Default BMW M3 GT2 2009

another body:

BMW M3 GT2 2009

1/10RC Hatsune Miku Studie GLAD
BMW Z4 (TT-01 Type-E)
Old 09-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's quite the um, livery on that racing Z4 M. I wish they were doing the Petronas or Red Bull version instead...

Has anyone here run the Z4M body? Does it handle well?
Old 09-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Lets see, my brother will make me get the Z4 body with the anime on it. The Corolla looks like something only a mom or Paul D would love. Nice new additions both from the JGTC series but when is Tamiya going to realize there are some cool. especially perfect for IFS design bodies in classes like FIA GT, BTCC or even a serious big, bad and ugly Falcon or Holden from Australia V8. Hopefully Tamiya Japan will let their body consultants travel outside Japan for a change.

Wow, an aluminum motor mount for the version 2 ? I never saw that coming.

The Z4 body is okay on the track but you have to work with the spacing on the rear arms as it is a shorter wheelbase that the regualr sedan bodies.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Im all over that M3, cant wait to see what the body looks like
Old 09-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
The Z4 body is okay on the track but you have to work with the spacing on the rear arms as it is a shorter wheelbase that the regualr sedan bodies.
I just got a ta05 ver. 2 (can't wait to run it tomorrow at Tamiya), what arms would I need to get to work with the Z4? I wanna do a Jägermeister version. Yours looks great btw with the m-color checkered flag graphics. Could you post a bigger pic of it?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Love the M3 and the, ah, whimiscal Z4, but that Corolla looks like it belongs in the Mutter Museum! Of course I am saying this drooling over the KV-2, which ain't exactly all that purty either, but say it with me now, 152mm Howiziter!!! lol

+1 on Tamiya giving their body designers access to the internet to look at more than just Japan GT. I'd love to see a Tamiya body I could run in VTA...they got it right with the early Bronco shell for the CR-01, and we had the SVT Lightning and SVT Cobra, so we know they have it them to so some American muscle...Gourney Cougar anyone?

Thanks for the link!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by greymachine
I just got a ta05 ver. 2 (can't wait to run it tomorrow at Tamiya), what arms would I need to get to work with the Z4? I wanna do a Jägermeister version. Yours looks great btw with the m-color checkered flag graphics. Could you post a bigger pic of it?
You may not be able to get a Z4 to fit on a V2 chassis. The regular TA05 chassis uses 9mm of shims for the rear arms (suspension pin is 49.7mm). The V2 uses the 46mm 415/416 suspension pins so I think I used about 4.5mm of shims total (I ran a V2 at the Nationals). For the V1 TA05, you used the same arms and just put lots of the spacers to the back of the arms to move the arms forward so may not be enough spacer area to move the V2 arms forward enough.

Here you go for better pics of my Z4. Also some pics of my Jager 320i WTCC body.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-bmw-z4-warsteiner-001.5.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-bmw-z4-warsteiner-002.5.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-jagermeister-bmw-320i-2.5.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-jagermeister-bmw-320i-4.5.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-jagermeister-bmw-320i-%243.5.jpg  

Old 09-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Gets a call from Lil' Bro, "you gotta check out this photo on R/C Tech. They have an anime character as part of the paint scheme!"

Nice, Miku from "Vocaloid" (which is a voice synthesizer software program from Yamaha). I'm gonna snatch the photo and email to a cosplay friend of mine. That's her "signature" cosplay character...

The pic is tagged as "1/10 RC TT-01 Type-E, but there's way too much detail for this to be an RC. It's gotta be the full-on race car. However, if Tamiya ever gets this body kit, I know I'd be interested in getting one.

TC
Old 09-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
another body:

BMW M3 GT2 2009

1/10RC Hatsune Miku Studie GLAD
BMW Z4 (TT-01 Type-E)
hey chris,
can you post a bigger photo next time
i cant see the car
Old 09-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Tech Initiate

You may not be able to get a Z4 to fit on a V2 chassis. The regular TA05 chassis uses 9mm of shims for the rear arms (suspension pin is 49.7mm). The V2 uses the 46mm 415/416 suspension pins so I think I used about 4.5mm of shims total (I ran a V2 at the Nationals). For the V1 TA05, you used the same arms and just put lots of the spacers to the back of the arms to move the arms forward so may not be enough spacer area to move the V2 arms forward enough.

Here you go for better pics of my Z4. Also some pics of my Jager 320i WTCC body.
WOW, great looking Bimmers man. Well done alternative-but-traditional liveries.

Bummer about not being to fit the Z4 on my V2 chassis though... I was looking forward to getting one.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by greymachine
WOW, great looking Bimmers man. Well done alternative-but-traditional liveries.

Bummer about not being to fit the Z4 on my V2 chassis though... I was looking forward to getting one.
Anthony Fung and I both ran the Z4 on the Version 1 TA05 IFS and had fun with it. Now, you might be able to real creative using TA04-SS rear arms that might shorten the wheelbase enough but don't know what Fred would think about that for TCS legal.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Anthony Fung and I both ran the Z4 on the Version 1 TA05 IFS and had fun with it. Now, you might be able to real creative using TA04-SS rear arms that might shorten the wheelbase enough but don't know what Fred would think about that for TCS legal.
Kevin, You have PM
Old 09-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Good idea, thanks. I'll ask him at the track.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default Degging to biffer

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Tom, the thing you also failed to mention though was the rampant cheating in the F1 class (Yes, I said CHEATING!) re: Non-Tamiya Foam tires, soaking tires in all sorts of chemicals that were illegal at the time, etc. Rubber Tires eliminated ALL of this. F1 was the king of the hill back in the day with tires...
Not really, Gary, for although you and I can agree that there were people who cheated on foam tire issues in F1 back in the day, there were people who cheated with the advent of the rubber tires. One question that eventually had to be resolved in the rules was what inserts would be allowed. Some people used non-Tamiya inserts until that was solved. Also, for awhile people weren't allowed to sauce those tires either--and did. Like I said, SSDD. Rubber tires never eliminates cheating and creates the worker's paradise for RC drivers you hint at. It just redirects the impulse. Besides, there was more than enough junk people were doing with motors and shouldn't have been.
The rules as they exist right now are doing a pretty good job of supplying us with close, amazing racing. We don't need rubber tires to make that better. And I think Austin B. would be happy to say he thought foam tires were fast.
We'll just have to hope there'll be a rubber tire in the F104's future, if that's what it'll take to make you like the car. There really is a lot to like right now.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'd be curious about that too...given that the reversible LW suspension was designed for the TA04, thus by default wouldn't any of the TA04/LW long/LW short arms all quality as:

"Any Tamiya Hop-Op Option and spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for"

since any vehicle with the reversible suspension is by default a TA04 for those few mm of chassis between the mounting blocks?

Of course my interest has nothing at all to do with the Evo 5 I just ordered for RCGT or the TA04-SS arms and Audi TT-R body sitting on my shelf waiting for it...or the Countach body that was going to make it's way onto the TB03 I've promised myself for x-mas...I know, I know if the short wheelbase cars were worth a damn the 247mm wb would have evolved into the standard of the world and not 257, but I AM nerdy enough to have to be different afer all...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.