Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree820Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-31-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Hello everyone,

I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the TCS Finals along with some news and updates.

1. We have finally decided to stick to the original plan and keep the battery specifications as already written in the rules and drivers manual. Orion 2400 for Mini, Orion 3400 for GT-1, GT-2 and GT-3. F-1 is open TCS legal batteries and the same goes for the Spec class. We decided this was the best to keep costs down for the racers.
2. NEW! If you already own an Orion Experience 2400 or an Orion Carbon edition 3400, you may use it for the Finals. They donít have to be from last yearsí finals batch. They can be any one that youíve purchased at any time. However, we do need to inspect your battery and tag them with new security labels on Friday (practice day) or Saturday before you go out and race. Donít think you can sneak a 3400 into a 2400 case. They weigh noticeably different and we will weigh them to make sure. No funny business. If you want to buy fresh batteries we will have plenty for everyone. The 2400 will sell for $30.00 and the 3400 will sell for $55.00 Motors: 540-J $15.00, Sport Tuned $20.00, Formula tuned $20.00, Formula Tuned Racing Brush $3.00 and bullet connectors for Mini and GT-3 are $3.00. This includes tax.
3. New! Sign ups for the TCS Finals will open next week. August 5 or so. You must sign up online prior to August 28th
4. New! You must pre-purchase your Spec motors and batteries prior to August 26th. In order to make things easier for everyone, youíll be able to do this Online when you register for the event. Payment can be done with Pay Pal and if you donít have Pay Pal, you should be able to use your regular credit card. As an extra bonus we will be sending you a coupon code in your entry confirmation email. This coupon code will give you 30% off retail(pending final approval) on the purchase of tires, wheels and body sets. Things you need and use =) Note: When you purchase your Spec items they will not be shipped to you. We will hold them until Saturday morning when you check-in. The bonus discounted items will be shipped to you right away. The Spec items will only be sold online through the TCS Shopping page and the bonus items can be purchased through the regular Tamiya site.

I hope this information is helpful to everyone and I canít wait to try the new Tamiya Track surface tomorrow. Itís my hope to bring you the best TCS Finals ever and I would like to dedicate this one to a good friend that passed away last night (David Beale, 2000 TCS F-1 Champion) I will miss him immensely as he was a good and honest friend.

FM
Sounds great, Fred! Thanks for getting it all cleared up with plenty of time to spare. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FMW
Hello everyone,

I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the TCS Finals along with some news and updates.

1. We have finally decided to stick to the original plan and keep the battery specifications as already written in the rules and drivers manual. Orion 2400 for Mini, Orion 3400 for GT-1, GT-2 and GT-3. F-1 is open TCS legal batteries and the same goes for the Spec class. We decided this was the best to keep costs down for the racers.
2. NEW! If you already own an Orion Experience 2400 or an Orion Carbon edition 3400, you may use it for the Finals. They donít have to be from last yearsí finals batch. They can be any one that youíve purchased at any time. However, we do need to inspect your battery and tag them with new security labels on Friday (practice day) or Saturday before you go out and race. Donít think you can sneak a 3400 into a 2400 case. They weigh noticeably different and we will weigh them to make sure. No funny business. If you want to buy fresh batteries we will have plenty for everyone. The 2400 will sell for $30.00 and the 3400 will sell for $55.00 Motors: 540-J $15.00, Sport Tuned $20.00, Formula tuned $20.00, Formula Tuned Racing Brush $3.00 and bullet connectors for Mini and GT-3 are $3.00. This includes tax.
3. New! Sign ups for the TCS Finals will open next week. August 5 or so. You must sign up online prior to August 28th
4. New! You must pre-purchase your Spec motors and batteries prior to August 26th. In order to make things easier for everyone, youíll be able to do this Online when you register for the event. Payment can be done with Pay Pal and if you donít have Pay Pal, you should be able to use your regular credit card. As an extra bonus we will be sending you a coupon code in your entry confirmation email. This coupon code will give you 30% off retail(pending final approval) on the purchase of tires, wheels and body sets. Things you need and use =) Note: When you purchase your Spec items they will not be shipped to you. We will hold them until Saturday morning when you check-in. The bonus discounted items will be shipped to you right away. The Spec items will only be sold online through the TCS Shopping page and the bonus items can be purchased through the regular Tamiya site.

I hope this information is helpful to everyone and I canít wait to try the new Tamiya Track surface tomorrow. Itís my hope to bring you the best TCS Finals ever and I would like to dedicate this one to a good friend that passed away last night (David Beale, 2000 TCS F-1 Champion) I will miss him immensely as he was a good and honest friend.

FM
Fred,
I agree this years race should be awesome, and thanks again for your assistance and dedication to get the new track surface a reality and taking the time to really think out all the issues that could come up in regards to the rules here? It certainly not an easy job and I commend you for your orgainization. I am sure there will be issues that come up but I would think racers will just chill out and just enjoy what I think will be some awesome racing in August.
Steve.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Just in case anyone wanted to see the new surface
I had a chance to test out the new surface today and found it to be very nice

tons of grip... without sauce
Old 08-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
Hello to all fans of TCS. It is with great sadness that I pass along this information, but I thought some of you might want to know. Yesterday we lost a past champion, David Beale past away Thursday evening after suffering a heart attack. David was the 2000 TCS Formula 1 champion. He was a true racer, an ambassador to the hobby, a mentor and an all around great friend. He spent countless hours at the track in Aliso Viejo where he raced, practiced, helped others, and made many friends. I think I can speak for us all when I say he will be deeply missed.

If anyone would like more information please feel free to contact me.
Thankful to have known David. He was fixture to racers at Aliso and always took time to just say hello. There are some face you just associate with r/c - his one of them. Will be missed.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What time does the gates usually open on Saturday ? I'm dying to try out the new track....
Old 08-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
What time does the gates usually open on Saturday ? I'm dying to try out the new track....
I heard 9 am.
I wanna drop in too.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

NATS funds sale...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tcs-ready.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...pec-ready.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...nip-cheap.html
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...s-nip-tcs.html
Old 08-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I heard 9 am.
I wanna drop in too.
Let me know if u guys can make next Saturday, I am eyeing up a generator that could handle at least five people's power demand. I know that a few guys that were at BCR Sunday have gens as well, we should have plenty of power for everyone that wants to check out the new track surface.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds good to me right at this moment.
If plans don't change between now and then I'll be on it.

Who else wants to do F1s Saturday?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:03 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New colors Tamiya Championship Series-new-tamiya-track.jpg
Old 08-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Fred... nice photoshop work! But then again... it looks too real!

HUWAWWW! Looks like something taken from the Bahrain F1 track... with all those sand traps in the middle! Good thing I'm teching; would really hate to catch sand in my eye while marshalling!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Any chance of getting an organized race program goin once in a while?

Maybe even open it to cars other than Tamiya?
The Viejo area would kill for a local race track.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Any chance of getting an organized race program goin once in a while?

Maybe even open it to cars other than Tamiya?
The Viejo area would kill for a local race track.
At the Tamiya track?
Dont hold your breath
Besides, thats sacrelige!, We are talking about Hallowed ground here

The RC gods caused the real estate collapse to make sure that the TA track would be around to host many a NAF for years to come!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FMW
would be cool to do it up like MagnyCours
Ill see if I can find a pic
Old 08-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
would be cool to do it up like MagnyCours
Ill see if I can find a pic
You know, something like this

That would be cool!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.