Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
This pic showed up in my inbox this morning. Don't know where it came from, but apparently it's a spy photo of the 2009 Mini class apparel for this year's Nats.
..............well, you guys have 4.5 days to slim down

Steve
Old 08-24-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Countdown

3 more days....
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Attention F-1 TCS Racers. The F-1 class is shaping up to be a very competitive class for the TCS Finals. F-1 has been missing in the TCS schedule for a few years and now with the resurgence of the F103 and the all new F104 F-1 is on target to coming back in a big way. With that said our intent for the Finals was to invite past champions and new racers to TCS to join the big F-1 party.

Having looked at the entry list, there seems to be a pretty big who’s who in our RC group. Among them they include a few past champions and some of our support drivers. To make things interesting and as fair as we can make it, we are looking at mixing it up more. We are going to divide the F-1 class in two. We will have F-1 Finals Sportsman and F-1 Finals Expert Invite. The same rules and structure will be used for both divisions. We will just be dividing the talent. A champion will be crowned for both divisions with the single “A” main 8 minute race, but there’s an added bonus. The bonus is this. After the two mains are run we will take the top 5 racers in Sportsman and the top 5 racers in expert invite and run one last grudge match. This grudge match will determine the Ultimate F-1 Champion. Will it be a veteran racer or will it be sportsman? Also, the Expert guys will start at the back of the grid. They will take positions 6-10, while the Sportsman guys will take positions 1-5.

Which division of F-1 should you race? I leave that up to all you guys in the F-1 class. You tell me. All I know is that Christian Lopez, our TCS regional F1 winner, said and I quote “I want to race against Dave Jun, Rod C. Mark Dawson and Ling”. “I will destroy them and anyone else who wants some”. OK, that wasn’t an exact quote, but he did say he wants to take on David Jun.

Questions comments? I’m afraid to ask =)
Old 08-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Attention F-1 TCS Racers. The F-1 class is shaping up to be a very competitive class for the TCS Finals. F-1 has been missing in the TCS schedule for a few years and now with the resurgence of the F103 and the all new F104 F-1 is on target to coming back in a big way. With that said our intent for the Finals was to invite past champions and new racers to TCS to join the big F-1 party.

Having looked at the entry list, there seems to be a pretty big who’s who in our RC group. Among them they include a few past champions and some of our support drivers. To make things interesting and as fair as we can make it, we are looking at mixing it up more. We are going to divide the F-1 class in two. We will have F-1 Finals Sportsman and F-1 Finals Expert Invite. The same rules and structure will be used for both divisions. We will just be dividing the talent. A champion will be crowned for both divisions with the single “A” main 8 minute race, but there’s an added bonus. The bonus is this. After the two mains are run we will take the top 5 racers in Sportsman and the top 5 racers in expert invite and run one last grudge match. This grudge match will determine the Ultimate F-1 Champion. Will it be a veteran racer or will it be sportsman? Also, the Expert guys will start at the back of the grid. They will take positions 6-10, while the Sportsman guys will take positions 1-5.

Which division of F-1 should you race? I leave that up to all you guys in the F-1 class. You tell me. All I know is that Christian Lopez, our TCS regional F1 winner, said and I quote “I want to race against Dave Jun, Rod C. Mark Dawson and Ling”. “I will destroy them and anyone else who wants some”. OK, that wasn’t an exact quote, but he did say he wants to take on David Jun.

Interesting...very interesting...

Steve
Old 08-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hmmm, maybe I should sign up now I know I won't get cleaned up on... as badly.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
This pic showed up in my inbox this morning. Don't know where it came from, but apparently it's a spy photo of the 2009 Mini class apparel for this year's Nats.
Good lord, now I'm really glad Bill's not running Mini. Bill Doty in bike shorts...yeeeeech....
Old 08-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Good lord, now I'm really glad Bill's not running Mini. Bill Doty in bike shorts...yeeeeech....
Hey, hey.......I resemble that remark!

And Gary, FYI....That's NOT a magnet in my pocket!!! ;-)
Old 08-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default The Darryl Strawberry of F1

Originally Posted by FMW

Which division of F-1 should you race? I leave that up to all you guys in the F-1 class. You tell me.
Rats. I was going to use the presence of all that past-champ talent as a convenient excuse for being beaten like a rented mule. Now I'll have to think up some new excuses.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Hey, hey.......I resemble that remark!

And Gary, FYI....That's NOT a magnet in my pocket!!! ;-)
See, and here you claim being from Northern Alabama made a difference
Old 08-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

That's great, now I can watch the fast guys in F1 race and not just as they go past me.

Sportsman huh? How is that determined?
Of course I know where I belong but how do you weed out ringers, or would they even want to win as a "Sportsman"?

That's gotta be the worst, expert winning the Sportsman.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:44 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Austin Brumblay
Brett Reichert
Calvin Simmons
Charles Lightfoot
Christian Lopez
Craig Hammon
Danny Hua
David Aubuchon
Dennis Lyman
Fernando Jose
Giti Gowland
John Vallens
Ling-Kang Tong
Marcos Wanless
Mark Dawson
Mark Goldwater
Marty Hageman
Michael Carino
Nick Imineo
Rod Canare
Sanford Bradby
Steve Bortolotti
Steve Tolmasoff
Steve Wang
Tim Ruwe
Todd Marshall
Tom Kahl
Troy Crabtree
David Jun

The guys in bold are the ones I think should be in sportsman. That's how I have figured it out so far. Any objections? If you feel you should be in Expert, please feel free to let me know. Christian Lopez said it best "I want to be in expert, I want a piece of David Jun". That's a mighty brave thing to say
Old 08-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

The guys in bold are the ones I think should be in sportsman. That's how I have figured it out so far. Any objections? If you feel you should be in Expert, please feel free to let me know. Christian Lopez said it best "I want to be in expert, I want a piece of David Jun". That's a mighty brave thing to say [/QUOTE]

Looks good to Me, And Remember everybody "Im Comin for ya" especially David Jun

Should be fun
Old 08-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I also have a used set I will bring to the Tamiya Track on Thursday. I run a TA05 IFS in GT-2. Look for the guy with dark hair and glasses. Race bodies are Blue / Orange / White.

Kevin
Thanks Kevin!
I think I have it covered but I will be sure to look you up and say hi and thanks in person.
Craig
Old 08-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by FMW
Christian Lopez said it best "I want to be in expert, I want a piece of David Jun". That's a mighty brave thing to say
David's washed up so it shouldn't be to difficult to beat'em.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Austin Brumblay
Brett Reichert
Calvin Simmons
Charles Lightfoot
Christian Lopez
Craig Hammon
Danny Hua
David Aubuchon
Dennis Lyman
Fernando Jose
Giti Gowland
John Vallens
Ling-Kang Tong
Marcos Wanless
Mark Dawson
Mark Goldwater
Marty Hageman
Michael Carino
Nick Imineo
Rod Canare
Sanford Bradby
Steve Bortolotti
Steve Tolmasoff
Steve Wang
Tim Ruwe
Todd Marshall
Tom Kahl
Troy Crabtree
David Jun

The guys in bold are the ones I think should be in sportsman. That's how I have figured it out so far. Any objections? If you feel you should be in Expert, please feel free to let me know. Christian Lopez said it best "I want to be in expert, I want a piece of David Jun". That's a mighty brave thing to say
Make Marty run expert!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.