Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
One night, after several bottles of hard liquor were consumed
dont you mean every night?
Old 08-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Holy CRAP I just can't stand it anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone shut the F_ _ K up. Here is how it works I will put it in numerical order for all the stupid people including me.

1. You see some one running a Mini and say "Hay Cool" thats the First mistake.
2. You buy a Mini
3. You spend $1,200 within one year
4. Your wife divorces you
5. You start racing
6. You hear about the local club race having a TCS event
7. You place in the A main and think your hot shit
8. You keep getting out motored so you buy a red dot
9. You place in the top 5 in every A
10. You want to Run Nationals cuz you think you have a chance to win
11. You run nationals and lose
12. You cry

Now lets fast forward to today where there are RULES

1. If you think that there is going to be an unfair advantage your wrong
2. Motors and batteries will play no part in who wins
3. The only thing that matters is who gets the best qualifying group the first two rounds
4. The top 5 qualifiers will be with in 3 seconds of each other
5. Quit bitchin about motors its silly and makes you look silly
6. Top Qualifier will win Nats bet on it its been like that for the last 2 years since motor rules have been in effect
7. STOP complaining about motors if you can't beat em join them
8. Set up is 80% of the total vehicle's success
9. Quit bitching about motors its annoying
10. The track is very different and will be tough to get a set up in 2 days. Its poosible but tough
11. This is for fun I don't expect to win but I am hoping I will along with everyone else or we wouldn't be doin it.
12. Stop complaining about Silver Cans you look like a "ratard" when you do (hangover quote)

Yes I do love strip clubs all of the girls are so nice and tell me how cool I am and how they would love to date me when I go in there.

P.S. I have $10 says I win nats anyone care to bet against me.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

He's BACK!

Where ya been, Swifty? Or did you already answer that one.....THE STRIP CLUB!
Old 08-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

A packed house in Aliso Viejo today. Big fun and standing room only

Safe travels to those headed to the left coast.

And as the legendary boxing referee Mills Lane would say...

"LET'S GET IT ON!"
Old 08-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Someone needs to brief me on the rules real quick (my knowledge in TCS got stuck in 2004 ). Worse comes to worse, I might be sending people home without real reason at all! Almost like... "hmmm, I don't like this guys paintjob! CHEATER HERE... you're out!" Just kidding...

But in all honesty, I'm excited to see old friends/faces again next weekend. Should be another fun-filled Tamiya event. We'll see everyone there...
Old 08-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Umm, you missed a couple points there Swift...here's my revision (tongue-in-cheek of course):

1. Being a young single man, you spent $500+ of your own money building a Mini in 1999 reliving your childhood and all those boyish dreams you had before you were married (like owning a Sand Scorcher or Hotshot back in the day), and of course it got thrown out with all your favorite stuff when you actually got married.
2. FF ten years and waxing nostalgic for your waning youth, hairline, well defined abs and your carefree single days, you see someone running a Mini, and say, "Hey that's cool!"...unfortunately your wife heard you say it, and THAT was the first mistake.
3. You spend $1200 in a year [ed. note: I WISH I only spent $100/month on my R/C addiction!) which, while all that money was money you saved by scrupulously avoiding Starbucks in the morning and packing a bag lunch every day for over a year, your wife still thinks that the $1200 you saved was somehow really hers, even though she goes to Starbucks every morning, buys an overpriced lunch from a foofy vegan lunchstop every day, and buys a new overpriced handbag each week to go with her weekly $100 manicure.
4. Your wife serves you divorce papers at the local track and you don't cry, infact, you are cheered by your fellow racers and welcomed back into the ranks of Fremen to boisterous chants of Muad'Dib, Muad'Dib!
5. You are now free to get serious about racing.
6. You participate in ALL the local TCS events, and even the not so local ones, because after all, you are a free man now.
7. You place in the A-main and are a man again.
8. You buy that red dot you always wanted, in fact, you buy a whole case, because after all, you are a man and free to do whatever you want!
9. You become a local legend, "The Man who Lived" (just like Harry Potter lived through Voldemort's spell, you lived through your time with that evil witch), and are TQ in every race.
10. You go to the nationals because somehow now spending $5000 on airfare and hotels and backup parts, batteries, tires etc. etc. seems a reasonable expenditure, especially after building that Re-re Hotshot you always wanted, and what the heck, while you are at it you order a Re-re Buggy Champ and a $800 NIB Sand Scorcher body set just because you are a free man again!
11. You hit the local strip clubs, and when they close you take the 1 1/2 hour taxi ride to TJ, and when you finally arrive at the Nats late, unshowered, hungover, in yesterday's clothes, you are DQ'd even before the first heat for running your Mini with the GT1 guys...THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!
12. You cry. Not because you lost the Nats or because of that incurable STD you caught from a Tijuana prostitute, but because your divorce hearing was the same week as your trip to the Nats, which you forgot to attend, and thus your wife got 100% of the marital assets...which includes your race-ready Mini, the Hotshot, Sand Scorcher, you youth, freedom, well your defined abs...and all because the Judge was herself an R/C widow to her husband's 1/4th scale Panzerkamphwagen VI!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Lots of fun today, gettin the F1 closer to where I need it to be so I can get it around without being too much of an obstacle.

Lots and lots of thanks to everyone who lent a hand and offered advice, at the track and here on the tech. (RobK, dude, above and beyond, serious keyboard time put in).

Have a dilema now,
Stripped the left rear hub/axle on the diff joint. F103.

No idea where to get one quickly.
Anyone have one they wouldn't mind shippin or any tips on where to shop to get one right away?

Paypal locked and loaded.

Thanks
Craig
Old 08-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by madjack
A packed house in Aliso Viejo today. Big fun and standing room only

Safe travels to those headed to the left coast.

And as the legendary boxing referee Mills Lane would say...

"LET'S GET IT ON!"
Amen Madjack,
I really want to thank Fred and the Tamiya Track renovation crew they did a fantastic job on the track! I have raced here since the begining and I would have to say the track looks and drives equal to what it was like in years past. I do think it is a bit smoother now and the grip is unreal, tire wear seems to be down and maybe we will get 2 runs on a set of B3's in GT2?? should be some awesome racing this weekend!!! The competition should be intense there are lot people that have there cars dialed in.
Steve.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
I'm a little confused...

When I go to Tamiya USA , under TCS it still says silver can for this class and nothing about a spec battery...

Thanks in advance...
two sets of rules are posted on the TCS site.

Perhaps you are looking at the general rules under the "rules & regulations" "General" tab? I think that is the rule set for the season. The set of rules you want are under the NAF finals tab.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Nippon B3's for sale

I have an unmounted set of four B3 tires left over from the days of F103GT 4 sale. These have "made in japan" on the side of the box.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
John Brown vs. Ray K

Mini title fight.... TCS Nationals....Round 1... FIGHT!
Stupid Tamiya. Stupid Nationals. Stupid toy cars...

Originally Posted by FMW
Attention Mini Racers:

New Tech procedures for the TCS Finals.

1. All Mini class racers are not allowed to show up to tech with loose fitting clothing. This includes their pit crews. If you do not have tight fitting clothing, we will provide it for you. The people from Jordache jeans have graciously donated clothing for the event. If you prefer to wear shorts the people from Dolphin shorts have also donated some fine apparel.

2. Prior to entering the installation area, you will be scanned, magic wanned and padded down for the following prohibited items: rare earth magnets, comm drops and common sense.

I hope these measures will ensure a fun and level playing field to all the attendees.

Is this so that you can finally get to wear your Members Only Jacket again?
Old 08-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Lots of fun today, gettin the F1 closer to where I need it to be so I can get it around without being too much of an obstacle.

Lots and lots of thanks to everyone who lent a hand and offered advice, at the track and here on the tech. (RobK, dude, above and beyond, serious keyboard time put in).

Have a dilema now,
Stripped the left rear hub/axle on the diff joint. F103.

No idea where to get one quickly.
Anyone have one they wouldn't mind shippin or any tips on where to shop to get one right away?

Paypal locked and loaded.

Thanks
Craig
Craig, I think this is the part you need ?
If so , PM me your address and I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow.. next time you place an order from Hong Kong just get me a replacement...

Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-end.jpg  
Old 08-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Charles, I PMed you back, thanks
Old 08-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Charles, I PMed you back, thanks
I also have a used set I will bring to the Tamiya Track on Thursday. I run a TA05 IFS in GT-2. Look for the guy with dark hair and glasses. Race bodies are Blue / Orange / White.

Kevin
Old 08-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Attention Mini Racers:

New Tech procedures for the TCS Finals.

1. All Mini class racers are not allowed to show up to tech with loose fitting clothing. This includes their pit crews. If you do not have tight fitting clothing, we will provide it for you. The people from Jordache jeans have graciously donated clothing for the event. If you prefer to wear shorts the people from Dolphin shorts have also donated some fine apparel.
This pic showed up in my inbox this morning. Don't know where it came from, but apparently it's a spy photo of the 2009 Mini class apparel for this year's Nats.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-2009-tamiya-usa-official-mini-clothing.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.