Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
Well first, I would like to say we have very little control over pricing. If you add up sedan tires and wheel they are around $65 for a set that is not premounted. They are more expensive than unmounted tires and wheels, but premounts always are. Foams are more expensive and wear faster. If we had rubber tires for the F103 available to us, the situation would probably be different.

Second, the brushless system rules were put in place to A) make racing more competitve, and B) allow people to run electronics in their cars that can not only be used for TCS but for a variety of other racing series. We want you to be able to race cars in other series and not just TCS. We understand the initial costs, but we feel its better to keep up with current rules and technology than to try and keep old technology going and force people to put money into something that is essentially useless in a series like ROAR.

I learned a long time ago that you can't make everyone happy especially with TCS, but I am merely trying to help explain why we made the rules like this. Again, this is just some insight, and I won't be debating if we are right or wrong as I have tried to get into that fight too many times.

Maybe I'll post in another month or two!
There is nothing wrong with the rules, a a matter of fact, I think they are the best theyve ever been. The premount foams are another story. If you add up what it costs to build a set of foams vs premounts, there is a big gap
I believe that I can build a set of kit tires for around $40, and the premounts are $70 dont you think thats a big gap? Now if the premounts are some exotic rubber compound, then maybe that warrants some additional cost. But I think someone needs to look at the pricing and adjust accordingly.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
brushless is legal everywhere
It's not the fact that the brushless isn't "legal"...
Just that none of the guys will go 4 it here.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
If they did would you show up and race so we can watch you throw your $ 400 remote on the pit table in a fit of pouty rage and watch it break into three pieces. If so I will talk to Fred, but this time we get it on video and then You Tube it.
Brandon,

I believe you have missed you calling. I thinks it's clear you should be working with the government as a liaison of sorts. Your eloquent speech and written word would be better used to negotiate possible peace accords between warring factions throughout the world. It's rare when someone possesses both the compassion for mankind and also the gentle eloquence required for the delivery of a message without offending his audience. Please take this into consideration should you decide to change careers.

On to the important stuff - with the "fastest mini race" of the year just around the corner, it would be interesting if someone attending has access to a radar gun. I would like to hear just how fast those silver cans are?

Regards,

John
Old 04-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday !!!

Fastest TCS race of the year at HobbyTown International Raceway in Memphis, Tennessee.
Be There !!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would like to hear just how fast those silver cans are?
That would be pretty cool, especially if we had something to compare the speeds to- did you guys ever do that at Aliso?

Don't know what the actual speeds will be, but can tell you that the Red Dot crowd will be packing some real heat this weekend...
Old 04-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Great! What do we do if the wires are too short or when the cheap crappy white plugs weld themselves together? No, I think Tamiya is a cutting edge company but (shall I continue). I don't like the way this is going at all....
Okay the ESC and BLS motor are nice but, I like to run the 540 Johnson motors because It gives me something to run all my old school speedos in.
Although who knows they might have solder posts on the speedo?

Probably the next question is on the Tamiya side of things is the 540j going to totally disappear from the kits or even the market? I would tend to not think it would anytime soon but, I don't have the "inside" knowledge.

Tamiya's basing their rules off ROAR and common local racing, you would not have to worry about much. Some of the past rules have been based off what tracks deem good for a certain class.

The irony with BL it is supposed to be a long-term system that lasts for years. With the constant changing in technology, it seems like it becomes something that is obsolete or needs to be swapped out on an annual basis, if you want to be competitive...
Old 04-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madjack
Brandon,

I believe you have missed you calling. I thinks it's clear you should be working with the government as a liaison of sorts. Your eloquent speech and written word would be better used to negotiate possible peace accords between warring factions throughout the world. It's rare when someone possesses both the compassion for mankind and also the gentle eloquence required for the delivery of a message without offending his audience. Please take this into consideration should you decide to change careers.

On to the important stuff - with the "fastest mini race" of the year just around the corner, it would be interesting if someone attending has access to a radar gun. I would like to hear just how fast those silver cans are?

Regards,

John
What the h e double hockey sticks are you talkin about. You want peace put me in a strip club with a black american express card. Now thats peace
Old 04-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Going fast ... going slow .. crashing .. Racing conflicts... emotions... Money... family ... friends ... humor , or in some cases the lack there of. Opinions...
and if Brandon or I want to cry and or throw out $400 transmitter , thats our choice . You can comment on it , whatever you want . One day I Promise you something will happen and you will do something rash ... I mean geez man ...Obama is president , anything can happen RIGHT!?
Old 04-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
What the h e double hockey sticks are you talkin about. You want peace put me in a strip club with a black american express card. Now thats peace

Peace is spelled piece as in piece of blank
Old 05-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Woa A Black American President, and now a Black American Express card? Why can't we all be color blind?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

MEMPHIS THIS WEEKEND!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

It looks like rain on this parade
Old 05-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Yeah, bad year for TCS races. This might have been my only chance this year, and now it's looking like a washout.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Fun Race......

Talked to Fred today.. he said there will be at least 1 fun race this month
Old 05-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Yeah, bad year for TCS races. This might have been my only chance this year, and now it's looking like a washout.
You can always race under a roof in Omaha.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.