Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree833Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-25-2003, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Neil it helps finance the campaign I did that with 3 kits last year and turned them to the local track for credit against my tab. I kept 2 for spares to refresh the car. It sure helps get to Japan
Old 08-01-2003, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up TCS North American Finals 2003

The rules have been posted for the TCS Nationals!

You can find them here:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/events/tcs/pr.html
Old 08-01-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default SPEC MOTORS and PAST CHAMPS!

Coooooooollllllllll! I like spec motors yeeeehehhh. What's the Spring Brush Combo Rod Man! What about the pinion, yikes! speed secrets secrets secrets

Past Champs...yah...It would be cool to see the old timers from 95. I'm placing my tires on Berger, Joven, Peter, Tyree...heck all of them are good!
Old 08-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: SPEC MOTORS and PAST CHAMPS!

Originally posted by izzyracer
Coooooooollllllllll! I like spec motors yeeeehehhh. What's the Spring Brush Combo Rod Man! What about the pinion, yikes! speed secrets secrets secrets
Heck, I don't even know what motor it is Let alone what to do with it. I think Hara and Murai were using a Tamiya 23T last weekend...maybe you should ask them
Old 08-01-2003, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: SPEC MOTORS and PAST CHAMPS!

Originally posted by rtypec
Heck, I don't even know what motor it is Let alone what to do with it. I think Hara and Murai were using a Tamiya 23T last weekend...maybe you should ask them
Your the main network guy. You have the contacts. You are the MAN!
Japan is written all over your face. Go Racer Go!
Old 08-01-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Past champions? Don't forget our favorite announcer Scotty (who nearly won ROAR Nats at NC this year) and I'm trying to convince Robert Itoh from Yokomo to run too (He was a past Tamiya Champion as well) It should be a great race!

Practice at Tamiya this Sat? Who's goin?

Steve Wang
Old 08-01-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Tec Hi Tec Hi Tec....sigh!
Old 08-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: SPEC MOTORS and PAST CHAMPS!

Originally posted by izzyracer
Past Champs...yah...
Does winning the TL-01 spec class for 3 years count? Hehehe! Too bad there's no national class for the TL-01 or.... LOL!
Old 08-01-2003, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: SPEC MOTORS and PAST CHAMPS!

Originally posted by eeyan
Does winning the TL-01 spec class for 3 years count? Hehehe! Too bad there's no national class for the TL-01 or.... LOL!
As a wise friend of mine (RBF) once wrote:

".........Bottom feeding fish generally have an underslung or inferior mouth. Often, bottom feeding species are also equipped with barbels (“whiskers”), which are tactile and taste organs used for locating food in dark or muddy waters. Some bottom-dwelling fish, especially the Loricarids, have a suction-cup like mouth for rasping on algae, wood, plants, or mud (for small invertebrates)....."

and may I quote Tamiya:

"The TL-01 Spec class is intended for Novice drivers."

Don't bottom feed too much. Does it give you great pleasure beating a 12 year old kid participating in his first big race?
Old 08-01-2003, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: SPEC MOTORS and PAST CHAMPS!

Originally posted by rtypec
As a wise friend of mine (RBF) once wrote:

".........Bottom feeding fish generally have an underslung or inferior mouth. Often, bottom feeding species are also equipped with barbels (“whiskers”), which are tactile and taste organs used for locating food in dark or muddy waters. Some bottom-dwelling fish, especially the Loricarids, have a suction-cup like mouth for rasping on algae, wood, plants, or mud (for small invertebrates)....."

and may I quote Tamiya:

"The TL-01 Spec class is intended for Novice drivers."

Don't bottom feed too much. Does it give you great pleasure beating a 12 year old kid participating in his first big race?

Oooooo what does this mean...to complex..help me Scotty or beam me out of here! Quickly please.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Rod,

Good ***over exaggerated*** answer (although I only understood the last line you gave...) LOL! By chance, did you ever ask when I won the races (which is like ages ago, btw! We all started out as rookies afterall, right? Oh yeah, I forgot, you're the exception... your highness!)?

Some people just go overboard once they start winning big races... oh well... I guess some poeple are just like THAT! No further comment...

Ian A.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

I think you took it all wrong Ian. I am only kidding about the bottom feed part. I'get labelled a bottom feeder all the time whenever I run anything but a modified or bl motor them bastards! hehe but it's all in good fun ya know? Oh and about winning races...I'm slow so what you say doesn't bother me hehehe

Speaking of being a noob, I watched a video of myself driving from about a year and a half ago...Holy Sheep ####! I can't believe I how bad I was
Old 08-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Rod,

No harm done... sorry boss! Hehehe... I still love the way you always "GO FOR IT ALL OUT" in races... I wish I could get those killer instinct in me soon... money is just so tight these days I can't afford to break parts too much!

Ian A.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Hehe lol...the funny thing is that somebody told me the line "beating 12 year old kids in their first race" and wasn't kidding haha.

Oh, don't worry about breaking stuff...just don't hit anything
Old 08-01-2003, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

I'm glad there's a GT3 class. I heard rumblings that they may combine it with GT2, but I guess that's not the case. Should be a fun event. I am looking forward to it. Now, which classes to run...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.