Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by eeyan

How I wish Scottie(who just came back from his r/c stint in the Philippines) and Joven would come down and play... the TAOB guys will definitely have a blast cheering these two on...

Scotty just got home today. We all are making the Trek to warm and sunny California!

We are arriving Wednesday. There are at least 15 of us coming from Wisconsin (where it was 56 degrees today)
Old 08-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

That's a warm day!
Old 08-12-2004, 05:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Who's gonna win???

GT1 : Corey Whiteman (this guy is fast!)
Past Champs : I would like to say myself but I predict Rodzilla or Scotty!!!

I can't wait to race there again...the format for the past chumps is awesome! soooo much fun!

Anyone know much about the brushless system that us past chumps will be using (Scotty?, Charlie??) Different settings on the ESC?? etc????

Martin Crisp
Old 08-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Martin, is it the Novak system? If so it has a TON of bottom end torque, so you would gear it taller than a 19T. There isn't much you can change on the speedo itself for a profile, basically just an rpm limiter or not. It's a neat system. Scotty actually used on to practice with last year and his car did look fast.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Martin, what you want to do is put it in profile 5 or 6 (sportman stock mode) while we run unlimited Seriously, I think profile 2 is the one we want to run...unlimted with low brake? Also, I believe the gear ratios will be spec as well as the batteries so there isn't much we can do except have fun.

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
I was able to get ahold of Fred today...
Congratulations...I hear he's like catching a salamandar...
Old 08-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cant change the gearing. Its spec also!
Old 08-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default sign ups

Have you been getting email's confirming your spot or a letter in the mail? I will be calling to confirm today but did not want to jump the gun.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default finals

RC Driver Gary - your caption is oh sooooo true!

Rod - So these things have different profiles eh! Well at least we can adjust somthing

Yeah it is fixed gear and hand-out battery - just like japan baby!

This will make the racing even closer than last year.

I am going to the "last chance warmup race" for the worlds in Florida the weekend before Cali....going to be a fun couple of weeks!

So Rod - which car do you like better evo 4 or 415...Tom Ordered my evo 4 a while ago and it has been sitting in customers for over a month... still don't have it.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Martin, even though I've only driven the Evo4 for one weekend, I can say that at this point, it's a toss up with a slight edge going to the Evo4. The 415 is good an maybe with the newer suspension components, I'll dig it even more.

Just finished wiring a bl into my 04. Tight fit and I hope it stays together hehe.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ..

Hi Rod,

yeah...I thought eh evo 4 might have better acceleration and possibly top speed, but the 415 might be more consistent handling...? I don't have the new lightweight arms either...it would have been nice to get them before I head off to Florida next week. But I should be able to get a good setup anyway.

I was wondering about the fit of the bl into the 04 given the tub chassis. I will have to blow the dust off my 04 from last years chump race...it still has the tires on it that I ran in the last round of the tamiya race last year Looks like the shock oil has not leaked out either...tamiya shocks are awesome! Even Matt Francis runs Tamiya shocks.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Martin fit is good I ran a BL in my 04 last summer for a bit. The only issue is the speedo is huge from what we are used to nowdays.
Set-up will be alot different though there is no drag from the motor so turn-in can be an issue.

Save a spot at the table for me I'll be in late Friday. We all sitting together again?

D
Old 08-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: sign ups

Originally posted by tomdav
Have you been getting email's confirming your spot or a letter in the mail? I will be calling to confirm today but did not want to jump the gun.
Yes, but it came 24-48 hours later

Steve Wang
Old 08-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Oh and whomever puts the handicap parking blue sign on my table I'm gonna kick some ass(that is if I can lift my leg too)
Old 08-13-2004, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Lol, you brought the hole "handi-capable of taking out racers" thing on your own buddy haha T-minus three weeks or two weeks (if you're lucky enough to run ALL WEEK practice)..this is gonna be fun.

To all past chumps, so what do you guys think about the clamp on hex hubs? Last night, I tried to remove the plastic ones and had to resort to using a screwdriver to pry them off, that can't be good.

Any idea on the spec tire and gear ratio?

Last edited by rtypec; 08-13-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Difuser
Oh and whomever puts the handicap parking blue sign on my table I'm gonna kick some ass(that is if I can lift my leg too)
Replace "kick" with "punch".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.