Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Good to see you and Jim made it home safe . I hope you got unlimited miles on that rental car !!! Stay in touch Charlie,see you soon!!!!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hi guys… here’s a few “Thank Yous” from a different angle!

I didn’t hold an r/c transmitter to race at this years Nats (actually, haven’t done that in the past couple of years either), but I’m very much grateful for being there this year for so many reasons. Like how a lot of you expressed here, the Nats is always a huge family reunion for me as well. I’m so glad I made it even if it meant driving 140 miles each day to/from my house and sitting in tech under the agonizing heat for most of the two days I volunteered. Just watching DJ mesmerize himself, Izzy and Andrew with his awesome magnet tricks under the table sort of show already made my day. Thanks for the company guys! To George and Brian, can’t thank both of you enough for hooking me up with the tech gig again. I saw both George and Brian at the Tamiya RCME booth in Long Beach early this year and the first thing they asked was, “are you ready for Nats this year? You’re volunteering right?” and of course my answer was a resounding, “sure, hook me up!”

To the other guys and gal in the tent with us… Mr. Roger, Mr. Gary and the one and only lady, Ms. Laurel (sp?) who diligently took the tech crew's lunch orders in the most gracious manner, “I’m going to In N’ Out, do you guys want anything?” Both Izzy and I, and I’m sure the rest of the crew appreciated the lunch runs.

Our view for most of the two days in tech...

Izzy pretending to work hard checking the motors. (Funny thing is, he's really pretending... j/k Izzy!!!)

Our best friend for two days... (nah, I wasn't bored teching, the water just looked too cool so I took a pic of it... )

And finally, to Mr. Medel for confirming (out of all means, through the PS3 messaging system) that I can help out at Nats… I made sure he kicked my arse in COD each rare time we played as a sort of “kiss up” strategy (I guess it worked haha! ) A huge thank you also for calling me out to judge in the concourse comp. It was my utmost thrill. I never thought I’ll have the chance to scrutinize others works in this lifetime as I’m only used to people judging my own works all the time. That was a real treat to be in the other side of the fence for once with no pressure at all… thank you very much for the opportunity!

Kevin Cole's Mazda Entry... my personal fave from the group! (Okay Kev, I said it... where's my $50 bucks! )

Congrats to the concourse winners… each of those deserves being chosen. And to you Fred, thanks again for everything… very much appreciated! I’ll see you in my crosshairs in COD6 come November…

Oh one more thing… to all the mini guys! It was a pleasure serving each one of you. There were a few whiners… “geez, why’d you give me a slow motor?” But overall, everyones mood was in high spirit in spite of the 100+ deg heat. I’m sure most will agree that this is the fairest tech process yet in a Mabuchi spec race. Oh and yeah, I would like to apologize for constantly asking the repetitive question that probably will stick to everyone’s memory in a long time… “Which side do you want lubed sir… front or back?” Sorry guys, just following the boss’ orders haha!

Congrats to Michael for winning this highly contested class. For those who don't know this kid... tech got to know him as the "driver who always came in tech last!" Funny that he actually end up winning the race. I like the attitude of this kid. I have no clue on how he can still smile while putting on his motor amidst the tremendous pressure in A3 where it was still anyone’s game. Good Job and bring your smile to Japan! Having fun is what it’s all about…

To Lee and Timmy (two young racers we're proud to be linked to TAOB one way or another), great job on the accomplishments guys. I’m sure all of you made your parents proud. As David Beale told me right after I won back in the day (and I will never forget him for this)… “Welcome to the club!” All your friends and family are very happy for you two. Congrats to Don and Max as well... all your hardwork, seamingly endless support for your sons and "investments" paid off.

And to the rest of the winners... big congrats and hope to see everyone again next year! I'll try to post more pics in the TAOB thread in a couple of hours(or days... depending on how lazy I become tonight!)

(Btw, if any mini driver who thought they got consistently fast motors each time, we're happy to announce that Izzy and I started accepting donations. Please send monetary funds or any form of r/c contributions to P.O. Box 555 Attn: Izzy and Ian’s Tech Appreciation Fund. Disclaimer: Tamiya has nothing to do with this so don't bug Fred about it... J/K!)
Old 09-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Tom,

Thank you for all your help with the F1 car this past weekend as well. This being my "rookie season" in F1 I have learned a tremendous amount with your help in the short amount of time I had a F1 car. You were always willing to listen and help out, and the Type C BMW body you loan me was worth that extra few tenths on the track. Thanks again!

Steve
Here you go sir... pictures are worth a thousand words! When I overheard Chris say "Uh oh... Steve got a working car!" I just had to leave my post in tech and rush to take some pics... pretty rare moment I guess. just kidding Steve... but hope you like the pics nonetheless! (Hopefully in a few weeks, you won't be the lone rookie in F1... )

Old 09-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Forgot to mention a big thanks to Bill "Dotty" Thanks fot the spare power and thanks for the special shoes...I actually saved all of them for next year!! Oh yeah...you need to start making plans to keep a weekend free in January...you gotta make the trek to Omaha too
Old 09-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rtypec
Four?!?! Baller!
Baller? Tell us about it! Dangggg, Ling brought out at least 50 iterations of the F103 with very very little success! Good thing the Tamiya crew didn't beat him up when he finally busted out the car that helped him get in the grudge match! Hot Bodies anyone?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eeyan
Baller? Tell us about it! Dangggg, Ling brought out at least 50 iterations of the F103 with very very little success! Good thing the Tamiya crew didn't beat him up when he finally busted out the car that helped him get in the grudge match! Hot Bodies anyone?

wahahaha!!! so busted!!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks for the picture Ian, and good to see you again. Too bad that working car didn't come around until Sunday morning. But I'm just glad it did Thanks again!

Steve
Old 09-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Big thanks to the Guys/Gals at Tamiya. It was nice to get to chat with some of the loacals. Friendly yet competitive atmosphere which is what it should be.

Congrats to the winners and good luck overseas. An extra little congrats to Timmy since he was in my class. Your hard work paid off for you, enjoy.

I'll do my best to be back next year and hopefully give James another bridesmaid trophy! All love James
Old 09-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

nice writeup eeyan!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

sorry ling... bored at work.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear

sorry ling... bored at work.
Picture 1 should be a turtle, the other is the hare. His hare showed up on Sunday.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So let the speculation begin...F104 only for next year, or will both cars be allowed???
Old 09-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robk
So let the speculation begin...F104 only for next year, or will both cars be allowed???
I'm sure its up to Japan but I would say all 104 to the worlds or two classes. 1. F103 another F104 for the trip to japan. The next question is if they want to allow the f-1 class to be a trip to japan. If thats the cases what do they drop.....GT1. I'm sure they won't be allowed to send 4 people to worlds. Both Mini and Gt-2 seem to have strong fields. Does anyone know how the sales are for the 104 car in Japan? I would think they would push heavily for the new product. I guess will all have to wait and see.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
OK - my guess for the 2010 TCS Nats. format:

Mini - trip - Silver Can
GT2 - trip - 17.5
F104 - trip - Formula 32T
*F103/104 TRF/Past Champs Expert Class - Formula 32T
Old 09-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Another year in the books and another great season of TCS Racing topped off by a great Nationals. With all the cut backs with the economy as it has been, we are all very fortunate to still have a series like the TCS !

First, thanks to those who made the Nationals the fun experience it is. Fred, Gary, Brian, Andrew, Dave, George, Roger, Laurel and those part timers Ian and Izzy.

To the trip winning National Champs, Timmy, Lee and Michael. Great job running so smooth under extreme pressure and temperature. Have fun in Japan and represent North America proudly. Now that the year of the youth has won, maybe us old guys will have a shot next year.

Max and Don, two very proud dads that I have gotten to know at the track. Your time, dedication, hard work and efforts have helped your sons achieve this awesome goal of theirs. Enjoy it with them as you were very much a part of it.

My teammates and close friends. Tony (aka Nemo), Anthony, Henry, Alan, Dave, Terence, Jason, Martin and Johnny. Thank you for your support, friendship and pushing me this last year to help me get to the level I am at today. It is a good feeling to know I am considered to be "competition" for my driving and not just pretty concourse cars.

Ian - thank you for the compliments on the RX-7. The check is in the mail. Many people do not appreciate the time and effort that goes into the detail on some of these cars including scratch built items. Coming from an expert modeler and many time concourse champion, your kind words meant a lot.

Mark H. - cool idea on the BF Goodrich Lola Mazda Camel Lites car, especially as it is a car that Steve worked on in the past. As this was your first real go at it, I think the torch will be passed soon. I still have some more of those interiors for your next project.

Now, the BEST part in my opinion of the TCS NAtionals this year, during and after ? The lack of hearing the word cheater. It is great to see people can finally recognize that the guys who win are just better than us. They may not have the fastest race lap but they can string up quick ones lap after lap. To all the 2009 TCS Champs, trip winners and National winners, congratulations and enjoy your titles for the next year as there will be a new crop of drivers ready to move you from "current" to "past" champ status this time next year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.