Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
so i guess anyone who BUYS a reddot and runs it is a cheater
so tell me mr expert, what is Doc doing to the motors to make them illegal?
Until you have facts and proof to back up the statements you made, I suggest you don't say anything. As far as I know Doc just has a really good break in method that makes the motors run well, and if he doesnt physically alter the motor( crushing the can, twisting the comm, etc...) then tell me how his motors are cheating? Besides that, he doesn't deny anyone his stuff, if you are willing to pay for it you can get it, and IMO dropping $45 and knowing what ur getting is cheaper and easier than buying a dozen and trying to find the fast one. If you are as fast as you say, then drop the $45 race Ray head to head, show us your $h** , and if you win we owe you an apology, if not you might want to think about clampin your piehole.
Please, you don't actually believe that all Doc does to a Red Dot is to break it in with some super break in method do you????? All you have to do is spin a Red Dot over and you'll realize the magnets have been "enhanced". Is that cheating? No. Do I know what Doc does? No. Can I do it myself??? Yes.

Am I entering the debate as to who is the faster driver??? Definitely not. Just am commenting that if you're entered in a race that allows Red Dots or an rpm limited race that allows enough wiggle room in the rpm limit for a tuned motor to squeeze in, you will not be in competition for a podium or near podium finish. These are numbers you might contemplate
Stock 12.5-13k at 5v and that's a good one
Red Dot 16-18k at 5v. and Doc may be building better ones now.

Case in point is the last Regional at Aliso Viejo. All ten A mainers had tuned motors. I know this for a fact, cause I tuned six of them and Chuck Leslie did the other four.

I like Red Dots and have three, but I like rpm limits also as long as they are sensible. However, you have to face facts.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Can't we all get along?????
Its just racing someone is going to find a way to go faster that is just the way it is.
As for docs motors they are good motors{ I don't owen one}
and yes they are fast but if the car and driver can't handle the power than its useless,unless the car is setup right..and the driver can ajust to it..
I see alot more whinning about motors now than before and cheating
And I've had many people say that about myself,but when you race at other people home track they have the advantge.
Its just racing guys!!!!!!injoy it as much as you can!!!
cause it could be gone before you know it.
just my 2 cents
M.Masters
Old 08-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

John Brown vs. Ray K

Mini title fight.... TCS Nationals....Round 1... FIGHT!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

best way to settle it is at nats... TWO EXPERT BUILT MINIs... throw in batteries in the radio.. battery in the car. RUN for 5 mins. winner takes all loser comes back here and whines on the internet.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Yea right....
I think most are tired of the left coast B.S.
Is there any cheese out there?????
Old 08-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have raced at places Ray K was running his mini, awesome driver watching him wheel that thing you would have thought it was 4wd. Yeah he has a quick motor but his real speed is how he drives the corners. The scary thing is the more he drinks the faster he goes
Old 08-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Toy cars, indeed

Originally Posted by rtypec
Am I having deja vu? Seriously...demon tweaked silver cans? magnet in pocket? etc...etc...I thought silver can classes were about having FUN. I tune my silver cans by taking them out of a junk drawer, using tweezers to remove staples, screws, and washers, and putting them in. lol maybe that's why I'm perpetually slow hehe
Waitaminutethere, R. I've seen where you put those staples and screws in your motor can. You're changing the magnetic field of the motor, and I'm telling.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Waitaminutethere, R. I've seen where you put those staples and screws in your motor can. You're changing the magnetic field of the motor, and I'm telling.
no no no no no Tom, don't you know? the secret is R water dip his silver can in redbull (or Monster now...)

Steve
Old 08-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I thought horchata or dirty sock water was the proper break in method.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

The problem...or one of the main problems is so many people now zap and dip etc. that if you show up to a TCS race and have a bone stock motor and the most dialed car at the track....you won't win. Becasue there are others with really dialed cars and good motors...if you don't "keep up with the Jones' you get left behind..plain and simple. Racers will be racers. Just because someone chooses to run an untouched silver can shouldn't mean others can't as long as it's deemed legal. A fast racer is a sum of parts...a dialed car...a fast motor....and good driving. Miss one and get left behind.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Core Creations
The problem...or one of the main problems is so many people now zap and dip etc. that if you show up to a TCS race and have a bone stock motor and the most dialed car at the track....you won't win. Becasue there are others with really dialed cars and good motors...if you don't "keep up with the Jones' you get left behind..plain and simple. Racers will be racers. Just because someone chooses to run an untouched silver can shouldn't mean others can't as long as it's deemed legal. A fast racer is a sum of parts...a dialed car...a fast motor....and good driving. Miss one and get left behind.
AMEN!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Wow, look at what all of this has come too. I have been racing at the tcs regional at trackside for the past four years now. Same amount of time as my girlfriend has as well. I have been thinking about hanging it up when it comes to the tcs race. I think I have finally come to my decision on the matter.

I think with all this reading I have been doing I much rather take up another hobby. I know everyone likes to be competitive and everything thing but there is a point when enough is enough. After all we are a bunch of grown men & women playing with TOY CARS!!. Calling someone a cheater online is like some grade school stuff.

I have met Doc a handful of times over the years & I have talked to him about this stuff. I really feel that he wouldn't bend the rules as some of you feel. He is in this for the hobby and enjoyment, but does like some performance. Would he get close to the rules, yes like all of us would and most do.

With this economy the way it is right now and the way things are going should this be the issue? How about having a little more fun and less negative actions so we can enjoy the hobby before none of us can afford it.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 08-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Rookie

popcorn tissue Red dot
popcorn tissue Red dot
Old 08-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Danm sorry i ran out of tissue and Red dots
Old 08-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
AMEN +2

Last edited by TeamB&B; 08-19-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.