Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doc
ps- banana has one n.

P.S. banana has two ns separated by an a.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RAY K

You know my step son was killed in a car accident 4 weeks go by a drunk driver. Some one that step out side the rules and didn’t use good judgment. I my self have all so used poor judgment in the past. I do my best not too put my self in any situation of poor judgment. I would hope that some one that is DQ. at the national would lean some thing from this. All the work that Tamiya has to go through at the national to keep a fair and level playing field. one would have to question that it all starts on the regional level. I support Tamiya , not the person im competing with. 2007 MINI A MAIN WINNER Laurel MD. BOX STOCK SIVLER CAN.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man I love this thread!
Old 03-06-2009, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by C5R01
Man I love this thread!
Wow Chris... ty 4 breaking the ice there.
Someone put a harsh on my mellow.

He makes a point .....
DON'T DRINK
AND DRIVE!!!

or cheat.....
Old 03-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Bill Vacek, 2007 MINI A MAIN WINNER Laurel MD. BOX STOCK SIVLER CAN.

Bill Vacek Sr. 2008 Glen Burnie TCS regional Cheater,running a black can in mini class!!!

After your heats were DQ'ed, I don't think you made the show.

Ray K, 2008 Glen Burnie TCS regional TQ, Finished 2nd to the national level driver Robbie Dodge. Best day of my mini racing life.

Ray K
Old 03-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray k

Bill Vacek Sr. 2008 Glen Burnie TCS regional Cheater,running a black can in mini class!!!

Ray K, 2008 Glen Burnie TCS regional TQ, Finished 2nd to the national level driver Robbie Dodge. Best day of my mini racing life.

Ray K
What is you point Ray?

Is your point that Billy running away from you in mini with a cheater motor a few races ago? Ironically the "cheater" motor was a red-dot, so it must be a cheater motor and banned from all competition including TCS.

Your point that Billy also hid very well in his mini a black canned motor so no-tech inspector would notice that it was black canned motor. What a cheater... if the tech inspector took up braille then maybe it was hard to see. . . the obvious was caught! (Maybe he just wanted to compete without spending for a new 1 race motor)

My thought is if they caught you with a magnet in your pocket at Glen Burnie, you probably would not have wasted your time and money to fly out to the nationals (which you did). The obvious question is why you had it? I don't care, I do care a real cheater was caught! Perhaps someone planted it in your pocket and it is not yours. I am surprised they still let you run mini, thought you sold them all. Evidential the tar and feathers washed off and people forgot about your little "oversight".

You should leave your axe & grinder to phone calls, emails, track parking-lots or local octagon ring. Assuming people are still talking to you?
Old 03-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Anybody know if the lipo battery list will be updated, or is it final? There are a lot of new batteries out there, just wondering. Thanks
Old 03-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Screw it I shoved magnets into my silver can and didn't care either way but when I got dq'd I got another motor and ran it and tq'd again and that motor was " legal " according to deven. But I will agree with AKO on this one when Tamiya goes out of there way to keep the silver & black can racing tight and hand out motors and you are being watched by tech and you can't do ANYTHING to the motors and you get busted with a magnet in your pocket (hold on one more and) and you then call the guy who qualified 2nd at nationals in Mini a cheater. Thats what some people call denial or self dillusion. BUCK up you cheated and never apologized for it. Actually whats worse than that is you cheated and you didn't even do well at it I mean, were you in the top 5? Shit if I was going to do that then I better make sure it was worth it and TQ
All I can say is if you sell that on ebay it better go for alot of money I mean the hotel and air fare probably cost a pretty penny Well enough out of me it seems as if this years TCS is going to " Draw " alot of people so don't get "Stuck" in tech.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

WOW !!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Guys, I think you all ought to just back away from the keyboard for awhile. You're all friends of mine and this is getting just a tad too overheated.

Tamiya has given us a fine set of rules to deal with, no need to quibble. The rule is 17K rpm at 5 volts, using a #53689 Johnson 540 motor. Stick within those parameters and everything will be just dandy.

More than a few of the folks who've been saying some very unkind things have some questionable behavior in their own racing history (I'm just sayin...), but if you've decided to play by the rules from this point forward, well that's OK by me and should be good enough for everyone else too.

Let's just let the past be the past, go to Frederick, and have a lot of fun.

Toy cars. Bowling trophies.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rccardr
Guys, I think you all ought to just back away from the keyboard for awhile. You're all friends of mine and this is getting just a tad too overheated.

Tamiya has given us a fine set of rules to deal with, no need to quibble. The rule is 17K rpm at 5 volts, using a #53689 Johnson 540 motor. Stick within those parameters and everything will be just dandy.

More than a few of the folks who've been saying some very unkind things have some questionable behavior in their own racing history (I'm just sayin...), but if you've decided to play by the rules from this point forward, well that's OK by me and should be good enough for everyone else too.

YEA!!! "What that guy SAID"
Old 03-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ray k

Ray K
Ray K , your information is not even close to be true…. The people that need to know, KNOW!!!! I never made more then 4 laps in all the heat races. Bad motor that never made one lap, from TB… and a under charged battery in the other. I started the B main and pulled out 4 laps in. My TCS. Cars are legal 100%… if you are making referents to a none sanction race, I have used the black can motor at times. But with drawn from the main my self, you don’t need to spend 45.00 to see something not rt…. And what ? did you say 2nd place!!! O MY GOODNESS THE FIRST LOOSER.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sheesh, I've been gone from this site for too long. This thread's better than a cheap romance novel (not that I read 'em or anything)
See ya'll at Scott-tays.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

GOLLY!!! THE FREDERICK, MARYLAND TCS RACE IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!! IN FACT, IT'S IN

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!
LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!

Thank you. Your TCS racing season may now begin.
Here are some pictures of "The Coliseum" in Frederick, MD site of the 1st 2009Tamiya TCS Race. I will have to say that this is one of the finest facilities in the USA! Looking forward to racing tomorrow on this track
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-layout-frederick-md-coliseum-001.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-layout-frederick-md-coliseum-002.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-layout-frederick-md-coliseum-004.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-layout-frederick-md-coliseum-006.jpg  
Old 03-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Doc, did I miss something, or is that 17k@5v just for Frederick????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.