Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
........ I would much prefer to run brushless anyways, one motor in the car and nothing to carry to support it. Whatever the rules are, I will play to them, I always have.This is still toy cars we are talking about, but when you start messing with someones honor, to me it no longer is about toy cars.
I agree, but......

Be careful what you wish for Brad, as brushless now will rapidly begin to show its more sinister/expensive side. I think you'll see soon that these races will be won at the keyboard instead of in the last corner. Software, and not easily-inspected hardware, will win races with electronic proportional timing advance based on RPM. It's already here, it's expensive, and I believe this will become much more common in brushless esc's in the near future.

Oh, and by the way-- speed costs, so how fast do you wanna go?

Aren't these little toy cars fun?

Last edited by Doc; 04-08-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doc
I agree, but......

Be careful what you wish for Brad, as brushless now will rapidly begin to show its more sinister/expensive side. I think you'll see soon that these races will be won at the keyboard instead of in the last corner. Software, and not easily-inspected hardware, will win races with proportional timing advance based on RPM. It's already here, and I believe this will become much more common in brushless esc's in the near future.

Oh, and by the way-- speed costs, so how fast do you wanna go?
I dont disagree, but at the sme time, you probably better than anyone else knows that the faster you go, the more chassis you will need under you. Setup will always be critical, and you still have to drive the car. So far, brushless has been more evenly matched, yes there is still diparity, but not as bad as the battle of the brushed motors.
And I want to go really fast
Old 04-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was going to let this lie but the harranging and stupidity I've seen here is just out of control....

What I want to know Jeff is how is what Doc doing any different that what any of a hundred people do to these motors for themselves? The only difference is that he offers to share what he has learned with the masses! I can't count how many times I've gone to Nationals and been blown away by the speed of many of the TT-Locals. When I talk to them about their motors and trying to get some tuning help all folks normally get is a "Sorry about your luck". It sounds like what would make you happy Jeff is if all someone could do is open the box and install the motor in the car. I wouldn't mind that. Propose it to Fred and he may implement that rule for the next season. By the statements you've made you're claiming that someone braking in the motor and using comm drops should be illegal in your mind.

FACT: Every Red Dot motor starts its live as a TAM53689 J-Type motor. Anything that claims otherwise is simply wrong and uninformed.

FACT: Red Dot motors are available to anyone! That's right Jeff, even you can order a Red Dot motor from Doc.

FACT: Yes, they cost $45, but in reality what you're paying for is $18 for the motor and $27 for tuning. Time and experience are worth something. If you disagree with it, DON'T BUY ONE AND LEARN TO TUNE A MOTOR YOURSELF!!!

FACT: If Tamiya America/Fred had a problem with what Doc was doing they would tell him so and I have no doubt Doc would comply and stop selling them.

I for one am curious where you get your "facts" that you claim the motors Doc uses aren't Type J's to start with. You've done a lot of accusing and blow-harding here. Doc and others have point blank said you're wrong and all you do is continue to fling your poo at him. What are you trying to gain or prove though this? What benefit does this have to the series or hobby? Or maybe I should just ask who pissed in your Cheerios, because this is getting ridiculous. If you don't like the Red Dot motors, push the keyboard tray in and the next time you are at an event FILE A PROTEST!!!! Until then, on behalf of the entire thread, knock off the baby bs.

Pushing soap box away....

Last edited by RCGaryK; 04-08-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here we go again with the great silver can argument. If any of you were close enough, I would throw one of a boxfull of DUD silver cans at you.

Red Dot motors is one of the best things that has happened to silver can racing!!!!!!I spend $45.00 and get a silver can motor that will race. I no longer have to buy 5 - 10 motors ( $90.00 to 180.00 total at $18.00 ea) and spend countless hours breaking them in just to get one that will be good enough to race.

It's an easy choice. The money I that I did not spend on motors got used for parts, tires, batteries...So even Tamiya wins! Sir Swift Alot...how many lap dances could you buy for the $135.00 that you save???

Doug is a CLASS ACT!!!When Trackside announced their 13500rpm limit JUST 3 days before the event, I could of had a $45.00 paper weight that would of been illegal to race. Doug made sure that I had a legal motor for the event. We need more people like Doug in this hobby!

There was a DQ'd motor at Trackside, BUT IT WAS NOT A RED DOT. There were plenty of red dot motors that got tech'd, and all passed with no problems.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rugrat
Sir Swift Alot...how many lap dances could you buy for the $135.00 that you save???
Best....

Line....

EVAR!!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wait Wait Wait Wait one minute I don't feel this is right. Everyone is arguing and throwing crap around and I am not involved nor am I the subject of the discussion. This is BS now who do I have to piss off in order to become the main focus of this current bitch fest. Any volunteers? . . . .
Bueler........ Bueler......... Bueler...................Bueler
Old 04-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Wait Wait Wait Wait one minute I don't feel this is right. Everyone is arguing and throwing crap around and I am not involved nor am I the subject of the discussion. This is BS now who do I have to piss off in order to become the main focus of this current bitch fest. Any volunteers? . . . .
DAAAMMMMM !!!! I would be the one you would have to piss off .. Butt silver can motors + me = poof !!! Hey swif . how it going ..
Old 04-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Well if u werent so busy trying to find places to put rare earth magnets, u would have been in the thick of it

hey is that a magnet in ur pocket or are u just happy to see me
im here all week, try the veal!!!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Well if u werent so busy trying to find places to put rare earth magnets, u would have been in the thick of it

hey is that a magnet in ur pocket or are u just happy to see me
im here all week, try the veal!!!!!
You know what was funny about that is everyones motors were tightly looked at by Deven and of course when Dylan's motor came to tech it went right through with no questions LOL. I was told we had a number we could not go over not how we got it there. Plus I went from TQ to DQ then back to TQ and won so I was happy and I admitted it so now what. Anyways I have Blue Dot motors for sale they are totally TCS legal and will sell for $44.00 plus shipping.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:32 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray k
Hey R, Thanks . What you doing over here in Tamiyatown!!!!!!!!!!
i saw/heard you were winning. checking for verification lol

R
Old 04-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default TCS Location :(

...is there a reason why our TCS Regional is gonna be on a parking lot surface, where there are no regular races are held, while 3 miles away there is a Class A facility, that races every weekend that hosted TCS last year?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:48 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [RC10TC]
...is there a reason why our TCS Regional is gonna be on a parking lot surface, where there are no regular races are held, while 3 miles away there is a Class A facility, that races every weekend that hosted TCS last year?
There are many factors that go into why the location who host races are chosen, and do not only depend upon the track itself. If you know of a good place that would like to have a race, please have them apply for next season.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Andrew...

Whats the word on a make up date for the Aliso Regional...?

Inquiring minds want to know..
Old 04-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What are those factors? Affiliation to Hobby Town? Pretend to have a race schedule?

HT fremont is hosting a race and they have yet to hold a single race this year. It's annoying to see a dedicated race facility get passed over for a temporary parking lot track.

I have a few other questions. Are you guys planning to reschedule the 2 races that were cancelled? Is there a chance to have other race facilities bid in for those rescheduled races?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

my work day would go by so MUUUUUCH slower if this thread didnt exist.

be right back.. i need to go pop some more popcorn.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.