Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-31-2009, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
Hello to all fans of TCS. It is with great sadness that I pass along this information, but I thought some of you might want to know. Yesterday we lost a past champion, David Beale past away Thursday evening after suffering a heart attack. David was the 2000 TCS Formula 1 champion. He was a true racer, an ambassador to the hobby, a mentor and an all around great friend. He spent countless hours at the track in Aliso Viejo where he raced, practiced, helped others, and made many friends. I think I can speak for us all when I say he will be deeply missed.

If anyone would like more information please feel free to contact me.
Very sorry to hear this news. He will be missed. Please keep me informed regarding the services.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yesterday we lost a past champion, David Beale past away Thursday evening after suffering a heart attack. David was the 2000 TCS Formula 1 champion.
That is very sad, too young, he will be missed....
Old 07-31-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hello to all fans of TCS. It is with great sadness that I pass along this information, but I thought some of you might want to know. Yesterday we lost a past champion, David Beale past away Thursday evening after suffering a heart attack. David was the 2000 TCS Formula 1 champion. He was a true racer, an ambassador to the hobby, a mentor and an all around great friend. He spent countless hours at the track in Aliso Viejo where he raced, practiced, helped others, and made many friends. I think I can speak for us all when I say he will be deeply missed.

If anyone would like more information please feel free to contact me.
Dave was one of the greats, and a lot of fun to be around. I dont know how many people know this, but he was also involved with full size racing back in the glory days of CART, he was a very bright guy when it came to suspension setups. He will without a doubt be missed , Godspeed Dave!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:45 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dave was always a regular at the track and was always laughing and smiling every weekend when I would go to the track. He was always one of the "fast guys" who never hesitated to give me any help when i was first starting out no matter how busy he was. He will be missed.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

I was deeply saddened to hear the passing of Dave Beale, he was a great mentor and friend.

Watching him drive an F1 car was a sight to see as it seemed to come natural to him.

And his keen observations and insights of fellow racers on track and to help them improve with a treasure trove of valuable information were immeasurable. He will definitely be missed.

The Tamiya Championship Series has lost a legend today.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Default David Beale

I can remember sitting in tech with him @ one of the Reedy races.
Talking about racing.

He was a great guy, easy to talk to, and always gave great advice.

Maybe there can be something done to honor him at this years Nats.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RIP Dave Beale. You'll be dearly missed my friend. I'll never forget you..or the fact that you were blown away that I didn't battle you for position in 2000 which helped you catch Marty and Chen Hwa. Man you were so fast, so consistent I just couldn't justify holding you up. Then going to Brian's Sunday night to celebrate with you your win, the jokes about tobacco decals and Soapland... What a great time...

And then...

AND THEN...YOU loaned Chen Hwa the Senna Helmet the next year! You dirty-rotten so-and-so, lol. All I can say is that I will never forget you. This is not right or fair and I will miss you deeply brother
Old 07-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Nice guy....

i remember my first time at the tamiya track.. i had a brand new evoIII....

being the noob that i was.. i didnt use threadlock on the screws that went into the suspension blocks.

after a 5 min session... the rear suspension came part.. and i lost spacers, etc.

i asked Dave for the parts (being a noob, i didnt have spares). he gave me enough to rebuild my car.

i was able to continue practicing that day.....
Old 07-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
RIP Dave Beale. You'll be dearly missed my friend. I'll never forget you..or the fact that you were blown away that I didn't battle you for position in 2000 which helped you catch Marty and Chen Hwa. Man you were so fast, so consistent I just couldn't justify holding you up. Then going to Brian's Sunday night to celebrate with you your win, the jokes about tobacco decals and Soapland... What a great time...

And then...

AND THEN...YOU loaned Chen Hwa the Senna Helmet the next year! You dirty-rotten so-and-so, lol. All I can say is that I will never forget you. This is not right or fair and I will miss you deeply brother
So we now know why you lost! You cound't figure out how to pass the late great Ayrton Senna.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
So we now know why you lost! You cound't figure out how to pass the late great Ayrton Senna.
Well it was more of getting taken out and run off line, my tires picking up a ton of clag and Ayrton cutting the track and all...
Old 07-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My travels with David Beale - 2004 XMODS nationals in Atlanta:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...als0041_sm.jpg

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...als0045_sm.jpg

Old pics from the Xmods thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-series-5.html

Rest in Peace buddy.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ling, thanks for posting those pics. I got a smile for a moment
Old 07-31-2009, 05:38 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Ling,

I didn't know you had those pics. Thanks for that. Dave's smile is exactly how I always picture him in my head
Old 07-31-2009, 05:42 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by downtempo
That would be pretty much bad azz.
Yes true. Working out details and date, so it doesn't conflict with other F-1 R/C races coming up. Also working out adding the real F-1 knock out qualifying into RC Scoring Pro. Doug Hay of RC Scoring Pro is trying to incorporate this into the software.

Details to follow soon on a new thread........
Old 07-31-2009, 05:46 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the TCS Finals along with some news and updates.

1. We have finally decided to stick to the original plan and keep the battery specifications as already written in the rules and drivers manual. Orion 2400 for Mini, Orion 3400 for GT-1, GT-2 and GT-3. F-1 is open TCS legal batteries and the same goes for the Spec class. We decided this was the best to keep costs down for the racers.
2. NEW! If you already own an Orion Experience 2400 or an Orion Carbon edition 3400, you may use it for the Finals. They donít have to be from last yearsí finals batch. They can be any one that youíve purchased at any time. However, we do need to inspect your battery and tag them with new security labels on Friday (practice day) or Saturday before you go out and race. Donít think you can sneak a 3400 into a 2400 case. They weigh noticeably different and we will weigh them to make sure. No funny business. If you want to buy fresh batteries we will have plenty for everyone. The 2400 will sell for $30.00 and the 3400 will sell for $55.00 Motors: 540-J $15.00, Sport Tuned $20.00, Formula tuned $20.00, Formula Tuned Racing Brush $3.00 and bullet connectors for Mini and GT-3 are $3.00. This includes tax.
3. New! Sign ups for the TCS Finals will open next week. August 5 or so. You must sign up online prior to August 28th
4. New! You must pre-purchase your Spec motors and batteries prior to August 26th. In order to make things easier for everyone, youíll be able to do this Online when you register for the event. Payment can be done with Pay Pal and if you donít have Pay Pal, you should be able to use your regular credit card. As an extra bonus we will be sending you a coupon code in your entry confirmation email. This coupon code will give you 30% off retail(pending final approval) on the purchase of tires, wheels and body sets. Things you need and use =) Note: When you purchase your Spec items they will not be shipped to you. We will hold them until Saturday morning when you check-in. The bonus discounted items will be shipped to you right away. The Spec items will only be sold online through the TCS Shopping page and the bonus items can be purchased through the regular Tamiya site.

I hope this information is helpful to everyone and I canít wait to try the new Tamiya Track surface tomorrow. Itís my hope to bring you the best TCS Finals ever and I would like to dedicate this one to a good friend that passed away last night (David Beale, 2000 TCS F-1 Champion) I will miss him immensely as he was a good and honest friend.

FM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.