Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Possible dates!

Originally Posted by Hebiki
any word on the rescheduled TCS event? i dont know if i can wait until June to run TCS! i might start more arguments on here.
Hi Chris,
I heard possibly March, and if that doesn't happen then May will be the next possible date!
Just my 2$
Old 03-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Hi Chris,
I heard possibly March, and if that doesn't happen then May will be the next possible date!
Just my 2$
hehe better be soon..we're 9 days into march already
Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Screw that Chris lets argue about arguing
I don't want to... You argue ....
Old 03-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To race or not to race..... that is the question..... Hmmmm I may have to sign up for the "C" race for my last TCS race....
Old 03-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
To race or not to race..... that is the question..... Hmmmm I may have to sign up for the "C" race for my last TCS race....
you know you want to race.....
Old 03-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Mr. Katzer,
I believe I remember seeing a Corvette on the Pole getting the whole shot @ a TCS National Race? and going into the fast LH sweeper and all 4 Rubber tires coming off the rims at the same time and passing the Corvette in the sweeper? Do you remember that?? I truly felt very sad for you!
When we will we see your presence at a TCS Race?
Steve.
Actually only 2 tires came off the rims, thankyouverymuch....

I am working on trying to come up to Trackside. Just need Tamiya to finally have tires in stock so I don't have to support the eBay black market out of Hong Kong
Old 03-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wanna race, but I don't have any tires. And I don't wanna pay $24 in shipping just to get them by the weekend. I'll have to see if they have any at the "C". And my battery is not on the list, although, I think someone here mentioned if it's Roar legal, it should be okay? I'm running the 5000 ThunderPower 40c pack.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

I wanna race, but I don't have any tires. And I don't wanna pay $24 in shipping just to get them by the weekend. I'll have to see if they have any at the "C". And my battery is not on the list, although, I think someone here mentioned if it's Roar legal, it should be okay? I'm running the 5000 ThunderPower 40c pack.
Geez I hope it is .. thats what im gonna be running.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That is what Fred told me and I mentioned that pack specifically and he said it was ok.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For everyone who's coming to Frederick this weekend for the TCS race, a reminder that we will be running one additional (exhibition) class: Senior Spec.

This is not a novice class (if you enter Tamiya Novice Spec, you should not also enter this class), although the rules are pretty much the same as Tamiya Spec: TT01 chassis, one of three kit 26mm tire types (radial, slick, semi-slick), stock 61/19 gearing, with optional bearings, oil shocks, aluminum driveshaft, turnbuckle links, etc. Biggest differences are 1) we allow Lipo's if you want them, and 2) we use handout Red Dot 15K motors that have been tuned to be within 3% of each other in performance.

Lap times are very close- typically within a tenth or two of each other- and so is the racing. You get a motor in a blind draw at the beginning of the event, and we may swap them around between heats as well. Motors must be returned at the end of the event.

It's super-fun, super-low-key, super close cost-controlled racing (hey, the car's only a hundred bucks and comes with tires, body and a speed control!) that has been very popular here. It also tends to attract mid-level drivers who want to improve their driving skills but who are not yet ready (or don't have the fundage) for 17.5 brushless.

Because it's an exhibition class, there's no provision to sign up for it on Tamiya's web site. Just let RayK or me know if you intend to run the class on Saturday (if you're coming early to practice) or Sunday during sign-in. Class size will be limited to 20 racers due to the limited number of motors available.

See you at The Coliseum!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Here are some pictures of "The Coliseum" in Frederick, MD site of the 1st 2009Tamiya TCS Race. I will have to say that this is one of the finest facilities in the USA! Looking forward to racing tomorrow on this track
3 MORE DAYS TILL THE 1ST 2009 TAMIYA TCS RACE.
COME ON YOU GUYS FROM THE WEST COAST! GET ON SOUTHWEST AIRLINES FROM LAX TO BWI FOR AROUND $200 AND DRIVE ABOUT 45 MIN WEST TO FREDERICK,MD AND RACE AT ONE OF THE FINEST RC FACILITIES IN EXISTENCE AND IT'S ONLY 5 HOURS BY AIR AWAY!

I AM A WEST COAST GUY THAT WAS TRANSPLANTED BACK HERE IN THE WASH DC AREA A FEW YEARS AGO AND I GUARANTEE ONCE YOU RACE HERE AT THE "C" YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED!
Steve.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:39 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Thumbs up

rccardr - The Senior Spec class sounds great. Think it's a great idea. I hope it's a success and can be carried over to the TCS on regular basis. If it was you might get a whole new group of drivers involved. I think the handout motors will be an equalizer. The better drivers will win but I think there will be a lot of close racing throughout the field. Good luck.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think the Senior Spec class is great Idea. I think this is class that can grow if the spec motor was a novak 21.5 especially with the Havoc system costing only $150. This would also open it up to more people since a track would not have to provide tuned silver can motors. I really like the set gearing of this class and the use of the kit tires. with the Tamiya bodies on these cars you can replicate many forms of racing to raise the scaled realism.

Also do allow all the TT01 hopups as long as the car is geared corectly.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Only four hop-ups for the Senior spec class:

1) Bearings

2) Tamiya alum. drive shaft

3) Adjustable turnbuckles

4) Any Tamiya shocks and springs

We also run 61/19 gearing, For TCS,We are running any of the three kit tires.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray k
Only four hop-ups for the Senior spec class:

1) Bearings

2) Tamiya alum. drive shaft

3) Adjustable turnbuckles

4) Any Tamiya shocks and springs

We also run 61/19 gearing, For TCS,We are running any of the three kit tires.
So the TT01E and the TT01 drift chasis's would not be legal for senior spec. That wold mean the adjustble upper arms would not be legal, those are legal for the TCS spec class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.