Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Does Tamiya USA do any kind of retail sales at their location?
Sorry, they do not. The warehouse is in another part of town.

Last year there was a shop nearby that had a decent supply of parts
Old 08-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Why are you not going? Is it because you have to use a hand out perhaps?
Give it up, John. Trust me, it ain't the motor- Ray's simply a much better driver than you (OK, better than me as well ). He beat you fair and square & fully within the rules, not once but twice. Well, that's not really a fair statement. The truth is that he was TQ both times and once you were BQ and the other you were last in the A. Which means that nine or ten other guys finished ahead of you too.

Instead of whining about his motor, you might want to consider the 6 hours of setup time spent on Saturday, the three hours of rebuilding time overnight, and the 2 additional hours of setup time on Sunday morning. We didn't touch the motors all weekend.

You will note that Ray is actually a pretty modest guy- he's not all over the boards about how he beat everyone four times this year (including an RPM-limited race, BTW). Your obsession with his motor-again, fully TCS legal- without acknowledging his superior driving skill is getting tiresome, both here and on other threads.

I like and respect you a lot, John, but this kind of keyboard courage and schoolyard behavior is really beneath you. Instead, come on back down to Glen Burnie for the Charity Race on September 12th and race Senior Spec with us. Equal handout motors, identical chassis, tires and gearing, no equipment advantage whatsoever. I'll even lend you a car if you don't have access to a plain Jane TT01. Then we can see who's the better driver.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

So does anyone know where there are any of the new FIAT wheels in stock in the US? I'd order from Tamiya USA, but the chances of geting them before next Tuesday (when I hit the road) are not likely.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Give it up, John. Trust me, it ain't the motor- Ray's simply a much better driver than you (OK, better than me as well ). He beat you fair and square & fully within the rules, not once but twice. Well, that's not really a fair statement. The truth is that he was TQ both times and once you were BQ and the other you were last in the A. Which means that nine or ten other guys finished ahead of you too.

Instead of whining about his motor, you might want to consider the 6 hours of setup time spent on Saturday, the three hours of rebuilding time overnight, and the 2 additional hours of setup time on Sunday morning. We didn't touch the motors all weekend.

You will note that Ray is actually a pretty modest guy- he's not all over the boards about how he beat everyone four times this year (including an RPM-limited race, BTW). Your obsession with his motor-again, fully TCS legal- without acknowledging his superior driving skill is getting tiresome, both here and on other threads.

I like and respect you a lot, John, but this kind of keyboard courage and schoolyard behavior is really beneath you. Instead, come on back down to Glen Burnie for the Charity Race on September 12th and race Senior Spec with us. Equal handout motors, identical chassis, tires and gearing, no equipment advantage whatsoever. I'll even lend you a car if you don't have access to a plain Jane TT01. Then we can see who's the better driver.
get cher popcorn... peanuts....
Old 08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

So does anyone know where there are any of the new FIAT wheels in stock in the US? I'd order from Tamiya USA, but the chances of geting them before next Tuesday (when I hit the road) are not likely.

Hey Charlie , I have one pair if it helps . send me a PM with your address ,I send them right out, no charge if you want them. Give me your cell ,I would like to talk to you before the Nats.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Wings over Tamiya

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Oh yeh, Tom,
What would be a legal bigger Tamiya wing to look for?
Does anyone going to the track have one to try/borrow/have?
I have the one piece wing from what I believe was a C body kit?
It looks the same as the wing that came with my M body/hi nose kit but is not adjustable and is a bit more flexible. (Does the problem lie therein?)
:
The C-type or Lotus wing is actually better than most, especially better than the old M-type/McLaren MP4-13 wing, which is useless but at least is fragile too so you break it easily and then have the excuse of using a different rear wing. I would recommend the C-type wing, which has considerable chord in it and makes a good amount of downforce. Better still if you can find them are the old Ferrari 412T1 rear wing (part no. 50544) or the parts tree from the Ferrari F310B kit that has the rear wing (part no. 0005669). The F310B wing is lower than the 412T1 wing, but they're otherwise very similar, lots of wing chord, and more flexible/less fragile than the Sauber rear wing (part no. 50525), which is very popular on low-bite circuits.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default The kindness of strange(ers)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Steve and Tom,
Thanks for the heads up on what the new surface is like and the F-1 pitfalls observed. I'll have to dig deep in the archieves to see what notes still exsist. Remember the days in F-1 with no track spray and no tire saucing, now that was a challenge. If I weren't so old I could probably remember what we did to get around the track.

Steve,
Thanks for the kind words...... I always had fun running with you in the past.:
What, no thanks for me? (j/k) And did you get that e-mail I sent to you a few days back about setups and bodies?
Old 08-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
The C-type or Lotus wing is actually better than most, especially better than the old M-type/McLaren MP4-13 wing, which is useless but at least is fragile too so you break it easily and then have the excuse of using a different rear wing. I would recommend the C-type wing, which has considerable chord in it and makes a good amount of downforce. Better still if you can find them are the old Ferrari 412T1 rear wing (part no. 50544) or the parts tree from the Ferrari F310B kit that has the rear wing (part no. 0005669). The F310B wing is lower than the 412T1 wing, but they're otherwise very similar, lots of wing chord, and more flexible/less fragile than the Sauber rear wing (part no. 50525), which is very popular on low-bite circuits.
I have a 412 wing new in the wrapper, first $20 has it on your doorstep in time for the nats, i have a few others as well. PM me for details
Old 08-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

BP you got pm.
I'd like that wing!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I know Jeff over at Speed Tech's got a few of the Sauber front and rear wings left (2 complete sets left I think...I picked up a set) It's not listed on the website, just tell him to look at the bag of stuff on the right side of his desk

Seems like a lot of combos of wings to try before the nats

Steve
Old 08-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Just in Time for Nats

I found a bunch of my F1 stuff
All is new in package
And it all can be yours.
I'll be at nats I can deliver them there

5 sets 53128 F1 front HBR Medium sponge tires $10.00 ea
5 sets 53129 F1 rear HBR Soft sponge tires $10.00 ea
5 sets 53134 F1 front HBR Soft sponge tires $10.00 ea

3 sets F+R Lotus 107B wing sets (50501 + 50502) these include stickers and some harware $17.50 set
1 set F+R Sauber C12 wing sets (50524 + 50525) these include stickers and some harware $17.50 set
8 sets 50501 Lotus 107B Bumper Wing set (front) $7.50 ea
8 sets 50524 Sauber C12 Bumper Wing set (front) $7.50 ea
6 sets 50543 Ferrari 412T1 Bumper Wing set (front) $7.50 ea

6 sets 53148 F1 Carbon Graphite Friction Plates (F103 Chassis) $5.00 ea

Last but not least mostly for the Shelf queens
3 sets F+R Intergrated Slicks (53138 Hard F1 Front + 53139 Medium F1 Rear) $40.00 set

PM me we can work out the details.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Call your hotel and make arrangements to have them shipped there
Old 08-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamstrc
I know Jeff over at Speed Tech's got a few of the Sauber front and rear wings left (2 complete sets left I think...I picked up a set) It's not listed on the website, just tell him to look at the bag of stuff on the right side of his desk

Seems like a lot of combos of wings to try before the nats

Steve
..... I moved that bag to the counter area. Actually, I sold out a couple weeks ago. I believe the old wing sets have been discontinued, too.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr

simply put i was at the tcs race at madness and qualified 4th in mini. if i went head to head with that guy ray k and we both run motors the way its supposed to be. i can promise he would not have even been on the lead lap. as far as john brown's ability i'm sure he would be right there too! i had no horsepower. i still qual less than one lap down with a 12.00 dollar motor! watch the video on the race and you will see the line he drove was all over the place. it is because of the crazy power that he had that should not be allowed! john brown is the biggest advocate for tcs and i support him 1000%. ask anybody that saw the race and if they disagree the are pure bull$#!t
i will end it at that!!!!!

sincerely the truth
chris palermo
Old 08-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
get cher popcorn... peanuts....
I'll take a bag of popcorn (light on the butter please!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.