Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crashby
I'll be at the Nationals along with Jay and maybe Tim who finished 2nd. By the way, Tim's car was bone stock right out of the box. He did not even have oil filled shocks. He built his motor in the pits on Sunday morning. Just imagine what he will do with a "real" race car!!!! Hand out motors at the Nationals makes for a great equalizer!!!
Ahhh yes little grasshopper bring the young cricket with you and we shall show him the meaning of OLD 60'Ds Good racing with you again Ashby hope to see you guys for nationals oh and by the way he did have oil filled shocks becuase he was building a set for his car and asked me what I was running Its gonna be fun I wish you guys could make it for the regional down here. Tell Jay I said hi and tell him to quit smokin the devils lettuce. j/k Oh and one more thing remember we have all switched to the rear wheel drive M04 down here cuz its dialed at tamiya so leave your front wheel cars at home and go buy an M04 True story
Old 06-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Ahhh yes little grasshopper bring the young cricket with you and we shall show him the meaning of OLD 60'Ds Good racing with you again Ashby hope to see you guys for nationals oh and by the way he did have oil filled shocks becuase he was building a set for his car and asked me what I was running Its gonna be fun I wish you guys could make it for the regional down here. Tell Jay I said hi and tell him to quit smokin the devils lettuce. j/k Oh and one more thing remember we have all switched to the rear wheel drive M04 down here cuz its dialed at tamiya so leave your front wheel cars at home and go buy an M04 True story
your are right I had two oil filled shocks I found one set in my box of mini stuff the $15.00 set so I still would not realy call them oil filled heck I could not even adjust them but for the two round it was all box stock with damper all around, I belive I built the car 3 years ago with 50,000 diff lube in the dampers as I was running it on carpet and oil would leak thru them. I also built the motor sunday with a 1m water dip and then put it on the motormaster with a fan till the main then put in the car. So 60d is the way to go and rear wheel is the way to go I will have to order one
Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tpczx6
your are right I had two oil filled shocks I found one set in my box of mini stuff the $15.00 set so I still would not realy call them oil filled heck I could not even adjust them but for the two round it was all box stock with damper all around, I belive I built the car 3 years ago with 50,000 diff lube in the dampers as I was running it on carpet and oil would leak thru them. I also built the motor sunday with a 1m water dip and then put it on the motormaster with a fan till the main then put in the car. So 60d is the way to go and rear wheel is the way to go I will have to order one
You buy that M04 Tim.Brandon is the man.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

CAn't wait until Aliso oh yeah Brumblay said he was comin down who else is making the trek to Socal?

after much planning, I will be making the trek to Socal
Old 06-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
ordered it last night
Old 06-10-2009, 08:14 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Notso
It is too bad the race was run in such a crappy location TCS should be run on real tracks when available not parking lots with painted lines, arrows, and greasy oil all over the place.
Glen Burnie, if you took time to notice, doesnt fall completely under your generalization. First off that portion of the parking lot is rarely used by patrons of the Shopping Center b/c its a fair walk to any store. Also b/c it has been blocked off for so long so often people just dont park there. Most folks in area know thats where they race 'toy cars'.

Also if you took time to notice, they laid a new fresh slab of asphalt there for the track. while still painted w/parking lines, its by far the newest bit of pavement for the entire center.

That and they sure have more fun than most. So put that in your 'proper track' pipe and smoke it HA!

R
Old 06-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tpczx6
ordered it last night
Tim!

Do not take any advice from Brandon!!! He is the evil mini-master who will lead you down the wrong path to his benefit. He speaks with forked tongue and his bag is filled with much bad ju-ju.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Tim needs no hopups, his hacking skills are phenomenon.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Crashby why do you have to be so mean. I told you to bring your short chassis to nationals and look what won a short chassis. Tim trust me you need to go get a rear wheel drive car if you haven't tried it then you can never truly understand the unique design and handling of it. Oh yes the 60D's work the best at tamiya just make sure you have the right ones Hicks I can't beleive when someone of my kind heartdness tries to help a fellow racer and I get grief iam not feeling the love. Oh and one more thing Tim your car for what it was handled awesome I was impressed.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
The M04 MUST be good, Hicks got beat by one at nationals the year he TQ'ed.....
Old 06-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
The M04 MUST be good, Hicks got beat by one at nationals the year he TQ'ed.....
WOW James I would be careful John has you by a few pounds. By the way congrats on your wins so is the rumor true were you running a black ring novak or did you play by the rules
Old 06-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Yellow ring motor, 100% legal.... Juan wouldn't let me borrow his 17.314159 motors from the Reedy..
Old 06-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

No problem just asking glad to hear it btw what were you geared at in the main?
Old 06-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
Yellow ring motor, 100% legal.... Juan wouldn't let me borrow his 17.314159 motors from the Reedy..
should have asked.. i have a yellow ring illegal rotor that looks legal 17.49 motor with 50deg of timing....
Old 06-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

No problem just asking glad to hear it btw what were you geared at in the main?
Geared right around 4 flat, give or take a tooth.

-James

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.