Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

see below......

Last edited by 414MPH; 03-06-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by A-Ko
What is you point Ray?

Is your point that Billy running away from you in mini with a cheater motor a few races ago? Ironically the "cheater" motor was a red-dot, so it must be a cheater motor and banned from all competition including TCS.

Your point that Billy also hid very well in his mini a black canned motor so no-tech inspector would notice that it was black canned motor. What a cheater... if the tech inspector took up braille then maybe it was hard to see. . . the obvious was caught! (Maybe he just wanted to compete without spending for a new 1 race motor)

My thought is if they caught you with a magnet in your pocket at Glen Burnie, you probably would not have wasted your time and money to fly out to the nationals (which you did). The obvious question is why you had it? I don't care, I do care a real cheater was caught! Perhaps someone planted it in your pocket and it is not yours. I am surprised they still let you run mini, thought you sold them all. Evidential the tar and feathers washed off and people forgot about your little "oversight".

You should leave your axe & grinder to phone calls, emails, track parking-lots or local octagon ring. Assuming people are still talking to you?
Jeff,

You were not there. You have only internet facts at hand. You are at a definate disadvantage when you comment on this subject. Do yourself a favor and back away from the keyboard on this subject.

I was at Aliso in June for the regional and for the Nats in August and I know what I personally saw, what racers told me first hand, what the at track rumors were and what I read here. I could call out who I thought was wrong, bent the rules or cheated, but first off that is not my place and secondly I may not have all the facts. Many mistakes were made. Only a few admitted their mistakes but others did not man up. Justice is not blind all the time.

Tamiya provides one of the best racing series here in the US. It ain't perfect, but it is so much better than the others. Let's remember why we do this and what it is all about. After all, these are toy cars and most of us are grown men.

Good luck to all competeing this weekend, and see you at Trackside in TWO WEEKS!

Remember, Have fun.... and be excellent to each other.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Doc, did I miss something, or is that 17k@5v just for Frederick????
The 17,000 @ 5v limit is what we at the Coliseum have imposed as a rule for the race in a week.

To Bill and Ray, please this is only bringing me and the Coliseum bad press. If you two have an issue lets work through it and if it involves the rules I have stated than talk to me about it. I think I have been fair to everyone's' needs. We are very lucky to have been selected by Tamiya to host a regional race again and look forward to more in the future but this is probably making it hard for Gary and Fred to think positively about our track.

We really do look forward to seeing a lot of you for the Frederick race and if you make it to the "C" you will not be disappointed by the facility and the quality of racers we have in the area. Trust me it's worth the trip.

All the Best,
Casey
RD at "The Coliseum"
Old 03-07-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Looking forward to my first TCS at The C
Old 03-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Sorry for the bad press Casey, As all don't know Casey is the race director of the "C" ,the first TCS race of the season. This is my local track , this a track were you can be part of the track and its direction ,just not racer at a track.

Casey and a lot of racers have helped to get this race off to some big fun.
The track has been cleaned , a new layout put down and little touches just for the TCS race .

This year we will be running an exhibition class, Senior Spec . A class Doc Mertes and I started this winter. It's a TT-01 spec class with Red Dot handouts and its a drivers race for all ages.

It's kind of funny, Bill and I were just racing mini last sat. laughing and having a great time ,he even got a speed control from me before we left for the night.

Well got to go , I've got a spec class to run and a half a dozen mini guys to help get up to speed for TCS.

Marty , well you know. I'll see you real soon!!

Ray K
Old 03-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Doc, did I miss something, or is that 17k@5v just for Frederick????
Well geezus guys....
I have no way to check my rpm's.
I hope mine is ok....
I can tell you all that is spins up faster and smoother than a fresh black can.
But I'm only listening to the note it makes. That would be a "G", and just a little bit sharp. Maybe I can correlate the sound frequency with the rev's.
Parhaps someone that has a motor dyno can hold a guitar tuner up to a running motor and let me know. That just might be an easy way to tech the motors.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Jeff,
1)
You were not there. You have only internet facts at hand. You are at a definate disadvantage when you comment on this subject. Do yourself a favor and back away from the keyboard on this subject.

2)
Only a few admitted their mistakes but others did not man up. Justice is not blind all the time.
1) I know more than you could imagine.
Back away on the subject of cheaters!
Now that is funny, what do YOU have to hide or what/who to protect?

2) Yep.
Neither is tech, especially at the Nationals.

Do yourself a favor and worry about what you are doing.
I do remember a past nationals where you had to change tires because of certain vent-holes in the wheels almost missing a heat.
Something that was clearly in the rules... whooops....!

Sorry to those that this seems like a trashy novel, cheap bowling trophies or toy cars. This is an expensive hobby and I get tired of cheaters, grey areas and those that push those areas to gain an advantage. I wish more were caught or penalized then there are. Maybe this is the year of the Tamiya pokie for cheaters?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SLAMMM!!! Ouch...
Old 03-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
1) I know more than you could imagine.
Back away on the subject of cheaters!
Now that is funny, what do YOU have to hide or what/who to protect?

2) Yep.
Neither is tech, especially at the Nationals.

Do yourself a favor and worry about what you are doing.
I do remember a past nationals where you had to change tires because of certain vent-holes in the wheels almost missing a heat.
Something that was clearly in the rules... whooops....!

Sorry to those that this seems like a trashy novel, cheap bowling trophies or toy cars. This is an expensive hobby and I get tired of cheaters, grey areas and those that push those areas to gain an advantage. I wish more were caught or penalized then there are. Maybe this is the year of the Tamiya pokie for cheaters?
Do your self a favor & worry about what your doing.
That's very good advice.
As a past champion, you should practice what you preach.
I get tired of people talking about cheaters.
We all now can look forward to a great year of racing with the TCS.
The "C" is a great place to start the season.
I believe we should start talking about the race on Sunday 3/15/09
Roll call for Mini?
Old 03-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chef88
Do your self a favor & worry about what your doing.
That's very good advice.
As a past champion, you should practice what you preach.
I get tired of people talking about cheaters.
We all now can look forward to a great year of racing with the TCS.
Roll call for Mini?
A-ko is a past champ?
Old 03-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chef88
Roll call for Mini?
+1
I'm in for mini!! After the test and tune day it needs a lot of work. And no more time. Maybe I should have been preparing?

Results for this weekends "test and tune" day. (Super stock was basically GT-1 cars, the rest is in Tamiya language.)
Old 03-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mini and Gt1 for me.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Well geezus guys....
I have no way to check my rpm's.
I hope mine is ok....
I can tell you all that is spins up faster and smoother than a fresh black can.
But I'm only listening to the note it makes. That would be a "G", and just a little bit sharp. Maybe I can correlate the sound frequency with the rev's.
Parhaps someone that has a motor dyno can hold a guitar tuner up to a running motor and let me know. That just might be an easy way to tech the motors.
If the sarcasm was directed my way, I believe all I did was ask a simple question. If your name is Doc too, all the response needed was a simple yes or no.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Questions?? reedy lipo 3400mah 7.4v 25c

Hi. I was wondering that reedy lipo 3400mah 7.4v 25c is legal for TCS.

Reedy 3400mAh Stick Pack LiPo Batteries

The rounded stick pack profile of Reedy's all-new 3400mAh LiPo batteries means they are a perfect fit in cars that accept stick packs exclusively such as Tamiya M-chassis vehicles. However, their universal size means that they can fit in any electric vehicle that accepts 7.2V NiMH stick battery packs. An additional design characteristic is the single cell "humps" that key into chassis that accept NiMH batteries in a side-by-side configuration.
more infor: http://67.199.85.166/main/productdet...&category=NULL

TCS General Rules :#4
As new Hard Cased Lipo batteries become available they will be reviewed and made legal upon inspection.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

If the sarcasm was directed my way...
Bob, that's just St. Amant being St. Amant. He sometimes travels...unusual intellectual pathways in his eternal quest for truth. That aside, all good. John may be an acquired taste, but he means no harm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.