Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2CARTEAM
I'm sure with time and if tamiya begins to offer a more diverse foam tire selection for the F104's this will change the landscape.
No, no, no. rubber tires, need rubber, not foam The sedan guys have learned. I thought the F1 guys had too. Rubber is the future of F1, foam is the (dirty) past!
Old 08-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Foam is for pan cars and real men Gary.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

First Congratulations to all the winners!

If anyone happened to find a small silver knife (Red swiss army logo) 2 blades i lost it over the weekend. It has a lot of sentimental value...... please PM if you happened to find it.

thanks Ron Schuur
Old 08-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
A few pics of this past weekend's action at the TCS Nats:
* Team Red Dot with their hardware. Four tired, salt stained but happy racers!
* Closeup of the winning F1 councours car
* Closeup of the stunning Massa Ferrari
* Action shot of Lee Passehl entering the chicane after the carousel. I took about 15 shots of this same spot during one of Lee's qualifiers and he hit the same spot time after time after time. Wow.
* Candid (and quite accidental) shot of how impressed the attendees were with the quality of the F1 concours entries. This is the future of our hobby...may they always be this spellbound.
Wow!
It must of been quite an event.
The track looks awesome.
The Red Dot team is like a good wine.It gets better with age!
Congratulations guys.
I hope to make that trek next year for my first time.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Another GREAT and EXCITING and EMOTIONAL event put in the books.. Well done and THANKS to TAMIYA and its volunteers..

Not to mention the competitors.. Great racing action and competition by all.. Looking forward to next season. YES, i'll be back

To all the victors.. Go to Japan and do the USA proud!!.. Do what you did at Nationals!! DOMINATE!!

....till we meet again....

-O
Old 08-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default Gratis personae

Hey guys, can I throw in too? I qualified 8th and placed 8th, and I had a frickin' great time. I am gratified at the very positive attitudes of everyone and hope everybody had as much fun as I. I really can't wait till next year already--though I have to wonder how Fred chooses his dates from the calendar. I mean seriously, does he purposely talk to the National Weather Center to find out their prediction for the hottest frickin' weekend of the year? And then there's how he always seems to schedule it right when I have to go back to school. I think it's personal.
And I've already sent Fred a personal thank-you to him and all the boys and girls at Tamiya for all their hard work, smiles, and helpfulness.
F N Cuda: congrats, great running with you, and pitting next to you and trying to scam your setups and I hope I didn't get in your way too much. Now go get that see-dan to run here!
Doc: a personal thanks very much for your donation of the model kit for my class. I'm going to dig out some of my old unassembled Tamiya model kits, go buy some cheaper (and lower-quality) static-model kits and give them to the kids in my class who can't afford a model kit, and I hope a lot of kids will sign up for the class. BTW if they don't, Doc, I'll return to you the model kit. Thanks again!
And, do you suppose Red Dot could build a nice F1 motor...?
Austin, my deepest congrats. You ruled F1 this year. I really wish that F1's champ was going to Japan this year, as you would have deserved it.
All the rest of my F1 brothers, I had the BEST time running with you. I really hope that as many of you as possible will come out on Saturdays (as long as the track's still there) and come practice, as I finish sorting out my F104. I look forward to seeing you at Charlie's race in Sept. Just think, all F1's, all the time. Better than chocolate ice cream off Kate Beckinsale's belly.
Marty and Paul, I'm really proud and thrilled for both of you. Glad you had a great weekend, and wish youse could come out and run more often. Marty, I'll send you a personal e-mail about our "negotiations".
Can I have a shout-out for my buddy Craig Richter, the newest GT3 National Champ? This guy's been coming out to the track almost as long as I have, when it was just a mud surface and the drivers' stand was Stonehenge. Always fast in Mini, and lately has an awesome setup for GT3. Congrats Craig!
Alex: I'm glad you and Christian had such a good weekend. Such fun to watch Chris take on a guy he'll never admit is one of his heroes. Max: glad you had good runs and good times, and I know all of us Saturday souls are thrilled for you and Tim. Can't imagine a better couple of guys to root for.
And I can't believe I've personally raced against and been beaten in races by ALL the guys going to Japan. I think that's the first time I can say that. And as Brian Mattson's wife always says, "why does Tom even bother coming out anymore?" Congrats Tim, Michael, and Lee, I'm really proud and thrilled for you. Don: it's been such a pleasure to get to know you this last year and hang out with you and Lee on Saturdays, and hope we'll get to do it even more.
If I forgot anybody I apologize. I was thrilled to see so many of all my RC friends from over the years, and I wish you'd come play at TA more.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Tom, that was very nice, that's why you are head of the class. Get it?

You know I used all of your tips and my car is probably perfect, I just cant drive a car that is so dialed I guess.

I'll be out there every chance I get, that's for sure.

Ultimate F1 Day, here we come!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Tom,

Thank you for all your help with the F1 car this past weekend as well. This being my "rookie season" in F1 I have learned a tremendous amount with your help in the short amount of time I had a F1 car. You were always willing to listen and help out, and the Type C BMW body you loan me was worth that extra few tenths on the track. Thanks again!

Steve
Old 08-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default Very nice

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Tom,

Thank you for all your help with the F1 car this past weekend as well. This being my "rookie season" in F1 I have learned a tremendous amount with your help in the short amount of time I had a F1 car. You were always willing to listen and help out, and the Type C BMW body you loan me was worth that extra few tenths on the track. Thanks again!

Steve
Thanks for the kind words FN and Steve. Part of what's fun about F1 for me is sharing anything I can.

Here's some pics for any other F1 geeks like me...
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-beale-memoriam.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-posed-000.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-posed-010.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-posed-015.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-p1000388.jpg  

Old 09-01-2009, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's my turn to say what a great event TCS was this year. Despite the crazy heat, I had a great time. Fred and the entire Tamiya crew and volunteers did a great job...everything went very smoothly. Congratulations to all the winners. Timmy did a great job. Lee did a great. Both were very deserving winners. Lee hasn't made a mistake since 2008. That's hard to beat.

Anyway, looking forward to next. Also, Good job Chris for making the podium from 7th on he grid. You got some crazy starts
Old 09-01-2009, 04:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Well the wild ride back to the south is over for me. Thanks to all from Tamiya and the track crew locals for an outstanding Nationals. I had a wonderful time, and could not get over how casual this year's event felt. The TamiyaUSA track is the best, and I hope we can continue to enjoy it for years to come!!!

Racing was top-notch this year. Congrats to all the winners. Lee is THE MAN! Awesome job! The young guys ruled, that's for sure! North America will be well represented in Japan. I'm pulling for you all.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Thanks for the kind words FN and Steve. Part of what's fun about F1 for me is sharing anything I can.

Here's some pics for any other F1 geeks like me...
Great shots Tom, love the staged corner battle
Old 09-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by robk
Foam is for pan cars and real men Gary.
This is the best I can muster Rob and keep it polite If you don't think F1 Rubber is a "Man's Class" you've clearly either never tried it or never been successful at it...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
This is the best I can muster Rob and keep it polite If you don't think F1 Rubber is a "Man's Class" you've clearly either never tried it or never been successful at it...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That was awsome!!!!
I wouldn't normally take sides, but I much prefer rubber to foam, although just to be able to race F1 again is pretty cool, so I will take it how I can get it.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
It's my turn to say what a great event TCS was this year. Despite the crazy heat, I had a great time. Fred and the entire Tamiya crew and volunteers did a great job...everything went very smoothly. Congratulations to all the winners. Timmy did a great job. Lee did a great. Both were very deserving winners. Lee hasn't made a mistake since 2008. That's hard to beat.

Anyway, looking forward to next. Also, Good job Chris for making the podium from 7th on he grid. You got some crazy starts
actually i was 8th on the grid. i would have preferred your spot though. great run and driving on your part..... next year will be even more fun (less heat please)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.