Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Novice painter, old racer

Originally Posted by Hebiki

kinda has that "old photograph" look to it doesnt it? sorry i didnt spend much time on it.
Yo Chris, I think it looks better your way. The Pactra paint I used (mistake #1) came out of the can so "red" it was neon pink. Plus I had to back it with orange to get it to match the "florescent red" Plasticote (mistake #2) I used on the wing ends. If I had used Tamiya's own vinyl as well as their new florescent red, it'd have looked like your filters made it. Now if you could just edit out the "monster truck" in the background...
Old 08-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default Motoring, what's your price for flight

hmmmm blind motor draw for GT2?
Fascinating. Because we can't trust the guys who all wanted to go to BL motors because everybody thought it would bring an end to the motor monkey business, now we have to consider handouts or blind motor draws in the "upper classes" too. I think you're right, C; it's just sad that that might be what it takes, not to end the complaining because sometimes you have to complain about what Granpa was describing, the sort of guys who put "spec battery" shrink wrap on illegal batteries to win a spec-level club race. But because at this level, where guys are competing for the trip to Nippon, we have to get increasingly militant about guys with surprises in their shorts pockets and secrets in their chassis, we may have to resort to the strictest rules. It's really pretty sad. And requires vigilant and knowledgable people at the tech table, too.
Then there's F1, where we get to take our motors back to our tables. Bwah hah hah hah hah. Hope everyone noticed how strictly FMW had to write the rules for F1 motors. I sort of wish he'd mandated we turn those in to tech each race, too, but then the tech table would be eternally crowded with people burning each other with soldering irons and insisting that their drops were bushing oil, not comm drops. And besides, we're competing for boasting rights, not a valuable prize. Still, won't be surprised if by end of Nats weekend some F1 driver is caught with something.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

If anyone is looking, I have a NIP Castrol Supra...drop me a PM. I also have 2 more NIB untouched-unglued OG B tires/wheels (the good ones!) $35 per box of 4
Old 08-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
If anyone is looking, I have a NIP Castrol Supra...drop me a PM. I also have 2 more NIB untouched-unglued OG B tires/wheels (the good ones!) $35 per box of 4
dibs on the B tires. (here we go again with the paypal.)
Old 08-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

looks good! sucks only having Photoshop 5.5 at work. cant wai to get CS4

i used to have so much fun making people look younger... doing "plastic" surgery on their chins. but like you said.. no time. too busy sleeping or playing video games.
I am stuck on CS2 well for now anyway.

I have done my share of touchup work, doing the old photo's from early family is the coolest. Stuff that you think is bad can come to life with a decent scanner and photoshop filtering. I wish I had your life for a day, I need sleep and a intense video game fixxxx. . .
Old 08-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I really need a pair of Med fronts for this weekend, can anyone help me out?

I'll be hittin the Tamiya track this Saturday, $20 for a pair of donuts only sound fair?
Can't hurt to ask, right?
Scored some, thanks
Granpa, newer HBR Med. fronts.
Ran em on the carpet with the older HBR Soft rears and feel pretty well balanced front to rear.
And thanks MD for the older version pair, can't wait to get em.
I'm anxious to compare the old Medium with the new Medium front tires on the asphalt at Tamiya.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:34 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Attention Mini Racers:

New Tech procedures for the TCS Finals.

1. All Mini class racers are not allowed to show up to tech with loose fitting clothing. This includes their pit crews. If you do not have tight fitting clothing, we will provide it for you. The people from Jordache jeans have graciously donated clothing for the event. If you prefer to wear shorts the people from Dolphin shorts have also donated some fine apparel.

2. Prior to entering the installation area, you will be scanned, magic wanned and padded down for the following prohibited items: rare earth magnets, comm drops and common sense.

I hope these measures will ensure a fun and level playing field to all the attendees.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FMW
Attention Mini Racers:

1. All Mini class racers are not allowed to show up to tech with loose fitting clothing. This includes their pit crews. If you do not have tight fitting clothing, we will provide it for you. The people from Jordache jeans have graciously donated clothing for the event. If you prefer to wear shorts the people from Dolphin shorts have also donated some fine apparel.

2. Prior to entering the installation area, you will be scanned, magic wanned and padded down for the following prohibited items: rare earth magnets, comm drops and common sense.

I hope these measures will ensure a fun and level playing field to all the attendees.

Fred,

You couldn't arrange anything from Speedo? or even OP?

Darn, guess I won't decide to race this year. no fun!
Old 08-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs

Originally Posted by FMW
Attention Mini Racers:

is this for real?
Old 08-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry but this is getting Retarded...........
Old 08-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Attention Mini Racers:

1. All Mini class racers are not allowed to show up to tech with loose fitting clothing. This includes their pit crews. If you do not have tight fitting clothing, we will provide it for you. The people from Jordache jeans have graciously donated clothing for the event. If you prefer to wear shorts the people from Speedo have also donated some fine apparel.

2. Prior to entering the installation area, you will be scanned, magic wanned and alien probed for the following prohibited items: rare earth magnets, boners, thongs and comm drops .

What the???
Old 08-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Funniest post in a while....

Thanks for the Laughs Fred...
Old 08-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Surely, you jest. Mini racing is devoid of "monkey business" at the club level is simply not true. Where do you think all this crap comes from??? It comes from guys who have been doing their "thing" at the local level, then getting caught in tech at the Nationals. This isn't just in Mini. You should hear the brushless TC guys bitching about all the motor shenanigans going on with those motors.

Cheating at something like r/c car racing is like cheating your friends in a penny ante poker game. I"ll never be able to understand it. This is just a personal feeling, but people like that are among the lowest of the low. They'll receive from me all the courtesies of polite society, but will never have my respect, trust or recommendation. Perhaps not valuable to them or maybe even to you, but it's very valuable to me. I extend it to only a few.
I wasnt going to post on this, but im just curious as to whats going on with the brushless motors?
There should be nothing in GT2 as there are only 2 legal motors and they are both fixed timing. If someone is swapping rotors, they should be DQ'd no ifs ands or buts. The list for GT1 is pretty specific too. If the problem is with the speed controls then they need to spec one that fits the bill.Until then all's fair in love and war.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i have a Ebbro 350R body set for sale if anyone is interested.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-body-set.html
Old 08-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
you will be scanned, magic wanned and padded down
And her name was Russel...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.