks (or was it "baseball" ? )
Old 02-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

No its not that. I mean I won 2 years in a row and had a lot of fun with the guys from Norcal but the person I am speaking of has no business running a race like that and I dont mind saying it. Especially when there are rules involved and half the people dont even get teched and if they do its a very light tech. Anytime the announcer says and I quote " come on guys thats the leader your not supposed to just let him by" or this one is my favorite " you never know maybe his motor will blow up" uncalled for thats what it is plain and simple.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

What was GT-2 supposed to be ?

Ever since I started racing TCS in 2004, I remember GT-2 as the class that was for tub chassis only. However, they were the fully hopped up every trick part on them with the latest set of highest number matched cells and the most tweaked brushed motor from some motor tuning company that were in the A main and it was a goal to move up from the C main to be "one of those guys" in the A Main.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tiko
Is that all I thought I was sick but I guess Iím nowhere close to what you have Kevin.
It's a disease. However, it initially may be more expensive than drugs or alcohol but you can sell them later. Well, at least legally.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
What was GT-2 supposed to be ?

Ever since I started racing TCS in 2004, I remember GT-2 as the class that was for tub chassis only. However, they were the fully hopped up every trick part on them with the latest set of highest number matched cells and the most tweaked brushed motor from some motor tuning company that were in the A main and it was a goal to move up from the C main to be "one of those guys" in the A Main.
Uhmm.. Didn't we used to run Tamiya Black-Cans and StickPacks on GT2; before the Brushless/LiPo revolution? All the tweaked-brushed-motor tricks and Super-Cells was left to the GT1 guys with their 19t-silver brush-FUKUYAMA antics.. , if I remember rite.. Lol

Last edited by OSherman; 02-11-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

BTW, to avoid confusion; NorCal is a track up here (host of the 2010 ROAR Nats), but I'm pretty sure you're referring to NorCal the region though.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Uhmm.. Didn't we used to run Tamiya Black-Cans and StickPacks on GT2; before the Brushless/LiPo revolution? All the tweaked-brushed-motor tricks and Super-Cells was left to the GT1 guys with their 19t-silver brush-FUKUYAMA antics.. , if I remember rite.. Lol
When I first started running GT2 the motors were 27-turn ROAR stock (EA-tuned, of course) and super zapped NiMH cells. If memory serves that was back in the 3300 days, and the 3800s were just around the corner. Unfortunately those wouldn't fit in my TA04 all that well, so I retired the 04 and started my 05 journey.

You may be thinking about the Nationals, where they dropped back to black cans in GT2.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
When I first started running GT2 the motors were 27-turn ROAR stock (EA-tuned, of course) and super zapped NiMH cells. If memory serves that was back in the 3300 days, and the 3800s were just around the corner. Unfortunately those wouldn't fit in my TA04 all that well, so I retired the 04 and started my 05 journey.

You may be thinking about the Nationals, where they dropped back to black cans in GT2.

black can = misery....at least for me it was

For some reason I was looking at my nice Hudy lathe today and my big box of brushes and motor springs (organized in 0.1 oz increments starting from 7.4 oz all the way up to 13.8 oz)...I might be missing the 'brush' days...

Oh hey look, there's my motor zapper... :

Steve
Old 02-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by minimadman2003

yeah.. i remember.. black-cans were wonderful at Nationals

even with the 27t brushed the spread wasn't near as broad as what we see today. don't understand why some people can't seem to see this..
Old 02-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default Stirring from slumber

Uhhh, sorry, been working a lot and didn't pay attention to RC Tech.
Yass, am running TCS at AV if'n God willin' and the crik don't rise, just actually got off my a** and signed up tonight for F1 rubber and GT3, the sedan class for real men.

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
Hey Tom you gonna do TCS in Feb?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.