Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
get cher popcorn... peanuts....
Cold Beer here , Hotdogs
Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpal
simply put i was at the tcs race at madness and qualified 4th in mini. if i went head to head with that guy ray k and we both run motors the way its supposed to be. i can promise he would not have even been on the lead lap. as far as john brown's ability i'm sure he would be right there too! i had no horsepower. i still qual less than one lap down with a 12.00 dollar motor! watch the video on the race and you will see the line he drove was all over the place. it is because of the crazy power that he had that should not be allowed! john brown is the biggest advocate for tcs and i support him 1000%. ask anybody that saw the race and if they disagree the are pure bull$#!t
i will end it at that!!!!!

sincerely the truth
chris palermo
How bout postin up a link to that race video, the suspense is killin us.

Tom, again, thanks for the tips on the wings.
I'm gettin the 412 and it should easily be in time for practicing with.

RobK, you also gave me a bunch of great tips to work with and I can't wait to get to the track and see what gives. Thanks to you.
Still really hopin the tires are the big difference/
Old 08-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpal
simply put i was at the tcs race at madness and qualified 4th in mini. if i went head to head with that guy ray k and we both run motors the way its supposed to be. i can promise he would not have even been on the lead lap. as far as john brown's ability i'm sure he would be right there too! i had no horsepower. i still qual less than one lap down with a 12.00 dollar motor! watch the video on the race and you will see the line he drove was all over the place. it is because of the crazy power that he had that should not be allowed! john brown is the biggest advocate for tcs and i support him 1000%. ask anybody that saw the race and if they disagree the are pure bull$#!t
i will end it at that!!!!!

sincerely the truth
chris palermo
so just out of curiosity, since you are gods gift to mini racing, how many TCS regionals did you win this season?
Last time I checked Ray won 4 with legal motors that anyone can get if they are willing to buy them. Sounds like a lot of smack talkin with nothin to back it up. I am not a buddy of Rays, but I did watch him drive his ass off at the Trackside race, and he was not "all over the place" . He went to dinner with us on Saturday night and although I really didnt talk to him directly, he seemed like a decent guy. You should go out to the Nats and show everyone what your made of, im sure Swifty would love to give you a drivin lesson or 2. By the way, where is Swifty anyways? Is he in the back of a strip club workin off his tab again? He's been noticibly absent on here for a bit now
Old 08-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

BP, thanks again, I dig gettin new stuff!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
How bout postin up a link to that race video, the suspense is killin us.
I have been member of the Ray K Fan Club for a long time. Here in Maryland (East Coast Mini Central), Ray is a legend with the Mini. When he shows up to the track, people rush over to get his autograph. At the end of a race, he takes off his Red Dot T-shirt and throws it in the crowd. Recently, I saw Ray K take a burnt Silver Can motor, wave his hand over it, put it in his car and went out and won a race with it. I have Ray K's posters, cups, baseball caps, snowflake balls, and autographs all over my hobby room.

Here is a few Ray K videos from my Ray K Video Library.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by TeamB&B; 08-19-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
I have been member of the Ray K Fan Club for a long time. Here in Maryland (East Coast Mini Central), Ray is a legend with the Mini. When he shows up to the track, people rush over to get his autograph. At the end of a race, he takes off his Red Dot T-shirt and throws it in the crowd. Recently, I saw Ray K take a burnt Silver Can motor, wave his hand over it, put it in his car and went out and won a race with it. I have Ray K's posters, cups, baseball caps, snowflake balls, and autographs all over my hobby room.

Here is a few Ray K videos from my Ray K Video Library.
oh sure, he can drive... but does he have his own bobblehead doll?
Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default settle it at nats...

why dont you guys come to cali and settle this at nats...

then you can come back here and b!tch about the winner having more motor.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Look what I've started!!!

Originally Posted by rccardr
Give it up, John. Trust me, it ain't the motor- Ray's simply a much better driver than you (OK, better than me as well ). He beat you fair and square & fully within the rules, not once but twice. Well, that's not really a fair statement. The truth is that he was TQ both times and once you were BQ and the other you were last in the A. Which means that nine or ten other guys finished ahead of you too.

Instead of whining about his motor, you might want to consider the 6 hours of setup time spent on Saturday, the three hours of rebuilding time overnight, and the 2 additional hours of setup time on Sunday morning. We didn't touch the motors all weekend.

You will note that Ray is actually a pretty modest guy- he's not all over the boards about how he beat everyone four times this year (including an RPM-limited race, BTW). Your obsession with his motor-again, fully TCS legal- without acknowledging his superior driving skill is getting tiresome, both here and on other threads.

I like and respect you a lot, John, but this kind of keyboard courage and schoolyard behavior is really beneath you. Instead, come on back down to Glen Burnie for the Charity Race on September 12th and race Senior Spec with us. Equal handout motors, identical chassis, tires and gearing, no equipment advantage whatsoever. I'll even lend you a car if you don't have access to a plain Jane TT01. Then we can see who's the better driver.
You're telling me to give it up? It's not the motor? I'm not saying Ray can't drive. Its obvious, he gets that mini car around the track like a pro. But you can't tell me the motor isn't a factor. These so called red dot motors that you promote and sell are not the same motor that Myself or anyone can buy from Tamiya USA. You are promoting them as superior motors. Therefor they are not the same. As far as Ray being a better driver than me? I will say for now that is true. I don't need to prove anything. I am a past regional winner. Back in the days when Tamiya sent a rep to each race to make sure all was a level and far playing field. You were there do you remember when the top ten in the main could all finish on or about the same lap? That was good racing. I also went to Ca. to represent the East Coast. No I didn't win. I came in fourth after the triple A-mains. We're talking about the days when Roy Alan in 1997, Raymond Flories in 1998 and 1999. First time defending champ. All of us finishing on the same lap. Great racing!!!! As for Ray being TQ at Glen Burnie I could be misstaken but, wasn't it Robbie?? You also said "nine or ten guys finished ahead of me". That statment is correct. Now tell me how many of your red dot motors finished ahead of me? You also called me a whiner. I'm not saying anything that guys without your motor are saying. I just happened to put it on the forum. You mentoined 6hrs of set up time and tuning. Yeah OK maybe his car needs extra work because it's a rocket. Mini cars are designed with slower motors in mind! If this was a mod class we all would have to put extra time into setup. Where's the fun in that? You talk about Ray being a modest guy? This may be true. But again you and Ray are wearing your red dot shirts,touting superior power. Kind of rubbing it in the faces of everyone who doesn't have your motor. After I won the B in Glen Burnie I was approached by a guy (I will not name him) who complemented me on the run. He then went on to say if I wanted to be competitive in this class I would need your red dot motor!! He also said that he out qualified me only due to the fact that he has one!!! He admitted his line was not as good as mine! I thanked him for his kind words and went on to marshal. Now, as you remember Casey Young was able to get his car in the A-main (superior driver) someone came over to him before the main and said he didn't want him to be slow in the main. So he lent him a motor. The motor was much faster then Casey's. Casey put it in the car and, yes it was much faster. Problem is he had no time to set up the car with all this extra power so needless to say his first four or five laps were not very good. Now we all know Casey is a great driver. By the sixed lap he was cruising pretty good, not great but good. He managed to come in fourth. Back to all the set up time Ray puts in. IT'S BECAUSE OF THE CHEATER (YES I SAID CHEATER) MOTORS. You guys are so proud of yourselfs winning and going fast. Good for you. Enjoy it. It's only a matter of time before someone learns a new trick or the rules change. How do you like me now? You call this keyboard courage and schoolyard behavior. Bull. It's not anonymous. I let you guys know how I felt in Glen Burnie. You were right there when I told Casey not to go for a motor from you and drive what he had. You don't remember? Finally You called me out to race in your senior spec class. How about you coming to S.I.to race in our M-chassis class where everyone has to use a house motor (the same motor that I ran at both TCS races).
Old 08-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

very well put john
Old 08-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
get cher popcorn... peanuts....
POPCORN... PEANUTS....
Old 08-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

"hey mister, i just wanna ride."
Old 08-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BrowniesHobbies
You're telling me to give it up? It's not the motor? I'm not saying Ray can't drive. Its obvious, he gets that mini car around the track like a pro. But you can't tell me the motor isn't a factor. These so called red dot motors that you promote and sell are not the same motor that Myself or anyone can buy from Tamiya USA. You are promoting them as superior motors. Therefor they are not the same. As far as Ray being a better driver than me? I will say for now that is true. I don't need to prove anything. I am a past regional winner. Back in the days when Tamiya sent a rep to each race to make sure all was a level and far playing field. You were there do you remember when the top ten in the main could all finish on or about the same lap? That was good racing. I also went to Ca. to represent the East Coast. No I didn't win. I came in fourth after the triple A-mains. We're talking about the days when Roy Alan in 1997, Raymond Flories in 1998 and 1999. First time defending champ. All of us finishing on the same lap. Great racing!!!! As for Ray being TQ at Glen Burnie I could be misstaken but, wasn't it Robbie?? You also said "nine or ten guys finished ahead of me". That statment is correct. Now tell me how many of your red dot motors finished ahead of me? You also called me a whiner. I'm not saying anything that guys without your motor are saying. I just happened to put it on the forum. You mentoined 6hrs of set up time and tuning. Yeah OK maybe his car needs extra work because it's a rocket. Mini cars are designed with slower motors in mind! If this was a mod class we all would have to put extra time into setup. Where's the fun in that? You talk about Ray being a modest guy? This may be true. But again you and Ray are wearing your red dot shirts,touting superior power. Kind of rubbing it in the faces of everyone who doesn't have your motor. After I won the B in Glen Burnie I was approached by a guy (I will not name him) who complemented me on the run. He then went on to say if I wanted to be competitive in this class I would need your red dot motor!! He also said that he out qualified me only due to the fact that he has one!!! He admitted his line was not as good as mine! I thanked him for his kind words and went on to marshal. Now, as you remember Casey Young was able to get his car in the A-main (superior driver) someone came over to him before the main and said he didn't want him to be slow in the main. So he lent him a motor. The motor was much faster then Casey's. Casey put it in the car and, yes it was much faster. Problem is he had no time to set up the car with all this extra power so needless to say his first four or five laps were not very good. Now we all know Casey is a great driver. By the sixed lap he was cruising pretty good, not great but good. He managed to come in fourth. Back to all the set up time Ray puts in. IT'S BECAUSE OF THE CHEATER (YES I SAID CHEATER) MOTORS. You guys are so proud of yourselfs winning and going fast. Good for you. Enjoy it. It's only a matter of time before someone learns a new trick or the rules change. How do you like me now? You call this keyboard courage and schoolyard behavior. Bull. It's not anonymous. I let you guys know how I felt in Glen Burnie. You were right there when I told Casey not to go for a motor from you and drive what he had. You don't remember? Finally You called me out to race in your senior spec class. How about you coming to S.I.to race in our M-chassis class where everyone has to use a house motor (the same motor that I ran at both TCS races).
so i guess anyone who BUYS a reddot and runs it is a cheater
so tell me mr expert, what is Doc doing to the motors to make them illegal?
Until you have facts and proof to back up the statements you made, I suggest you don't say anything. As far as I know Doc just has a really good break in method that makes the motors run well, and if he doesnt physically alter the motor( crushing the can, twisting the comm, etc...) then tell me how his motors are cheating? Besides that, he doesn't deny anyone his stuff, if you are willing to pay for it you can get it, and IMO dropping $45 and knowing what ur getting is cheaper and easier than buying a dozen and trying to find the fast one. If you are as fast as you say, then drop the $45 race Ray head to head, show us your $h** , and if you win we owe you an apology, if not you might want to think about clampin your piehole.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

serious business.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by downtempo
serious business.
you know what, there's a lot of banter that goes back and forth on here and its all good, until people start taking shots at others integrity, ethics and character. at that point its not about toy cars anymore, and I just think if you're going to take shots like that, you better be able to back it up.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Am I having deja vu? Seriously...demon tweaked silver cans? magnet in pocket? etc...etc...I thought silver can classes were about having FUN. I tune my silver cans by taking them out of a junk drawer, using tweezers to remove staples, screws, and washers, and putting them in. lol maybe that's why I'm perpetually slow hehe

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.