Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 04-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

First off it's a moot point. Not mute.

Second, when your car is good and driving ability is there, motor becomes important. I noticed a difference when I got a better motor in my car. Period. And I will put my car up against anyone who was there last weekend as equal.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

The short version " The fast guys will always be fast". What is racing ?, racing is pushing the limits of the driver,tires,handling and horsepower!!!!

Last edited by Ray k; 04-01-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The interesting point about the rules are-is they will be different next year.

I appreciate the rules getting posted in October of last year and hope that we can be clued in what the next year changes can and will be. Some of us have limited budgets and appreciate having time to plan and raise money. I do love the BL and Lipo technology but they are changing on a weekly/monthly basis. So what you buy last month may not be competitive really quick with TCS. Local racing is much different than the TCS series.

When Tamiya comes out with their BL system I hope it can be the tech that stabilizes the BL game in the series. I don't want it to replace the Johnson classes, if their is a demand would rather see different classes, even if it means 2 F1 or 2 mini brushed/BL classes. If after running both the brushed classes die, then so be it.

What would I like to see besides a Tamiya BL system, it would have to be pre-mount Tamiya sedan tires.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko

I appreciate the rules getting posted in October of last year and hope that we can be clued in what the next year changes can and will be. Some of us have limited budgets and appreciate having time to plan and raise money. I do love the BL and Lipo technology but they are changing on a weekly/monthly basis. So what you buy last month may not be competitive really quick with TCS. Local racing is much different than the TCS series.

When Tamiya comes out with their BL system I hope it can be the tech that stabilizes the BL game in the series. I don't want it to replace the Johnson classes, if their is a demand would rather see different classes, even if it means 2 F1 or 2 mini brushed/BL classes. If after running both the brushed classes die, then so be it.

What would I like to see besides a Tamiya BL system, it would have to be pre-mount Tamiya sedan tires.
I would point out again that the system linked to on the previous page was a SENSORLESS system. Completely different feel versus what most of us are used to. I for one would hate to see a spec sensorless system
Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko

Roger that ! But as for premounts... As long as they dont charge me up the wahzoo for premounts. I think that the trend will only allow those premounts in F1 so they can soak whomever wants to run that class. Seems to me that they have gotten a bit greedy as of late. Most of the racers I know are quite frugal about the toys and racing. Some yet still toss the coin like its going out of style. I for one want to keep it simple. And for the matter of fact that Tamiya just lost out on that $75 set of tires..... REDICULOUS!
I quit 1/8 nitro 'cause tires and fuel were getting out of hand. Even then I could bet a full set of premounts for $30. Please Tamiya I implore you to keep it real. don't kill an awesome class like the F1 cars.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Just a heads up...for those planning on racing in the Omaha TCS race. They will have a 13500 rpm @ 5v rule.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

News release: M-05 and F104 on the way!!
Old 04-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
News release: M-05 and F104 on the way!!
I got this link from BP.
http://www.rc-japan.de/article.php?i...cd551ebde33238
Old 04-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Default Memphis in May

Memphis T.C.S. registrationform now on-line:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/entry_143.php

No RPM limits, just good old racin' southern style. Come one, come all !!!!!

C ya'll May 3rd....... Wahoo !!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:34 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

The date is wrong on the registration form.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs

Getting ready for the fermont tcs race and have a few questions.
what tires and inserts for mini (m03m)
will there be power
practice on saturday

looking forward to coming down.

Jon Mclean
Old 04-04-2009, 06:19 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

if turnouts is an indication, they will surely look at rules for next yr. if in fact a f104 and m04 are on the way, i'm sure they will look at their prgm to get growth back. the IFS deal looks down, and folks still rip tamiya for their tire policy. i'd be willing to bet that if they let a spec class run as a spec class, pitch their mini and f1 offerings, and let the TCs run on a mandated tire (ie blues or greens). they'd get more folks, have a better show, and sell more cars that get run EVERY wk. i do surely believe that they'd sell more 415/416s if they simply let folks run em as they would every wk.

R
Old 04-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
if turnouts is an indication, they will surely look at rules for next yr. if in fact a f104 and m04 are on the way, i'm sure they will look at their prgm to get growth back. the IFS deal looks down, and folks still rip tamiya for their tire policy. i'd be willing to bet that if they let a spec class run as a spec class, pitch their mini and f1 offerings, and let the TCs run on a mandated tire (ie blues or greens). they'd get more folks, have a better show, and sell more cars that get run EVERY wk. i do surely believe that they'd sell more 415/416s if they simply let folks run em as they would every wk.

R
IMO GT2 was on of the best classes at Trackside, and I think its gonna grow. F1 was huge as well, and probably the most competitive class of the weekend. Mini was big as ever. At 200+ entries, id say that TCS is pretty healthy. Other tracks should follow Scottys lead and figure out how to draw those kinds on numbers
Old 04-04-2009, 07:13 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well do tamiya tires last longer on the rug over plot? prolly so. who knows, different areas, different tastes. i think down here at the frederick deal they had more senior spec racers than gt2 or gt3, maybe gt2 and gt3. f1 hasnt seemed to gain a foothold with racers. seemed to be mini, gt1, and senior spec was the nerve center.

is what it is

R
Old 04-04-2009, 07:20 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I would like to see Tamiya give Senior Spec a chance at other races.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.