Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-30-2004, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by linger
I forsee lots of carpet practice for the next few months. There is a certain Japanese repeat winner kid that need to be spanked. meanwhile.....zzzzzzzz.
Rod wasn't able to beat up the kid, perhaps you can. Use the Praying Mantis style.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default There is he is...

there he is Ling.. go get em!!!

Old 08-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A BIG THANKS to Fred Medel, Gary Demory and the entire Tamiya crew for putting on what has to be the classiest R/C race in the USA...for the tenth year! Those of us who went to the very first TCS race at Aliso ten years ago saw the birth of a series that has become more complex, more technical and more difficult with each year. Charlie...you're an awesome announcer- even if you did learn at the feet of The Master, Scotty Ernst.

A HUGE SHOUTOUT to all of my Tamiya friends- Marty, Gary, Dan & Paulie, Stefan, and the many, many people who make these events more like a family reunion each year. Bruce Hickman, thanks so much for the help you gave to me and so many other racers this past weekend. It must have hurt not to be able to race, but we appreciate the love.

Finally...it's TROY CRABTREE who won Mini, and well deserved. Several times the bridesmaid, finally this time he gets to eat the cake. Nice work and a fine job by one of the nicest people in this hobby.

Saddest thing is that we have to wait like five or six months until the next regional event...

Later
Doc
Old 08-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I decided to skip work today to get those lost sleep hours back, but ended up cleaning the house in the process. I was hoping to wake myself up and realize what I have accomplished, but YES I am still in cloud 9!!!

Tamiya crew... awesome job as always; everything ran smoothly. There were so many friends that helped me throughout the race... of course our close knit TAOB crew for helping me overcome my nervousness from day 1. Some people think that GT2 is an easy class to win, but seriously, one small mistake would have changed everything...

What's been on my head after winning the race? (No Mark Dawson, not boxers or briefs!!! ) It was the cheers of my fellow racers. Geez, I've never heard those loud cheers in my r/c life in A1 and A2... it was just truly amazing... I knew right there that I not only won the race, but most importantly realized that I have won a lot of friends in R/C. THANK YOU ALL... you guys know who you are!!!

-Ian

To my fellow Nat winners... Troy, Neil, Ling... I personally know all 3 of you and I'm so happy to be able to share this win with my own friends. It will be one of the most memorable chapters in my life and thanks for the early B-Day present... Congrats guys!

(Dang... Neil, Ling, do we really need to put those numbers in front of our shirts in J-land? Rod look like he just won a marathon event or something in that pic... )

Last edited by eeyan; 08-30-2004 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congrats to all the winners and yes Ling, you better take him down! Actually, he's a cool kid and yes, we had to wear those little bibs. I even broke mine trying to tie it on for the pictures. You guys are going to be in for a trip of a life time.

Also, in regards to setups, Mike and I can give you guys some hints on tire selection and stuff...Chassis wise, ummm yeah...that's a different story since I brought the wrong one hehe.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by eeyan
(Dang... Neil, Ling, do we really need to put those numbers in front of our shirts in J-land? Rod look like he just won a marathon event or something in that pic... )
Just you eeyan. I'm wearing mine over my Japanese censored areas.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: There is he is...

Originally posted by Hebiki
there he is Ling.. go get em!!!

Just to clarify who to get, it's the 5 year old baby toddler in the center.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by linger
Mark, you should have gone to Vegas! Always bet on Pink.

I forsee lots of carpet practice for the next few months. There is a certain Japanese repeat winner kid that need to be spanked. meanwhile.....zzzzzzzz.

Oh yeah! Off to Stockton/Hobbyworld carpet to get the "feel" back before the worlds!Stockton opens up in October.When is the Worlds?
Old 08-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: There is he is...

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Just to clarify who to get, it's the 5 year old baby toddler in the center.
Why so harsh? He's young, but he's fast!
Old 08-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Congrats to all the winners and yes Ling, you better take him down! Actually, he's a cool kid and yes, we had to wear those little bibs. I even broke mine trying to tie it on for the pictures. You guys are going to be in for a trip of a life time.

Also, in regards to setups, Mike and I can give you guys some hints on tire selection and stuff...Chassis wise, ummm yeah...that's a different story since I brought the wrong one hehe.
Yes, congrats to the big winners! I guess this is the unofficial passing of the torch
What ever you guys do, don't use my setup that I used in Japan I made the A-main but I think I got my best qualifying lap by accidentally getting my car stuck to Rod's for a lap.

Go to Japan to race but just as importantly go to Japan not to race!

Best,
Mike
Old 08-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My man Orlando, so close! You were the only person in the mains to bust out 20 laps. You're my favorite for '05!
Old 08-31-2004, 12:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Nice racing guys...Very close in F201....

Congrats to all the winners....

See you next year....without the broken bones...

Kevin
Old 08-31-2004, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Thanks

Finally back home.....

The past chumps race is always the most fun race of the year for me. I love the format....spec cars, bat, electronics, tires etc...with the reedy race format.....awesome stuff. I suck at qualifying....so this format is way more fun for me.

Thanks to Fred and his crew for another flaweless execution of another TCS nats!!! You guys know how to run a race.

Lets here it for Charlie!!! eh!!

Thanks to Tom Wright for running the Canadian Series making it possible for us to have the opportunity to race at Tamiya America's track....what a great facility! After racing there...it is hard to go back to racing in a parking lot

Thanks to Novak for providing the very kool brushless motors.

Congrats to all of this year's class winners! Looking forward to racing you next year in the past chumps throw down!

Ling - Remember to use those oversized old A tires in Japan...makes for a taller rollout....that wiz kid that won the year I was there with Derek and the year that Rod was there, used those larger tires while the rest of us used the normal tc a tires. With fixed top gearing those larger tires make a big difference.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Ling and Ian, I think Mike has a setup that works with the large tires. I couldn't get them to work for the life of me. I ended up running medium narrow A's with a medium insert in the front and a soft insert in the rear. I traded top end speed for handling and it seems like the straight is getting shorter and shorter every year hehe. Anyways, I got a copy of the RCT DVD so you guys can get a preview of what it was like. I'll be at the track this weekend and will bring it with me.

Past Champs, we bow down to you Martin. Seven wins in a row!
Old 08-31-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Martin you are in for it now we know the secret. 6 Rounds of qualifying and 1 main. Of course the quals count for something just so Martin will freak out.......

Good running with you Martin, Sunday mornings hackfest was fun with you Derek and myself.

Ling, Ian go with the big tires and just remember the worse the tire the better the grip on that carpet don't ask it just works.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.