Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
As it turns out, you can also plug the pit lamp into the USB port
As long as they have firmware/software upgradable feature, I care the less it is $300 for the lite and $900 for a $200 netbook...I am ALL IN for BLING.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Since when did GT-2 become the kill development, slow everybody down to a snails pace so we have "competitive racing", limit the budget class ? You want that, make it GT-3 and go slow with a silver can. Since I started TCS in 2004, the "usual suspects" in GT-2 A Mains usually had fully hopped-up TA04's, 05's or TB02, 03's. They ran the highest numbered match cell Nimh's and then the highest mah Lipo's available. They had top end esc's and servos. Top of the line battery charges, discharges and tire warmers were always seen.

Nobody whinned and cried when LRP came out with the SPX last year and yes, it was an advantage on the straight and yes people bought them to gain the edge at Nationals.

Why don't we just race this year, see how things work out during regionals, see what surprises Fred has for us for Nationals and quit trying to write the rules the way you want them to serve your purpose. Racing, in any series only forces you to run by their rules. It is your choice to race it or not.
Yes!!! +1000 The rules aren't up to us anyways, although i suppose if you complain loud and often enough

By what you said has happened in the past, now I'm REALLY confused what the "spirit" of GT2 is...
Old 02-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Timing rule for last year..

We werent even aloud to advance the timing on the ring of the motors for two reasons.. #1 It gave people an advantage. #2 The fact that people would go to the extremes of blowing motors up to find the limit (read unsafe)... These new speedos are no different.. only difference is that its designed to let you do so..

at practice last week those motors driven by the tricky speedos were reportedly coming off the track @ 230+ degrees ...

even witnessed a couple 'expired' 17.5 motors (without tricky speedos)... and all they were doing was just trying to 'keep up'.. but werent keeping up.

Last edited by OSherman; 02-04-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rugrat
It has been interesting reading about all the push back on the new generation of speed controls. We need to understand that this technology is here to stay...the cat is out of the bag and we are not going to get it back. No TCS track (or any other) is going to have every firmware update, adapter and tech knowledge to insure every brand of speed control is running an acceptable profile.

How about going to single cell lipo packs. These cells deliver less voltage which should equal less speed. With this solution you can do away with monitoring for the "profile of the week" which would make the tech process a lot better.

Also keep in mind, that single cells might also bring battery runtime back into the picture.

Just my 2 cents.
Your solution is just like the same as what you believe....why going BACK to the old techonogy or SPEED...? That is not the solution...if slowing them down is the solution, we should all racing RTR car instead of professional race RC car...Radio shack's car are slow enough and probably never break.

Less voltage is not the answer when you are racing a V203 powered single cell versus a GTB with single cell....all ppl will ended up buying the V203 to be competitive.

The problem is...there are no different between 13.5 and 17.5 class anymore (GT1 vs GT2). With no software restriction, GT2 car is AS FAST and probably FASTER then 13.5 simply because the size of the indoor track, 17.5 is almost the BEST speed/setup for this size of track when 13.5 using the latest software MIGHT BE too fast to handle...

I would say...GT2 should have NO LIMIT except using any ROAR 17.5. But GT1...should NOT be 13.5 anymore...the SUPER STOCK should be called MOD now (in year 2010)........look at snowbird. Super stock laps are the same as the PROFESSIONAL OPEN MOD LAPS (26 laps I believe) and winner are within 2 secs slower on 13.5....make the GT1 OPEN MOD, from 13.5 to 2.5 motors...open speedo, open anything....(of course, except the standard Tamiya spec). That way...it has a clear seperation between the GT1 and GT2....there are no change on GT3 cause GT2 is very much clear a different then the silver can motor with brushed speedo.

That way, ppl can keep screwing around the latest the greatest TURBO or SUPERCHARGER on their speedo and there are NO SPEC, policing around on any classes.

My 2 cents...
Old 02-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

So maybe with the light turnouts in GT1 it should be dropped?
Or GT2 is the new GT1.
And the new GT2 would be a True Spec class.
And GT3 is for beginners only?
hmm...
Old 02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

People want a compromise for this season with all of the esc stuff and the compromise is if you don't want to run 17.5 and have to buy a brand new esc, go run GT3. No reason to drop GT1, the classes just need to be adjusted next year. It was just bad timing that all of these programmable escs came out after the rules were made. A tough spot, and we can all wait to see how the year goes. Remember, we have not even run one race yet.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default GT1 and GT2

if you dont run the class.. or run it at BOTH regionals and nats. stop giving your 2 cents. no one wants it.

orlando: did your tekin arrive yet?

if you guys dont like the rules. START YOUR OWN SERIES and fund a trip to your home track.. see how attendance for that series is like.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Lord

Default GT2 A-main at Nats

The finishing order:

1. Lee Passehl - LRP SPX
2. Oliver Clipper - LRP SPX
3. Some Chris Lim guy? - Ko Propo BMC v1.5
4. Kevin Cole - more than likely SPX
5. Anthony Fung - SPX?
6. Henry Szeto - Tekin RS (more than likely v.200)
7. Alex Lau - SPX?
8. Tim Harrington - SPX?
9. Orlando Sherman - SPX
10. Sunny Lee - SPX?

hmmmmm 2/28 regionals.... the usuals will be there.. but this time it'll be all Tekin RS.

after reading it... i forgot to make a point. THE A-MAIN guys always adapt.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by AWK
People want a compromise for this season with all of the esc stuff and the compromise is if you don't want to run 17.5 and have to buy a brand new esc, go run GT3. No reason to drop GT1, the classes just need to be adjusted next year. It was just bad timing that all of these programmable escs came out after the rules were made. A tough spot, and we can all wait to see how the year goes. Remember, we have not even run one race yet.
+1
Old 02-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
+1
+2
Old 02-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The finishing order:

1. Lee Passehl - LRP SPX
5. Anthony Fung - SPX?
7. Alex Lau - SPX?
8. Tim Harrington - SPX?
9. Orlando Sherman - SPX
10. Sunny Lee - SPX?

hmmmmm 2/28 regionals.... the usuals will be there.. but this time it'll be all Tekin RS.

Minor adjustments..... Kevin and Anthony were running KO Propo BMC v1.5 and Henry had SPX.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

minor minor correction, I was running a HobbyWing speedo in the mains. Alex Lau was running TC spec I think. So last year ESC is pretty even.

I don't have Tekin so I am running F1 and maybe GT3 for Feb.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

if you dont run the class.. or run it at BOTH regionals and nats. stop giving your 2 cents. no one wants it.

orlando: did your tekin arrive yet?

if you guys dont like the rules. START YOUR OWN SERIES and fund a trip to your home track.. see how attendance for that series is like.
no $dinero$ for one.. can i borrow yours?
Old 02-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

The finishing order:

1. Lee Passehl - LRP SPX
5. Anthony Fung - SPX?
7. Alex Lau - SPX?
8. Tim Harrington - SPX?
9. Orlando Sherman - SPX
10. Sunny Lee - SPX?

the good ol days of GT2 i wouldnt have had to go out and buy a new speedo every year just to compete. Just plug-n-play. I did that when i was running GT1.. And thats why i stopped running GT1
Old 02-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The finishing order:

1. Lee Passehl - LRP SPX
5. Anthony Fung - SPX?
7. Alex Lau - SPX?
8. Tim Harrington - SPX?
9. Orlando Sherman - SPX
10. Sunny Lee - SPX?

nope, i wasn't running the Tekin RS... it was the Tekin RS PRO . How dare you left the "pro" out. anyway, i sold the tekin the day after tcs....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.