Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-31-2010, 01:09 AM
  #12526  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Morbo
What Esc are you using now? Or what did you use at he last TCS race you attended?

If I was using a GTB and was getting beat by TC specs or SPXs and felt that it wasn't "an even playing field," what would you have told me?
Its not entirely about what i have/don't have.. Its about the spirit of the class (GT2). I was in the GTB/TC-Spec/SPX hoopla era. This is nothing new. But this is a major jump affecting us racers in the GT2 class.
OSherman is offline  
Old 01-31-2010, 06:56 AM
  #12527  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 1,660
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

I sure hope all of the spec ESC discussions are for the 2011 TCS season, because many of us have already seen the light and made our purchase to attempt to be competitive THIS year.

I opted for the Tekin RS as well, after hearing some horror stories about oval racers gaining 0.5 seconds a lap by swapping ESCs. I was also considering the Mamba Max Pro (better price point), but they were even harder to find.

I agree this all costs money that many of us would rather not spend, but it's the nature of competition. If the general consensus for TCS racers this year is to have a spec BL ESC for GT2 in 2011, so be it. But please do not make any changes now that may impact what others have already purchased for 2010. That is, unless you are going to make the Tekin RS the spec ESC, LOL!
minimadman2003 is offline  
Old 01-31-2010, 09:45 AM
  #12528  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
414MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 989
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I think it may have been mentioned before, but there was a max software version spec for the RS at the recent Novak/Trackside race. Even with the spec in place, many racers found they had to purchase the RS just to keep up on the track.

Perhaps Fred could ponder a software version spec max for the new programmable speedos.

This speedo war is exactly why I predict the GT3 class will be the largest sedan class at this years TCS races.

As for myself, both F-1 classes are looking like the right home for me.

See ya at the races
414MPH is offline  
Old 01-31-2010, 10:33 PM
  #12529  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
I sure hope all of the spec ESC discussions are for the 2011 TCS season, because many of us have already seen the light and made our purchase to attempt to be competitive THIS year.


seen the light and done some research.
A-Ko is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 01:16 AM
  #12530  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (107)
 
lbckevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,731
Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)
Default

The crazy thing is the Tekin speedo is cheap. Its much cheaper than the LRP SPX that we ran last year. Software updates are free of charge...what more could you ask for ?
lbckevin is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 07:00 AM
  #12531  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs down

all i see is a bunch of sandbaggers who can throw money at a win in GT2.. but wont grow balls and try and throw the money at a win in GT1, where the real 'BigBallers' should be..
OSherman is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 09:08 AM
  #12532  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,291
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by over gear
so... is Tekin the spec esc now?
Spec speedo for A-main for sure....B-main within 3-4 weeks....other lower mains are open speedo.

I have the speedo solution....add extra laps for those who is NOT using Tekin RS....this way, I don't care you are running the prototype V205 with Twin-Turbo feature or the newest the greatest LRP that already proved is faster or as fast as 203...or Black Diamond just it is BLING...

I am just joking...I will use my GTB on GT2 and GT1 and hope there are only 5 ppl racing these 2 classes so I can get to the A without any qualifier...LOL
Solara is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 10:15 AM
  #12533  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OSherman
all i see is a bunch of sandbaggers who can throw money at a win in GT2.. but wont grow balls and try and throw the money at a win in GT1, where the real 'BigBallers' should be..
so i shouldn't mention 2004? (where you eventually beat out 3 future TCS champs?)

Code:
     ---- Multiple A Main Scores ----

pos t.pts e.pts      1st 2nd 3rd   laps/time     name
 1   200     0  .... 100 100   0 39/10:01.13   LING-KANG TONG     
 2   198    97  ....  98  97 100 58/15:26.10   ORLANDO SHERMAN    
 3   196    95  ....  97  95  99 57/15:18.22   CORY WHITEMAN      
 4   195    92  ....  92  99  96 50/13:34.15   STEVE WANG         
 5   194    95  ....  95  96  98 57/15:26.50   MARTY HAGEMAN      
 6   193    94  ....  96  94  97 57/15:30.27   EDGAR FIALLOS      
 7   192    93  ....  94  98  93 47/12:42.24   ANTHONY FUNG       
 8   190     0  ....  99  91   0 32/5:23.85    COREY LEWIS        
 9   187    93  ....  93  93  94 57/15:40.54   TRAVIS LAWRENCE    
10   187    91  ....  91  92  95 36/10:16.05   MARC MENDOZA
dont worry.. my claymores will still cover your blind spots in Modern Warfare 2
Hebiki is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 10:17 AM
  #12534  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
so i shouldn't mention 2004? (where you eventually beat out 3 future TCS champs?)

Code:
     ---- Multiple A Main Scores ----

pos t.pts e.pts      1st 2nd 3rd   laps/time     name
 1   200     0  .... 100 100   0 39/10:01.13   LING-KANG TONG     
 2   198    97  ....  98  97 100 58/15:26.10   ORLANDO SHERMAN    
 3   196    95  ....  97  95  99 57/15:18.22   CORY WHITEMAN      
 4   195    92  ....  92  99  96 50/13:34.15   STEVE WANG         
 5   194    95  ....  95  96  98 57/15:26.50   MARTY HAGEMAN      
 6   193    94  ....  96  94  97 57/15:30.27   EDGAR FIALLOS      
 7   192    93  ....  94  98  93 47/12:42.24   ANTHONY FUNG       
 8   190     0  ....  99  91   0 32/5:23.85    COREY LEWIS        
 9   187    93  ....  93  93  94 57/15:40.54   TRAVIS LAWRENCE    
10   187    91  ....  91  92  95 36/10:16.05   MARC MENDOZA
dont worry.. my claymores will still cover your blind spots in Modern Warfare 2

lol.. i knew that was coming... thanks for falling into my claymore... uhmmmm, yeah. i could afford to PLAY HARD then. not so much now.. my only point is, these 'fancy speedos' allows your 17.5 to accell to 13.5 speeds... why not just run n the 13.5 class? lololol..
OSherman is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 10:19 AM
  #12535  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OSherman
lol.. i knew that was coming... thanks for falling into my claymore... uhmmmm, yeah.
good times.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
  #12536  
Tech Adept
 
Morbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 171
Default

Originally Posted by OSherman
my only point is, these 'fancy speedos' allows your 17.5 to accell to 13.5 speeds... why not just run n the 13.5 class?
If you have the advantage, why would anyone give it up? Seems obvious to me...

Originally Posted by OSherman
all i see is a bunch of sandbaggers who can throw money at a win in GT2.. but wont grow balls and try and throw the money at a win in GT1, where the real 'BigBallers' should be..
We already know that GT1, GT2, and GT3 are not separating by drivers' ability. By your reasoning, regardless of ability, GT1 should be run by the rich and GT3 by the poor...and the middle class in GT2? Maybe Tamiya should be teching income statements.
Morbo is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
  #12537  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 1,660
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Morbo
By your reasoning, regardless of ability, GT1 should be run by the rich and GT3 by the poor...and the middle class in GT2? Maybe Tamiya should be teching income statements.

minimadman2003 is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 10:53 AM
  #12538  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Morbo
If you have the advantage, why would anyone give it up? Seems obvious to me...



We already know that GT1, GT2, and GT3 are not separating by drivers' ability. By your reasoning, regardless of ability, GT1 should be run by the rich and GT3 by the poor...and the middle class in GT2? Maybe Tamiya should be teching income statements.

Racing is racing, yes.. People will spend to race, yes. There was a clear distinction between the classes before now. Now the only distinction between GT1 and GT2 is chassis you are allowed to run, if you really think about.. Whats the point of GT2?

There used to be a point of GT2.. just trying to get it back to where it was.. Believe me when i say im not just speaking for myself on this.. There is such a spread of talent and budget in the class. Just trying to keep it balanced like it used to be.. just think of it as a public service announcement?? lol
OSherman is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 10:55 AM
  #12539  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OSherman
Racing is racing, yes.. People will spend to race, yes. There was a clear distinction between the classes before now. Now the only distinction between GT1 and GT2 is chassis you are allowed to run, if you really think about.. Whats the point of GT2?
hmmmmm the 17.5 motor rule in GT1 is looking better now??

(btw, did you see Rod run 13.5 with a tekin? ) good luck to all the GT1 drivers. i hope you guys have spares.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 02-01-2010, 11:24 AM
  #12540  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Morbo
....



We already know that GT1, GT2, and GT3 are not separating by drivers' ability. By your reasoning, regardless of ability, GT1 should be run by the rich and GT3 by the poor...and the middle class in GT2? Maybe Tamiya should be teching income statements.
and before you go and twist my words again.. anyone who really knows me, knows that im a RACER. so uhmmm, yeah.. its not solely about money. i could very well plunk down the cash to be at the head of the field. (altho i write that i cant afford it). but thats not it.. Its about the spirit of the class.
OSherman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.