Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default bb

I have an old set of b2's from 2002 nats. Inside they say bb9 also. The original b's have only one b. My b3's have.....you guessed it three b's. Tamiya just repackaged the b2's that didn't sell and called them b's. Where in socal can I get a few sets? No one has them for sale online. No one local carries tamiya tires so I have to order everything. Japan, socal, seattle its all the same to me.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oddly enough, the B's I had last year had the BB thing going on too...and those tires definately did not feel like B2's on track
Old 08-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok, this is getting confusing... so are BB's confirmed to be B2s? I bought 4 sets of Bs from 3 different sources (1 from last year, 1 from early this year and 2 as of late) and all have the BB designation inside... I'm really crossing my fingers that Tamiya didn't dupe us on this one...!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Oddly enough, the B's I had last year had the BB thing going on too...and those tires definately did not feel like B2's on track
yup.. my B tires are from: (8 Sets total)

Socal Raceway
Rainbow Ten
VIP Hobbies

ALL have the BB# designation on there. and these tires are DEFINITELY not B2's. one run in GT2 and these tires were worn out. two runs and they were paper thin. B2s on the other hand take about 3-4 runs before i see any sort of wear, and when i do, its very minimal.

rod.. love the avatar btw.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Hebiki
rod.. love the avatar btw.
I'm changing it back...don't think it's pc

but you can have it here:
Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default B, BB, BBB

It's pretty easy to distinguish between B's and B2's regardless what's molded inside. The B2's are ROCK hard.

Tamiya should repackage the B2's as drift tires!
Old 08-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation Need Hotel Recommendation for TCS/Looking for a Mini/F201/GT2 car as well

Hey everyone,

Anyone have a hotel recommendation, preferably with big rooms or SUITES that has a pool? Mildly reasonably priced? Can rent 2 rooms if necessary. We hope to stick around so I can take my kids to the zoo and SeaWorld before and after the event. Don't plan to win or anything LOL. last vacation before school for them.

Anyone have a preference for staying IN Viejo or staying in OC or SD and driving a little further?

Looking for someplace with a pool as I'll be travelling with my family and mildly quiet yet local to the event.

I used to live in SD but haven't been back down there in over 20 years. This is my first year qualifying for the TCS. Would appreciate any recommondations.

Oh, also still looking for a GT2 car and a Mini or F201 car as well. My son's going to be running too.

email me @ [email protected] if you've got any recommendations please.

TIA

S
Old 08-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Not this again

Originally posted by rtypec
Thats good news. I know R10 does not have any for sale, does anyone know who has them in stock. I checked speedtech and they are sold out.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Not this again

Originally posted by tomdav
Thats good news. I know R10 does not have any for sale, does anyone know who has them in stock. I checked speedtech and they are sold out.
tomdav,
I got all my sets through my number 1 source: SpeedtechRC. However, if they are out, I've seen them in other places.

2 weeks ago, there was a bunch at so-cal raceway. I'm pretty sure they ship. http://www.socalrc.com/

Also, there were a couple sets left at my local hobby store in Nor-cal. I'm sure they will ship too. www.rctechonline.com
Old 08-17-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thx

I'll check em out.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Need Hotel Recommendation for TCS/Looking for a Mini/F201/GT2 car as well

Originally posted by IDriveSlow
Hey everyone,

Anyone have a hotel recommendation, preferably with big rooms or SUITES that has a pool? Mildly reasonably priced? Can rent 2 rooms if necessary. We hope to stick around so I can take my kids to the zoo and SeaWorld before and after the event. Don't plan to win or anything LOL. last vacation before school for them.

Anyone have a preference for staying IN Viejo or staying in OC or SD and driving a little further?

Looking for someplace with a pool as I'll be travelling with my family and mildly quiet yet local to the event.

I used to live in SD but haven't been back down there in over 20 years. This is my first year qualifying for the TCS. Would appreciate any recommondations.

Oh, also still looking for a GT2 car and a Mini or F201 car as well. My son's going to be running too.

email me @ [email protected] if you've got any recommendations please.

TIA

S
You might have to do a hotel search. Not too difficult to do. Nothing really nice near Tamiya though. You will have to drive.

Last edited by Neil Rabara; 08-17-2004 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Need Hotel Recommendation for TCS/Looking for a Mini/F201/GT2 car as well

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
You might have to do a hotel searce. Not too difficult to do. Nothing really nice near Tamiya though. You will have to drive.
hope this helps.

http://orangecounty.airporthotelguide.com/
Old 08-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've stayed at the courtyard by mariott, its close and has a has great rooms, pool, hot tub, workout room. Its where I5, and I405 intersect. Only slightly north and east of track.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tom D. and I went over this at the TCS here. I went through several sets of recently purchased "b" tire sets. I still have one set from several years ago that I purchased for GT1 nats that I have not glued up. The carcass feels alot stiffer on the NEW re-released "b" sets that I have seen. If the tire has ONE B inside the tire it is a B. If it has TWO "BB" then it is a B2. If it has THREE "B" then it is a B3 tire. I believe Tamiya brought some tires over last year for nationals and these are "mis-marked / mis-boxed" sets. Sorry to bring the bad news.

As for avaialablity. I already got the EVO IV into stock and sold it. I got it from a US warehouse that buys from Tamiya USA.

As for B3 tires, As I understand it, they should be in this week.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Or to add a further wrinkle when Tamiya created the molds for the B and then went to the B2 they were reengraved with BB the inner mold should be reuseable. The outer would be the mold to recreate to vary the thickness of the carcass.

The new B's last year did not have the slow heat and rock hard characteristics of the original BB

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.