Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 02-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Difuser
For those who had not seen or heard about SIR closing. Doug posted some ics of the place. This is a link to the local thread look down 2-3 posts and you'll see the pics....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...aceway-80.html
Sad day

SIR was a great track. it'll be sorely missed.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This is why its so important to support your local hoobyshop/Ractrack sorry to hear it as well even though I never got a chance to race there.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Would there be anyone interested in running the Vintage Class at the Trackside Race next month?
Dave
Old 02-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
This is why its so important to support your local hoobyshop/Ractrack sorry to hear it as well even though I never got a chance to race there.
That is easier said than done.

My area has had alot of tracks that opened and eventually closed, some that beat the odds and stayed open for 10 years or longer. Some were in the sticks to avoid high rent others in urban areas. Many tracks seem to survive on a month to month basis. The rare few that did not were usually kicked out by a landlord who jacked up rent too high or would not renew.

The most successful track I have been to is Trackside, which is still alive and kicking since my 1st visit in 1995. I am sure anybody interested in opening a track should talk to Scotty, he could rattle some numbers and figures that could make you re-consider your original plan. Those that beat the odds, like Trackside, feel fortunate because they are a rarety!

I don't know why SIR closed, with what I have seen in my area, it is hard for any track to stay open. SIR was on my list of tracks to hit because we do have family in the Seattle area. Who knows maybe they will go back to parkinglot roots like many of us have or revisit the Burien deal....
Old 02-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Would there be anyone interested in running the Vintage Class at the Trackside Race next month?
Sure, I would. But they're already running a full program including the Durga class, PLUS the special Rally class. Do you think they'd be willing to run Vintage as well? If so, I have a car that's ready to go: The Memphis Missile!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

For those who had not seen or heard about SIR closing. Doug posted some ics of the place. This is a link to the local thread look down 2-3 posts and you'll see the pics....

Dan,
I am very sad that SIR has closed it's doors, Doug and you guys were nothing but top notch in regards to running the TCS Races and selling parts. I'm sure there are many reasons why SIR had to close and those need to be within you guys that started the business there. I just want to say that I have been racing RC cars since 1978 and I do not know of any other RC facility that did a more professional job of running exciting races and being very fair and equal with all the racers. I wish Doug and you guys the best of luck and hope to see you guys at some of the TCS races this year maybe Fremont or the 3 upcoming Aliso Viejo races at Tamiya. Bruce and I got rained out this past weekend in So Cal but spent time with the folks.
Good Luck and hope to see you you guys @ some TCS races.
Steve.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is there anyway to help SIR by maybe getting a bunch of the racers to purchase any stock that might be left over I could sure use extra mini parts just an idea. I know it won't reopen the track but it could sure help any money that is still out in parts?
Old 02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
Sure, I would. But they're already running a full program including the Durga class, PLUS the special Rally class. Do you think they'd be willing to run Vintage as well? If so, I have a car that's ready to go: The Memphis Missile!
Good point Doc, I forgot about the Dirt stuff!

Maybe I will just sell it them.

Dave
Old 02-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Dan - I just posted some pics from the '07 TCS race when Terence and I came up on the Northwest thread. Sad to hear the track closed. Best wishes to you and Doug and all the SIR ganag from your So. Cal friends.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brandonand the Gang. If you want to check with Doug try to PM him here. The Tamiya inventory was pretty much combed thru but there was still some items. I know it was packed into boxes and taken offsite.

His screen name is rchoudini and I am sure he would appreciate any and all interest in getting the last of the inventory liquidated.

Thanks again for all the well wishes from everybody. From all of us that helped Doug operate the track it is much appreciated. We are all sad to see it go also. From my personal side I was not affected $$$ wise but the work and time I put in personally is also gone. It really sucks to see it all leave and go away. There are some things in the works to create a new racing program here in Seattle but the old facility is gone.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Brandonand the Gang. If you want to check with Doug try to PM him here. The Tamiya inventory was pretty much combed thru but there was still some items. I know it was packed into boxes and taken offsite.

His screen name is rchoudini and I am sure he would appreciate any and all interest in getting the last of the inventory liquidated.

Thanks again for all the well wishes from everybody. From all of us that helped Doug operate the track it is much appreciated. We are all sad to see it go also. From my personal side I was not affected $$$ wise but the work and time I put in personally is also gone. It really sucks to see it all leave and go away. There are some things in the works to create a new racing program here in Seattle but the old facility is gone.
My lunch was liquidated .
Old 02-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by madjack
Brandon,

It appears to be still a little damp here... do you have a set-up for slightly wet conditions.
High enough to keep the chassis from being in the water ...
soft soft soft..
And last but not least.... A Ziplock baggie.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

anyone have a good starting FDR for GT3 at Trackside? Need a good starting point for me and my son.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by f1larry
anyone have a good starting FDR for GT3 at Trackside? Need a good starting point for me and my son.
I figure its a zero degree stock (27turn) motor .
I'm gonna figure about 2 teeth over what I'd gear a 027 and work from there.
I have to figure out the F103 for myself . Like you I have not much experience with Mabuchi's
Old 02-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Larry, it really depends on the motor more than anything else. Right out of the box, I'd gear somewhere between 4.6 and 4.9. If it was an older 4-vent (sadly, no longer legal for TCS ) maybe up to a 5.4.

We've been gearing our newest Red Dot GT3 motors at a much higher FDR- between 5.8 and 6.5 or so, depending on the layout. Best advice I can give you (if you're starting out with a brandy new #53689) is to start at 5.0 and check the temp after 2 minutes. If it's at 180 or above, drop a tooth. If it's 140 or below, add a tooth.

John, same thing for you but I'd start out with the small 04 spur and a 22 tooth pinion and work up or down from there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.