Old 01-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's a good word, no?
Old 01-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aparatchik
Let me chime in as a total TCS novice - I've never participated, but just dusted off a TA05 I had sitting on the shelf and am thinking about prepping it for TCS this year.

I did my best to read through a lot of pertinent and valuable info on this thread (ok, I may have skipped a few pages!), and the two things that stand out to me most are how much silver cans seem like a black art, and how silvercan people mean SERIOUS business - somewhat intimidating for a novice! after reading all the info I could digest, it certainly appears that, unless you've attended Hogwarts for the last decade there's not a snowball's chance your "straight from the box" 540 will keep up with field. A grab bag system, or very tightly controlled spec rules would perhaps address some of that... Doesn't Tamiya ship most kits with a rudimentary ESC these days? Seems like the perfect opportunity to really lock in some parity for entry level classes like spec and GT3... Grab bag motor, and a box stock ESC. sure, gear fetishists would balk at the notion of running a TEU 101, but that's what intermediate and advanced classes are for, no?

That being said, I can't remember the last time I drove a silvercan car and I'm gravitating more to GT2 - at least there I can use the same gear that I'm familiar with, and that my local club races... However, it appears that I'd have to convert my 05 to IFS for it to be GT2 eligible?

Anyway, there's my total novice perspective on it... I've never raced an RC car in my life, despite having enjoyed tamiya cars for the last 25-30 years, but wanna get in!!
i would stick to GT3 if you have little to no race experience
GT2 is pretty fast and competitive
GT3 is manageable, and the only place you will really be at a disadvantage with a stock silvercan is on the straight
Plus you can run what you already own
Old 01-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's free racing, Not the worlds or a big event. Have fun and go home. Haveing fun! ( isn't that what TCS is?). But there will allways be someone out there that will out spend you. I am glad the kits are in the raffle now (thats the best thing fred did).
The rules are the rules so adjust and quit bickering!
Old 01-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
The idea was just like the nats, install in tech, leave in tech, no tuning allowed and no one runs the same motor twice.
Might be a bit difficult to do at a regional, but that puts in the hands of the race director and his or her crew
Although I am still kicking myself for missing the handout grabag races....

I have not seen an easy solution to the issues that are, whatever direction Tamiya takes someone will be unhappy...
Old 01-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Although I am still kicking myself for missing the handout grabag races....

I have not seen an easy solution to the issues that are, whatever direction Tamiya takes someone will be unhappy...
I am unhappy about this year rule for 2 reasons...(1) 7 hours trip 1 way to Omaha (2) need a excuse to tell wifey and go race toy car...and I ran out of excuse.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Wind power seminar, geez, don't you remember all the windmills on I-80???
Old 01-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Mini Solution.....

here's a solution from a non-mini guy...

Solution #1. Get rid of the class. PERIOD. that should stop all the whining.
all joking aside.....

Solution #2.
For regionals.... Mini is WIDE open. run whatever you want. want to run a 4 cell Lipo at 11.1v 3.5T BL? DO IT! again.. all joking aside...

Make everyone buy this:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=57742

the only thing you can CHANGE is the body (so everyone doesnt run the same one). EVERYTHING ELSE IS BOX STOCK. the car never leaves tech. you bring the battery to tech.. install it... RACE.

there are 6 frequencies... all interchangable. its RTR. show up and race. no wrenching.. nothing. cant set ride height... cant clean the tires.. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

equal playing field. enjoy!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I know the feeling...omaha isn't bad for us...3 hours. But Memphis is 9 hours..and we made the trek to th Nats...25 hours. But it was worth every mile!
Originally Posted by Solara
I am unhappy about this year rule for 2 reasons...(1) 7 hours trip 1 way to Omaha (2) need a excuse to tell wifey and go race toy car...and I ran out of excuse.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Hello everyone,

The TCS season is now in its 16th year and the first race is only two months away. Last year we had to cut our FREE TCS shirts, due to budgets and we realize they were missed. Budget restraints are still with us but we wanted to test the waters to see what you guys thought of these shirts that we have designed. We want to make them available to anyone who wants them at a very low price point. I donít know what that exact price point will be yet, but it could be as low as $18.00 including shipping. Take a look at the attached images. You will notice we have 3 styles depending on the class you like and race in.

Your feedback is most welcome.

Thanks for supporting the TCS Series.

FM
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-tshirt-concepts-f1-v2.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-tshirt-concepts-f1.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-tshirt-concepts-gt-v2.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-tshirt-concepts-gt.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-tshirt-concepts-mini-v2.jpg  

Old 01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

BTW:

We can offer these shirts in Black or white.

FM
Old 01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Hello everyone,

The TCS season is now in its 16th year and the first race is only two months away. Last year we had to cut our FREE TCS shirts, due to budgets and we realize they were missed. Budget restraints are still with us but we wanted to test the waters to see what you guys thought of these shirts that we have designed. We want to make them available to anyone who wants them at a very low price point. I donít know what that exact price point will be yet, but it could be as low as $18.00 including shipping. Take a look at the attached images. You will notice we have 3 styles depending on the class you like and race in.

Your feedback is most welcome.

Thanks for supporting the TCS Series.

FM
Originally Posted by FMW
BTW:

We can offer these shirts in Black or white.

FM
Fred

my vote is for the one with the LARGE NSX on the back..and small TCS logo on the upper right chest area. dialed!

- Chris
Old 01-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Please do not list the schedule on the shirts.

1st choice- with F60
2nd choice- with both F60 and NSX.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs

shirts look good Fred I would not mind to have pay for the shirts,the mini one looks good.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I like the shirts...I like it without the dates as well.

Sell them at each race...I will get one in XXL
Old 01-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

They all look awesome!

Finally, race shirts with race cars on em.

I'd prefer no schedule also, small logo on front and black.

Oh yeh, burnout tracks behind the tires?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.