Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree833Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Fluid arguments

Originally Posted by teamstrc
no no no no no Tom, don't you know? the secret is R water dip his silver can in redbull (or Monster now...)

Steve
Geez, S, I should try that. Think it'd give an F1 motor more RPM? Or would the motor just run around all day, hyper and twitchy?
Old 08-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
I tune my silver cans by taking them out of a junk drawer, using tweezers to remove staples, screws, and washers, and putting them in.
Jeezus Rod, That motor you lent me had all that extra metel in it and I left it in thinking that was your secret to speed. You mean I might have been able to keep up if I took it out?

You running Nationals or not?

Last edited by 414MPH; 08-19-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

We are now out of Popcorn ,peanuts, beer , and tissues

As I posted in the begining of this feud, "thanks for all the kind words"

I will see you all at the races !!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:38 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

"As the Silver Can Turns"
Old 08-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MD
"As the Silver Can Turns"
FASTER!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

sooo, with all the silver can drama... maybe it's time to revisit the Mini GT class for TCS 2010?

Standard TCS mini rules apply... except you run the motor of your choice for 8 mins. It could be fun and would certainly put to rest the "more motor than me" excuse.

I can see it now... 40mph mini's doing the "Rusty Wallace" into the catch fence.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Like new Again!

Did anybody see the pictures on the Tamiya website of the renovated track? Looking good!! Lot of hard work from a group of racers and non racers. Special thanks should go to Don and Sally Pashael, I know I mis spelled the last name but they were there at 6 am every day working on the track and some days the temp was up in the 90's with the track temp at 130 degrees. and they busted their butts getting it done. They both really stepped up to the plate and asked for nothing in return. They are some special people to say the least!! Special thanks to Dave, Mark, Tom, Timmy and everybody who contributed their time and resources to making the track look like new again. I should also say thanks to Kevin and Jung, for opening the track, cleaning and spraying Friday evening and Sat. morning so it was ready for racers first thing in the morning. There are more people that should be mentioned but they know who they are and their time and effort will not go unnoticed! The track was maintained for almost two years with only volunteers dedicating their spare time and kept the track in good shape week after week.
So, when everybody shows up for the finals in two weeks and you'll see for yourself the end result of a lot of hard work. If you see anybody that I mentioned of know of anybody that worked at the track, it would be nice to tell them what you think of the track and how good it looks. A small pat on the back will mean a lot to all those mentioned!
Just my 2$
Max Valles

Last edited by maxepower; 08-20-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
FASTER!!!

A little birdie told me ,I might see you faster ,than slower!!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
You running Nationals or not?
I'm trying Atleast I'm signed up. Is the blue anodized silver can orion motor in the picture legal?
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-f103.jpg  
Old 08-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
I'm trying Atleast I'm signed up. Is the blue anodized silver can orion motor in the picture legal?
best of luck putting that orion power down on the new surface Rodzilla
Old 08-20-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

John- As I said before, I like and respect you a lot. It's OK with me if we disagree about some stuff. But I'm not going to call you any names or make irrational allegations in the process.

Clearly, you have some strong feelings about how the rules should be written for the silver can classes. I suggest you take that emotion and speak with the folks at Tamiya to see if they want to change the rules. As the rules stand, however, there's nothing illegal or cheating about Red Dot motors at TCS events. Lord knows they've been teched enough times- all over the world- and have always- that's ALWAYS, John- been deemed legal. I'm fine with a rules change (RPM limit, brushless, whatever) if that's the way things go- like you, I think it's all about the good racing.

But I also feel that every racer should be able to take advantage of whatever legal performance is available. Better speed controls, superior batteries, upscale radios- it's not just a motor war, it's an everything war. That's why we call it racing, regardless of the class. The motor's simply part of the equation. Like you, I think it's all about the good racing.

Yes, I remember well the Nats of days gone past. Fine racing. I also remember you showing up at the Nats one year without any equipment because the airline lost your luggage. And I remember lending you virtually everything you needed to run that weekend- car, batteries, electronics, everything but a radio. Like you, I think it's all about the good racing.

But I also remember you and the NY guys -and, yes, Casey- handing everyone their butts on a platter at the Laurel TCS Regionals back in the day because your group (and admit it, your motors- we tested them then on my ancient Tekin dyno)was so much faster than everyone else. I remember Alpha/Omega Motors. And I remember getting no love or help at all from that group. But, like you, I think it's all about the good racing.

THAT'S why I started Red Dot Motors- so that EVERY racer would have access to the very best silver can performance. It's really that simple. Is that performance free? No. But now nobody can come to the track with more horsepower than anyone else as long as they're ready and willing to be competitive. Good battery, good tires, good radio- without those you're not going to be in the Show. I just don't think the motor is any different in that equation.

Frankly, I enjoy the blind draw/handout motor races. We even sponsor a class in Frederick all year- we provide the matched motors for FREE- and the racing is very, very, very close- within inches after 8 minute Mains. We'll probably do an additional class this year with Mini's- same format. Why do we spend all that money to promote classes that are fun and based on good driving? Because like you, John, we think it's all about the good racing.

Take care.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
John- As I said before, I like and respect you a lot. It's OK with me if we disagree about some stuff. But I'm not going to call you any names or make irrational allegations in the process.

Clearly, you have some strong feelings about how the rules should be written for the silver can classes. I suggest you take that emotion and speak with the folks at Tamiya to see if they want to change the rules. As the rules stand, however, there's nothing illegal or cheating about Red Dot motors at TCS events. Lord knows they've been teched enough times- all over the world- and have always- that's ALWAYS, John- been deemed legal. I'm fine with a rules change (RPM limit, brushless, whatever) if that's the way things go- like you, I think it's all about the good racing.

But I also feel that every racer should be able to take advantage of whatever legal performance is available. Better speed controls, superior batteries, upscale radios- it's not just a motor war, it's an everything war. That's why we call it racing, regardless of the class. The motor's simply part of the equation. Like you, I think it's all about the good racing.

Yes, I remember well the Nats of days gone past. Fine racing. I also remember you showing up at the Nats one year without any equipment because the airline lost your luggage. And I remember lending you virtually everything you needed to run that weekend- car, batteries, electronics, everything but a radio. Like you, I think it's all about the good racing.

But I also remember you and the NY guys -and, yes, Casey- handing everyone their butts on a platter at the Laurel TCS Regionals back in the day because your group (and admit it, your motors- we tested them then on my ancient Tekin dyno)was so much faster than everyone else. I remember Alpha/Omega Motors. And I remember getting no love or help at all from that group. But, like you, I think it's all about the good racing.

THAT'S why I started Red Dot Motors- so that EVERY racer would have access to the very best silver can performance. It's really that simple. Is that performance free? No. But now nobody can come to the track with more horsepower than anyone else as long as they're ready and willing to be competitive. Good battery, good tires, good radio- without those you're not going to be in the Show. I just don't think the motor is any different in that equation.

Frankly, I enjoy the blind draw/handout motor races. We even sponsor a class in Frederick all year- we provide the matched motors for FREE- and the racing is very, very, very close- within inches after 8 minute Mains. We'll probably do an additional class this year with Mini's- same format. Why do we spend all that money to promote classes that are fun and based on good driving? Because like you, John, we think it's all about the good racing.

Take care.
* puts down popcorn and applauds *

Well said and eloquently put Doc.

Personally, I think winning regional races are great achievement. If you feel like you have something to prove or scores to settle...that's what the Nats are for. If you are satisfied with your achievement at regional races, then great! If you feel like you should have won these regionals, then show up for the big event here on the west side and show your stuff (but just a heads up, there are a lot of fast folks here on this side as well )

I believe for the past 8 years I've been racing TCS (yes, I'm still a newbie compare to some of you) Tamiya has done a great job with the parameters of the rules (and have improved upon them year after year) and we have produced truly deserving winners for the trip to Japan each year.

Ok, I'm done...for some reason I think I'm going to get flamed for my post...

* puts flame suit on *

Steve
Old 08-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

for some reason I think I'm going to get flamed for my post...
Well, maybe. But...

As it turns out, my plans have changed and I'll be making the trek to the TCS Nats after all- my 9th time. Running Mini, of course!

I don't expect to do particularly well against the amazing Mini drivers out there who already know the new track surface- heck I count at least 15 A-Main level drivers just in the initial signup list- but it's too hard NOT to go!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Awesome Doc...is Ray gonna be able to make it too?

I am hoping the info the locals have gained on the new surface won't be a huge handicap.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Good luck I'll be pulling for ya
M.Masters

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.