Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree821Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-24-2009, 09:38 AM
  #11356  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
linger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by minimadman2003

BTW, has anyone had a chance to weigh the 25C Orion 3400? How much more does it weigh than the 20C Orion 3200, if any?
Unless the Orion 3400 sticker weighs more than the 3200 sticker - those two packs weigh exactly the same because they use the exact same cell.

Originally Posted by A-Ko

With Lipo if you wanted you can over charge them as well making them another type of disposable battery ...
There is a voltage charge limit in place to prevent racers from overcharging.
linger is offline  
Old 07-24-2009, 12:32 PM
  #11357  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
OSherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: o0O In the FishBowl O0o
Posts: 3,602
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? Practice..

Is the Track open this weekend for practice?
OSherman is offline  
Old 07-24-2009, 03:40 PM
  #11358  
AWK
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by A-Ko
With Lipo if you wanted you can over charge them as well making them another type of disposable battery (I think I gave away Hebicki's secret ). I never ran the 2400 and would assume the 3400 would be close to the 3200s that I currently own. So if needing an edge, I would consider two cheaper batterys that if destroyed I don't really care about and can give away vs one that I might only buy one of and care a little about. Plus you never know that one battery you buy, might be a lemon thus quadrupling the costs...
We are not going to mess around with safety. DO NOT OVER CHARGE YOUR LIPO PACKS PERIOD.

O - yes the track is open this weekend. Bring out your orange mini box
AWK is offline  
Old 07-24-2009, 08:56 PM
  #11359  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by linger
There is a voltage charge limit in place to prevent racers from overcharging.
I understand that.

Originally Posted by CarKing
We are not going to mess around with safety. DO NOT OVER CHARGE YOUR LIPO PACKS PERIOD.
I understand that.

Although in the seriousness of the competition people are known to do things to try and get an edge.

On the subject of the 3400 vs 2400 I would consider buying 2 regardless to not get stuck with maybe a bad battery. Been there done that with the nats in the past. If Tamiya finds a battery that will be around for 2 or 3 years then I am all for it and would resist the urge to unload them.
A-Ko is offline  
Old 07-24-2009, 10:03 PM
  #11360  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I understand that.



I understand that.

Although in the seriousness of the competition people are known to do things to try and get an edge.

On the subject of the 3400 vs 2400 I would consider buying 2 regardless to not get stuck with maybe a bad battery. Been there done that with the nats in the past. If Tamiya finds a battery that will be around for 2 or 3 years then I am all for it and would resist the urge to unload them.
A-ko.. you cant get away with overcharging them at Regionals or Nats because they check the voltage at Tech. EVEN if you charge it to the limit of 8.44... im pretty sure the 0.04v advantage gets burned up during the warm up lap.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 PM
  #11361  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,908
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Hey Tamiya guys,

Been havin trouble gettin F1 parts locally,
got a couple orders in to the overseas shops but nothin due in til mid week.

I'm needing some soft or medium rear foams or premounts for racing tomorrow at West Coast RC.
Could also use a 24 or 25 Tamiya pinion
104 spur
Steel axle or ???
If anyone is willing to sell any of these parts and will be at Tamiya tomorrow I'd gladly stop by and buy them.

I'm desperate for the rear tires.

I'll check back here occasionally til late am tomorrow, any help or tips on local suppliers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Craig Hammon
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 07-24-2009, 11:15 PM
  #11362  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: West of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,979
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
A-ko.. you cant get away with overcharging them at Regionals or Nats because they check the voltage at Tech. EVEN if you charge it to the limit of 8.44... im pretty sure the 0.04v advantage gets burned up during the warm up lap.
Although the 0.04v also might get burned up with the two 1-1/2" fans running while waiting on the line....
A-Ko is offline  
Old 07-25-2009, 03:33 AM
  #11363  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
TeamB&B's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,177
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

TCS Help Available

Randy and I will be at Glen Burnie today to help anybody with their TCS cars in preparation for tomorrow's race.
  • GT1
  • GT2
  • GT3
  • Spec
  • F1
We will also bring:
  • Tire truer and special arbor for F1
  • Motor dyno for those silver cans
TeamB&B is offline  
Old 07-25-2009, 06:49 AM
  #11364  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Palmdale
Posts: 3,658
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Hey Tamiya guys,

Been havin trouble gettin F1 parts locally,
got a couple orders in to the overseas shops but nothin due in til mid week.

I'm needing some soft or medium rear foams or premounts for racing tomorrow at West Coast RC.
Could also use a 24 or 25 Tamiya pinion
104 spur
Steel axle or ???
If anyone is willing to sell any of these parts and will be at Tamiya tomorrow I'd gladly stop by and buy them.

I'm desperate for the rear tires.

I'll check back here occasionally til late am tomorrow, any help or tips on local suppliers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Craig Hammon
Hey dude....

I switched over to 64 pitch on all my F103's .... you are more then welcome to have my Tamiya pinions... not sure what sizes I have , but I've got 4 or 5 of them... next time you see me just hit me up... I'll be at WCRC Sat, and Camarillo Sun...
lightfoot is offline  
Old 07-25-2009, 07:02 AM
  #11365  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
BrowniesHobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Staten Island New York
Posts: 735
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Silver can motor

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
TCS Help Available

Randy and I will be at Glen Burnie today to help anybody with their TCS cars in preparation for tomorrow's race.
  • GT1
  • GT2
  • GT3
  • Spec
  • F1
We will also bring:
  • Tire truer and special arbor for F1
  • Motor dyno for those silver cans
Does this mean there will be an official tech of the motors?? If so I'm very impressed
BrowniesHobbies is offline  
Old 07-25-2009, 08:54 AM
  #11366  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,908
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Charles,
I'm goin to West Coast today too, I appreciate the help, I'll buy em for sure.
That way I'll probably have a combo for even runnin a silver can
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 07-25-2009, 08:59 PM
  #11367  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
TeamB&B's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,177
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BrowniesHobbies
Does this mean there will be an official tech of the motors?? If so I'm very impressed
You will be more impressed because there is no RPM limit at Glen Burnie. Never was and never will be.
TeamB&B is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 01:51 PM
  #11368  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (110)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,299
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

So what was ths final call for mini at the NATS??? 2400, 3400? New? Used??
Core Creations is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 04:07 PM
  #11369  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
I'm open to the idea if it helps get more racers out there to enjoy the weekend. I just hope the tech process can weed out those that try to take advantage of situation.

But a slight clarifications:
I am assuming you are saying those that own the SAME batteries as the rules dictate for each class? The same, or equal to or less (in the case where someone wants to run a 2400 in GT1, 2, or 3)?

Of course the most important question is, will it impact the deal you can get us on the batteries? I myself was looking forward to adding to my Lipo collection with a good deal like last year.
Yes, the battery used must be the battery specified for the class, whether I decise to make everyone buy fresh or use the one's they already have.

If the 3200's and 3400 weigh the same I'm not quite sure why you would want to sneak a 3200 in?
FMW is offline  
Old 07-26-2009, 04:09 PM
  #11370  
FMW
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 844
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Sounds to me no one is that concerned about letting people use Orion batteries (class specific ones of course) that they already own.
FMW is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.