Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't have the other classes but I just happen to have the mini A main reults here they are -
Qualifying order top three
1. Ken Brumblay
2. Brandon Koslosky
3. Austin Brumblay

Finish

1. Brandon Koslosky19 laps 5:10.243 fast lap 16.090 Granpa Motor Power
2. Tim Copp 18 laps 5:01.236 fast lap 16.612 His own motor
3. Ken Brumblay 18 laps 5:04.999 fast lap 16.387 His own motor
4. Steve Ashby 18 laps 5:07.905 fast lap 16.735 Red Dot
5. Ian Francisco 18 laps 5:12.446 fast lap 16.776 Brumblay Motor Works
6. Peter Craig (PC) 17 laps 5:00.515 fast lap 17.102 Grandpa Motor Power
7. Jaime Manzanilla 17 laps 5:02.330 fast lap 16.686 ?
8. Jim Rose 17 laps 5:02.421 fast lap 16.399 ?
9. John Balatico 17 laps 5:07.272 fast lap 16.934 ?
10. Austin Brumblay 9 laps 2:41.215 fast lap 17.071

It was an awesome weekend of racing except for the announcing and negativity of the people running the race. I hope Norcal Hobbies gets the race next year cuz I will be there but if the same people run it again I would rather not go. I don't want to sound ungracious becuase Tamiya even with the way they have cut back financially still puts this series together on and I thank them very much but with out sugar coating it or bashing either. Cathy has no right to be behind the microphone or run a race like that in my opinion. I think the majority of everyone there would agree with me and if you don't by all means you are entitled to your opinion as well. It was alot of fun seeing the Norcal guys again especially Steve Ashby, Jay, Brumblay & Son as well as some other socal guys PC, The Passells and to who ever else I forgot. The track was great on saturday and then the " Expierienced " race director decided to spray the track again and there was no need so we lost about an hour and a half of practice. So the racing was tight for mini Ken threw done an awesome qualifier in both rounds but rolled it in the main on the second lap and then the pile up and bashing insued. I know that John Hicks walked away with F1 and Steve Hickman took GT3 and I can't remember the rest. Thanks again to Fred & Andrew and all the others at Tamiya for getting the race together maybe next year we can take it back to Norcal where the announcer doesn't spend 4 out of the five minutes of a race monitoring the spectators and telling them 26 times to stand back 5 FEET from the track. Anyways just $1.35
Old 06-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs

congrats to all of the winners,was a fun time coming down from seattle and i do agree with brandon the track should have been left alone.thanks to lee and his dad for the pit space this weekend and to everybody else it was fun seeing every body again,hope to make it for nationals later this year.

Jon McLean
Old 06-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Brandon!

Good job waxing the Norcal crew......AGAIN! Maybe I should have ran so you would have had someone to race FTW.Those guys are too funny.

Also nice SHOES you were wearing.Thats right. Brandon was wearing shoes.BTW you spelled Kathy's name wrong on the bottom.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Notso
It is too bad the race was run in such a crappy location TCS should be run on real tracks when available not parking lots with painted lines, arrows, and greasy oil all over the place. .
Some clubs and locations cannot afford a "real track" be happy you don't have to drive 12 hours or fly to one of these races to get a your fix. Last I checked Glen Burnie and Memphis you could argue share similar conditions that you stated. Glen Burnie I think has lines and Memphis track will even weep for you because of all the "fast cars" (rain). It is not about the conditions, everybody is in the same boat, it is about the racing! I know my summer racing probably has worse conditions than what is in the TCS series.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

That was a very diplomatic response.
Originally Posted by A-Ko
Some clubs and locations cannot afford a "real track" be happy you don't have to drive 12 hours or fly to one of these races to get a your fix. Last I checked Glen Burnie and Memphis you could argue share similar conditions that you stated. Glen Burnie I think has lines and Memphis track will even weep for you because of all the "fast cars" (rain). It is not about the conditions, everybody is in the same boat, it is about the racing! I know my summer racing probably has worse conditions than what is in the TCS series.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

did arluck win GT1? who won GT2?

Brandon...awesome race report.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Arluck won both gt1 and gt2.
Originally Posted by Hebiki
did arluck win GT1? who won GT2?

Brandon...awesome race report.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by racenut123
Arluck won both gt1 and gt2.
he must have been dying from not racing the Reedy race and opened up a can of wh00p a$$.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by subaru73
congrats to all of the winners,was a fun time coming down from seattle and i do agree with brandon the track should have been left alone.thanks to lee and his dad for the pit space this weekend and to everybody else it was fun seeing every body again,hope to make it for nationals later this year.

Jon McLean
Hows about ... Congrats to all that made it there and please remember , A bad day at the track is way better than any day at work.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Results are posted here.http://www.rcracing.com/RaceResultsD...33.txt&ID=3211
Originally Posted by Hebiki
he must have been dying from not racing the Reedy race and opened up a can of wh00p a$$.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by racenut123
i heard james used a black ring 17.5 novak.

[/will stop causing trouble now]
Old 06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Suprisingly there were a few GT-1 or 2 cars that smoked up and two GT-3 cars. We did a MPH straight away read with Mickeys radar gun and Ken brumblays mini hit 27 MPH it averaged between 25 and 26 MPH mine was clocked at like 26 and averaged 25 MPH. We also clocked Steve Ashby's car which was running a Red Dot and he hit 23 MPH with a 22 average. The mini's were rippin this weekend Austin almost out TQ'd his dad and in fact Ken was on pace for 19 laps with a 5:14 in his 2nd qual but one of those dots jumped out in front of his car. Thanks to Grandpa for packing my box with some horsepower there is no way I could have been competitive with ken and austin with out GRANDPA MOTOR POWER. Alot of fun talkin smack with the norcal guys and the racing was sweet when you could actually hear yourself think due to the overwhelming decibles and quanity of announcing directed at the people watching and then hearing her talk about Hot Bodies cars and how good they are. CAn't wait until Aliso oh yeah Brumblay said he was comin down who else is making the trek to Socal?
Old 06-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Wanted to go to the regional,but have a 2 day offroad race to run.Be nice to Ken and Austin.
Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Suprisingly there were a few GT-1 or 2 cars that smoked up and two GT-3 cars. We did a MPH straight away read with Mickeys radar gun and Ken brumblays mini hit 27 MPH it averaged between 25 and 26 MPH mine was clocked at like 26 and averaged 25 MPH. We also clocked Steve Ashby's car which was running a Red Dot and he hit 23 MPH with a 22 average. The mini's were rippin this weekend Austin almost out TQ'd his dad and in fact Ken was on pace for 19 laps with a 5:14 in his 2nd qual but one of those dots jumped out in front of his car. Thanks to Grandpa for packing my box with some horsepower there is no way I could have been competitive with ken and austin with out GRANDPA MOTOR POWER. Alot of fun talkin smack with the norcal guys and the racing was sweet when you could actually hear yourself think due to the overwhelming decibles and quanity of announcing directed at the people watching and then hearing her talk about Hot Bodies cars and how good they are. CAn't wait until Aliso oh yeah Brumblay said he was comin down who else is making the trek to Socal?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
I'll be at the Nationals along with Jay and maybe Tim who finished 2nd. By the way, Tim's car was bone stock right out of the box. He did not even have oil filled shocks. He built his motor in the pits on Sunday morning. Just imagine what he will do with a "real" race car!!!! Hand out motors at the Nationals makes for a great equalizer!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crashby
I'll be at the Nationals along with Jay and maybe Tim who finished 2nd. By the way, Tim's car was bone stock right out of the box. He did not even have oil filled shocks. He built his motor in the pits on Sunday morning. Just imagine what he will do with a "real" race car!!!! Hand out motors at the Nationals makes for a great equalizer!!!
Steve you forgot I also had Sgrips treded tires on also, thanks to Racenut123 I now have a few hopups to put on my car, Top of the line shocks and some alum parts, also A new body that was a prize for 2nd place my mini going to rock now
Steve when do we leave ?????

and I here we can run 2 clases right time to find a f103 to run

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.