Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rccardr
Jon, based on the number of Red Dot motors sold to people who will be participating in the Fremont race, it sounds like indeed there will be no motor limits. Should be fun- wish I could be there! Good luck to all!!!
Doc,
The Hickman Bros will be making the annual trip to Fremont TCS, will be arriving 6/5/09 in the PM. Hopefully we will give your Red Dots some competition in GT3 and F1?
Mr. Hinkley will be running GT3 and Mini this year @ FremontTCS, looking forword to race with all those Nor Cal Boys! used have some great battles up there in NorCal back in the 70s,80, and 90s in 1/12th scale and F1.
Union City last year was a battle in GT3 with Bruce and John Hicks!
The parking lot track near the Target is not bad bite if prepared well but I here it is getting pretty bumpy?
SH.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:52 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
I used to be a so cal guy grew up in Costa Mesa and Balboa Island, now living in VA. Can't you Aliso Drift Boys cut us some slack and give us transplanted East Coast guys some track time?
The way the property is now, that is not something we are able to do. Again, this is a regional and not a national. Consider it like a parking lot track that wouldn't be open on Thursday and Friday before the race.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whats wrong with Tamiya USA?
I ordered parts from a local hobby shop about a month ago and was assured that it was placed by the store owner and I still am waiting for them.
I also ordered some parts from Hong Kong on May 29th and got them already.(June 4th)
Less than 6 days from Hong Kong ! Someone please tell me why I would want to order from Tamiya USA !
My Team Magic Limited Edition is looking more and more like my primary race car.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

TamiyaUSA! Why hath thou forsaken John St. Amant?!?!

<drops to knees> whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!!?
Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
I ordered parts from a local hobby shop about a month ago and was assured that it was placed by the store owner and I still am waiting for them.
I also ordered some parts from Hong Kong on May 29th and got them already.(June 4th)
Less than 6 days from Hong Kong ! Someone please tell me why I would want to order from Tamiya USA !
My Team Magic Limited Edition is looking more and more like my primary race car.
i dunno, maybe its just you.

i ordered direct from TamiyaUSA.. some arms, chubs... a 416WCE...and Fred personally hand delivered it to my house 90 mins after i submitted my order. he said he would have gotten to my house sooner, but there was traffic on the 55freeway.

i didnt pick "express delivery" so he didnt use the toll roads.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:03 AM
AWK
Tech Master

If you order parts through the hobby shop, they usually go through their distributor since it is cheaper. That is an issue you would have to take up with them and not us. If it is in stock on our website, then we have it. Placing an order with the hobby store is not the same as placing and order directly through our website.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CarKing
If you order parts through the hobby shop, they usually go through their distributor since it is cheaper. That is an issue you would have to take up with them and not us. If it is in stock on our website, then we have it. Placing an order with the hobby store is not the same as placing and order directly through our website.
Sorry about that ... I just assumed since thats where we got the parts info from .... My bad. But umm.... geez man, I've been waiting for parts for my awesome 416 and its getting frustrating sitting here with all the almost all the parts for a diff and a replacement one way . Where do the distributors get .. Or not get .. their parts from?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I dunno, i think you're barking up the wrong tree. Us west coast guys are lucky enough to have Fred personally bring us our goodies, but I don't know about the rest of the country.

Maybe you should ask your hobby shop and/or their distributor and see how it works...

Or better yet, open a hobby shop yourself and see how "easy" it all is.

Then you may become enlightened.

Blasting Tamiya USA on the TCS forum might not bet the best way is all I'm saying.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:51 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Sorry about that ... I just assumed since thats where we got the parts info from .... My bad. But umm.... geez man, I've been waiting for parts for my awesome 416 and its getting frustrating sitting here with all the almost all the parts for a diff and a replacement one way . Where do the distributors get .. Or not get .. their parts from?
Well the distributors buy from us, but all distributors do not carry every part for obvious reasons. Let me ask you for two pieces of information:
1. what is your hobby stores name and location
2. what part are you looking for (part number please!)

Once I get that from you, i will see what I can do for you. Glad you think the car is awesome though
Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Tamiya America will be hosting an M-Chassis enduro on the 18th of July at our Aliso Viejo facility! The 2009 M-Chassis Challange will be 6 hours. We are limiting entries to 20 teams of 3 or more drivers. It is open to ALL M CHASSIS cars (M01 to M05). There will be prizes, and the fun of having 20 M chassis cars all on the track at the same time. Here is a link to the rules and the entry forum.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=405

Entries are filling up fast so get your teams together ASAP!

Roger Hewson
Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Well the distributors buy from us, but all distributors do not carry every part for obvious reasons. Let me ask you for two pieces of information:
1. what is your hobby stores name and location
2. what part are you looking for (part number please!)

Once I get that from you, i will see what I can do for you. Glad you think the car is awesome though
Larry's Performance R/C's in Sterling Heights MI

9804246 Diff bearing spacer
9804374 Diff Screw
3454520 One way housing

All for a 416.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Doc,
The Hickman Bros will be making the annual trip to Fremont TCS, will be arriving 6/5/09 in the PM.
Steve, the track opens at 9am on Saturday. Call me Friday night if you want, I'll be up til midnight.

Bring rain tires.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:58 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Larry's Performance R/C's in Sterling Heights MI

9804246 Diff bearing spacer
9804374 Diff Screw
3454520 One way housing

All for a 416.
Well I can tell you that they DO have an account with us, and the parts are in stock, but I see no orders from them for those parts. I would go speak with Larry about it. He is a good guy so I am surprised you don't have the parts yet.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Well I can tell you that they DO have an account with us, and the parts are in stock, but I see no orders from them for those parts. I would go speak with Larry about it. He is a good guy so I am surprised you don't have the parts yet.
They assured me they were ordered. Someone is messing with me.
So I get punished for trying to support my local hobby shop.
So be it.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
AWK
Tech Master

All better!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.