Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-23-2009, 06:18 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No one will mess with GT-1, GT-2 or GT-3

The idea of letting people use last years batteries (if they still have them) or let new racers (who may already own those batteries) is something I have been pondering over the last few days.

It's actaully quite simple as it accomplishes many things given the econmics of our world at the moment.

1. It makes the event cheaper for those who already own and gives them more money in their pocket to buy me Starbucks in the morning.

2. It would still be a fair race as these batteries will be inspected Saturday morning. We will use new ID tags to re-tag racers existing batteries and we will weigh the batteries to make sure they are what they are supposed to be.

Does this sound fair and economic to you all? I'm curious. Drop bomb here:
Old 07-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW

The idea of letting people use last years batteries (if they still have them) or let new racers (who may already own those batteries) is something I have been pondering over the last few days.

It's actaully quite simple as it accomplishes many things given the econmics of our world at the moment.

1. It makes the event cheaper for those who already own and gives them more money in their pocket to buy me Starbucks in the morning.

2. It would still be a fair race as these batteries will be inspected Saturday morning. We will use new ID tags to re-tag racers existing batteries and we will weigh the batteries to make sure they are what they are supposed to be.

Sounds good.
Keep the spirit of economy with the mini and stay with 3400 for the rest. So the decision has been made and lets play call of duty now, so I can kill FMW over and over and over again.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW

I'm open to the idea if it helps get more racers out there to enjoy the weekend. I just hope the tech process can weed out those that try to take advantage of situation.

But a slight clarifications:
I am assuming you are saying those that own the SAME batteries as the rules dictate for each class? The same, or equal to or less (in the case where someone wants to run a 2400 in GT1, 2, or 3)?

Of course the most important question is, will it impact the deal you can get us on the batteries? I myself was looking forward to adding to my Lipo collection with a good deal like last year.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW

that would great if that happened and i also think it will save racers money.everybody is worried about the money issue and this might be the best answer,and fred you do not need anymore starbucks

Jon McLean
Old 07-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
I'm open to the idea if it helps get more racers out there to enjoy the weekend. I just hope the tech process can weed out those that try to take advantage of situation.

But a slight clarifications:
I am assuming you are saying those that own the SAME batteries as the rules dictate for each class? The same, or equal to or less (in the case where someone wants to run a 2400 in GT1, 2, or 3)?

Of course the most important question is, will it impact the deal you can get us on the batteries? I myself was looking forward to adding to my Lipo collection with a good deal like last year.
come see me after nats... ill gladly sell you my batts at a homie discount.

last year's batts i gave to the winner of the rookie class at oc circuit.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

the TCS race in enfield, CT is in 2 weeks, is anybody talking about it?
I called Chris today at r/c madness and he confirmed it was still on. I guess
there will be assphalt at the new facility even though he has not moved there. It's kind of sketchy.

Anyways if it actually does happen, how is tech? In GT1 do you have to use
tamiya tires & wheels?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey I know this is random but is it legal to paint the windows black in TCS races? I can't remember for sure, but bodies I have used in the past came with stickers to represent the windows so I figured it was legal. Thanks
Old 07-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
tamiya tires & wheels?
Yep....ALL TAMIYA, ALL THE TIME!

Check out the rules for GT1 on the Tamiya USA site for more details.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki

Hey Chris,

I thought you were donating this years batteries to me and My RC Godson.

Now your selling them, what's up with that?
Old 07-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Hey Chris,

You still don't know Chris up to now?
Old 07-24-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki

I wouldn't want you to lose your reputation of generosity, Chris. So you just go ahead and hand them out for free like Robin Hood again.

BTW, has anyone had a chance to weigh the 25C Orion 3400? How much more does it weigh than the 20C Orion 3200, if any?

Last edited by minimadman2003; 07-24-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW

I like the idea of saving money with a battery that can be used year after year, assuming the manufacturer keeps selling it. I think it was the 3400 that replaced the 3200 which I still run.

A train of thought I had is the Nats usually has always been a disposable battery. Meaning in the past with NiMH it was a battery I did not dare to run on local club racing because of voltage was not good enough and for some people, they might have over charged it. Usually I gave mine away.

With Lipo if you wanted you can over charge them as well making them another type of disposable battery (I think I gave away Hebicki's secret ). I never ran the 2400 and would assume the 3400 would be close to the 3200s that I currently own. So if needing an edge, I would consider two cheaper batterys that if destroyed I don't really care about and can give away vs one that I might only buy one of and care a little about. Plus you never know that one battery you buy, might be a lemon thus quadrupling the costs...
Old 07-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Hey Chris,

he doesnt use anything below 40C.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
I wouldn't want you to lose your reputation of generosity, Chris. So you just go ahead and hand them out for free like Robin Hood again.

BTW, has anyone had a chance to weigh the 25C Orion 3400? How much more does it weigh than the 20C Orion 3200, if any?
hehe... i guess they dont have "homie" discounts where you're from

3400s weigh between 195g - 199g. From several people who have weighed them for me.

A ThunderPower 5000 pack weighs 300g for reference
Old 07-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
the TCS race in enfield, CT is in 2 weeks, is anybody talking about it?
I called Chris today at r/c madness and he confirmed it was still on. I guess
there will be assphalt at the new facility even though he has not moved there. It's kind of sketchy.

tamiya tires & wheels?
Don't worry it will happen, I started cleaning up the area last Sunday and will finish it next week when I get back from Glen Burnie. The surface has plenty of traction, I tried all my cars, F1, Mini & GT-2, and they all hooked up fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.