Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtypecanare
Whatever the changes are in the rules, the cream will always rise to the top.

lol R-TypeC said the same thing last night on xbox-live
Old 12-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
I like the rules....this being my first year back into a TCS event in 10 years or so I think the rules are fair. I can see why they dropped the 13.5 motors as that class is becoming way to fast for the average racer. I like that fact that I can now race in GT2 and GT1 with the same car and motor.

Also anyone who has an old Novak motor you can always trade it in to Novak for a newer model with their exchange program....so that will save you some money.
Kevin,

I know about the exchange program, but why should I have to send back a perfectly working motor and shell out an additional 40-50 dollars to get the same model back but only with a yellow ring. It doesn't make financial sense for me.

Over all the rules are very good and fair but in the times we are in right now, maybe a little better phase in would have been good, especially since the technology is changing so fast and next year there will be a new set of motor and esc rules.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
Kevin,

I know about the exchange program, but why should I have to send back a perfectly working motor and shell out an additional 40-50 dollars to get the same model back but only with a yellow ring. It doesn't make financial sense for me.

Over all the rules are very good and fair but in the times we are in right now, maybe a little better phase in would have been good, especially since the technology is changing so fast and next year there will be a new set of motor and esc rules.
+1
Old 12-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Three
But why two F1 classes (103 foam and 104 rubber)?
To keep the f103 alive for 1 more year especially after so many people went out an bought the 15th anniversary edition. I think Tamiya did the right thing by allowing the f103 on foam this year.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Three
But why two F1 classes (103 foam and 104 rubber)?
isnt this the problem ROAR has with their big races? FOAM Sedan and Rubber Sedan?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Kevin,

Larry when the time comes if you need a motor I've got one you can borrow for TCS. It would be a shame for that to keep you and Matt from being there to race against.

Shawn Conley
Old 12-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Potato
GT1 should be open motor like the good old days. I liked that insanity. Cost would probably be the same anyway! To race I'd have to buy a new motor 17.5, a new ESC (probably), and tires for every run. This is no different from when it was 10.5, 13.5, and now 17.5. At least we would have had continuity with the rules.
When you have more power than you need, the limit is in the driver. The only downside is increased wear and tear on components and more people complaining about too much speed.
did you attend nats this year? if you did then i think you know why GT1 moved to 17.5. the move is to try to increase attendance. nats only had 10 guys show up for GT1.

make it slower.. so more people can jump in and join the class. just BECAUSE you can run a 3.5T BL with 2S lipo... doesnt mean you should.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
did you attend nats this year? if you did then i think you know why GT1 moved to 17.5. the move is to try to increase attendance. nats only had 10 guys show up for GT1.

make it slower.. so more people can jump in and join the class. just BECAUSE you can run a 3.5T BL with 2S lipo... doesnt mean you should.
Then why not go 21.5 got GT2? We have better cars now. Better tires. Yet are running slower equipment in the top-tier class now than we used to? The cars used to have more power and handle a lot worse and turnout was much better. There are also different rules for Nationals than regionals as it is.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Kevin,

I understand what you are saying but the rules are the rules. I have to buy a motor for this series as I donít currently use any of the motors on the list. Iím not not going to run the series because they are not allowing me to use my existing motor that works perfectly fine right now. Itís the same thing with the Tamiya tires not everyone uses these tires week to week so because Tamiya rules are that you have to use their tires everyone who has Jaco tires or whatever can sit back and say thatís dumb because I have perfectly good Jaco tires to run. Believe me I understand what you and others are saying but this is the rules laid out by Tamiya.....follow them or donít the choice is up to you. Its hard to please everyone all the time sometime the hard choices are made and we the racers have to deal with them or find something else to do with our time and money. I understand that everyone doesnít have a money tree in the back yard and times are rough out there. In the grand picture the cost of a new or used motor is a drop in the bucket if you want to race in this series....and really with the rules the way they are you can buy 1 motor and race 2 classes given you have the right chassis platform. So really in one way they made a change that some people dont like yet they made another that other people will enjoy that much more. Its never easy making rules but in the end they are the rules.....follow them or dont.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Then why not go 21.5 got GT2? We have better cars now. Better tires. Yet are running slower equipment in the top-tier class now than we used to? The cars used to have more power and handle a lot worse and turnout was much better. There are also different rules for Nationals than regionals as it is.
you're killing me gary....fine ill entertain your train of though. you move GT2 to 21.5.. you'll hose GT3. what then? then you'll want mini at 21.5? don't post like an asshat. everyone knows who you are. the move is to increase attendance for GT1, not to "piss Gary K" off. TCS doesnt revolve around you.

is your diaper wet because you didnt get what you want? Then now you're just making noise to make noise. GT2 is fine at 17.5. take the rules as is... race.. or dont race. these days... you're doing more whining than racing.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK

there is already complaints about the 17.5 motor rules, so now you want racers to buy NEW motors. Everyone needs to Remeber RACING IS NOT CHEAP. EXPECIALY (SP) TCS
Old 12-11-2009, 01:57 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I would've liked to see a budget class like the Senior Spec Class they are running in some areas. I wonder why the TT01 is not eligible for the GT3 class, when the TB series is eligible. Also. as someone mentioned the esc's are a big issue in other classes around the country. I know there has been a lot of the discussion about that in VTA series. Those were not addressed.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by MD
I would've liked to see a budget class like the Senior Spec Class they are running in some areas. I wonder why the TT01 is not eligible for the GT3 class, when the TB series is eligible. Also. as someone mentioned the esc's are a big issue in other classes around the country. I know there has been a lot of the discussion about that in VTA series. Those were not addressed.
MD, Gary, other TCS Racers......

NOW THIS IS AN ISSUE i would have liked to see addressed. but i guess no one brought it up?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin K
I understand what you are saying but the rules are the rules. I have to buy a motor for this series as I donít currently use any of the motors on the list. Iím not not going to run the series because they are not allowing me to use my existing motor that works perfectly fine right now. Itís the same thing with the Tamiya tires not everyone uses these tires week to week so because Tamiya rules are that you have to use their tires everyone who has Jaco tires or whatever can sit back and say thatís dumb because I have perfectly good Jaco tires to run. Believe me I understand what you and others are saying but this is the rules laid out by Tamiya.....follow them or donít the choice is up to you. Its hard to please everyone all the time sometime the hard choices are made and we the racers have to deal with them or find something else to do with our time and money. I understand that everyone doesnít have a money tree in the back yard and times are rough out there. In the grand picture the cost of a new or used motor is a drop in the bucket if you want to race in this series....and really with the rules the way they are you can buy 1 motor and race 2 classes given you have the right chassis platform. So really in one way they made a change that some people dont like yet they made another that other people will enjoy that much more. Its never easy making rules but in the end they are the rules.....follow them or dont.
I know the rules are the rules and I can see in the Grand scheme of things Tamiya is trying to keep the costs down and attract more people to the series. I think the motor rule really is the only real bad rule because I think the issue now is more in the ESC. If they aren't allowing the black ring 17.5 that many people have (that has the same part number as the yellow ring motor) because they think someone will use a 10.5 with the 17.5 purple ring (because the 10.5 has the black ring) to try and cheat I think is absurd as it would be very obvious the difference in speed between the 2 motors. I think that would be very easy to spot. As far as the other Tamiya parts needed I like many others have a war chest full of tires from many years of running in the series.

Don't get me wrong I am a huge supporter of Tamiya and I appreciate all that Fred and the guys have done for this series, some how I will find a way to be at the race in March at Trackside.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Quick question:
"10. Tamiya F1 bodies only. Mixing of Tamiya bodies and Tamiya wings is NOT allowed."

Does this mean you have to run the wing that came with the body set? Or does it mean no mixing between f103 and f104?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.